Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Zedie wrote:2 big injuries
Out in the first round
Alexis scores
Man u go through

Couldn't have gone worse imo

2nd round but yeah pretty shit

Not really no. The 3rd was because we were pushing.
The real issue was up front. Not just poor firward play in terms of runs and positioning but mainly to do with a terrible effort holding the ball.

Lacazette did well in places but guilty of giving the ball away a lot.
Iwobi was headless
Auba, well... dreadful.
Ozil did nothing when he came on.

We're just not good enough in attacking areas against the top teams.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:02 pm

second level team/ 2nd level result... pffft
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:04 pm

Losmeister wrote:second level team/ 2nd level result... pffft

Preach. Working with rusty nails to fix a fence. I would sell iwobi and ozil tomorrow if it meant a top 10 winger and full back we're coming in the summer.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Need 2 new fullbacks, that’s our only trick and both were dogshit
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm

First of all hats off to Maitland Niles and Lacazette. Until today I haven't seen a performance from Maitland-Niles which has made me feel he can make it at Arsenal but that was an excellent performance. The game itself went exactly as I predicted, I told myself all day we will lose to quickfire goals on the counter, don't know why I got hopeful and excited close to the start as obvious is obvious.

Looking at the game there was lots of good stuff happening for us and top moments (especially in midfield) and performances but ultimately we couldn't capitalise on our best attacking moments and that meant we succumbed to our defensive frailties.

Honestly, to me that was Solksjaer beating Emery more than any single player or area winning the game for United. We were killed by the baby face assassin and Emery needs to up his game now and get us using our attacking moments much more efficiently.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 25/01/19 | Arsenal vs Manchester United | FA Cup

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:06 pm

jayramfootball wrote:That's that then. If ever a game showed we need a top strike force this was it.
We're seriously deficient there.
I did like that we worked hard in defence and midfield. Won the ball a lot.
But we were outclassed because Utd have top finishers we don't.

Seriously getting so sick of your BS.

Our defence fell out from under us causing us to change formation and play with one defender.

How can you say we don't have finishers ffs, Auba is top goal scorer in the Prem and look at Laca's finish last week ffs, he's one of the best shooters in the league.

You sound like a r***rd.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:That's that then. If ever a game showed we need a top strike force this was it.

Our defence fell out from under us causing us to change formation and play with one defender.

How can you say we don't have finishers ffs, Auba is top goal scorer in the Prem and look at Laca's finish last week ffs, he's one of the best shooters in the league.

You sound like a r***rd.

We need our own sane/mane/Willian/Sanchez. Sorry but playing iwobi out wide is so small time. It's disgusting
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

indy23 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You sound like a r***rd.

We need our own sane/mane/Willian/Sanchez. Sorry but playing iwobi out wide is so small time. It's disgusting

Willian?!?!??

Nah bro how can u say one we should have one of the worst wingers in the prem

Chelsea fans hate him and it’s not just cos he’s black either
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Willian is garbage lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby elber » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Yeah the attack wasn’t the problem today.

Emery’s idiotic tactics and the teams abysmal defending was what screwed us agajn. That and probably the most unacceptable of all.....Manure’s players looked like they wanted it more.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:First of all hats off to Maitland Niles and Lacazette. Until today I haven't seen a performance from Maitland-Niles which has made me feel he can make it at Arsenal but that was an excellent performance. The game itself went exactly as I predicted, I told myself all day we will lose to quickfire goals on the counter, don't know why I got hopeful and excited close to the start as obvious is obvious.

Looking at the game there was lots of good stuff happening for us and top moments (especially in midfield) and performances but ultimately we couldn't capitalise on our best attacking moments and that meant we succumbed to our defensive frailties.

Honestly, to me that was Solksjaer beating Emery more than any single player or area winning the game for United. We were killed by the baby face assassin and Emery needs to up his game now and get us using our attacking moments much more efficiently.

I usually agree with you Rev but can't this time. That was the players, not the manager. Ours didn't show up in the big moments and theirs did. There was nothing tactical about this game at all. Very different to the Chelsea game. Our forwards bottled it and the defence fell apart. Their's were clinical
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gamechannel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:15 pm

My observations from the game:

- Emery wants to play a system for which he doesn't have the right players for. Is that his fault? No. But until he gets those players, he needs to play to the strengths of this team as opposed to trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

- Cech is retiring at the end of the season. You don't owe him anything. Why would not continue to play your first choice GK in Leno? It's not like Cech is threatening to leave if you don't play him?! Stupid selection from Emery.

- The Gendouzi for Kos substitution made NO sense whatsoever. Why would you bring Gendouzi on and move Xhaka in defence when you have Monreal on the bench - a player who has actually played as a decent CB in the past?! Gendouzi was not needed!

- Ozil should have been played in the middle - he is not effective if he is not in the No. 10 role - But Emery's system doesn't have a No. 10 role - everything is basically created through the flanks with nothing through the middle. Mind boggling.

- Emery gets a pass on here from majority of the fans for still not sorting out the defensive issues - it can't ALL be down to the players - the manager should have introduced some sort of marginal improvement in defence even with the same players - let alone the fact that he has brought in a new CB and a new DM.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby realtalk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:16 pm

indy23 wrote:

Preach. Working with rusty nails to fix a fence. I would sell iwobi and ozil tomorrow if it meant a top 10 winger and full back we're coming in the summer.

It would'nt matter if these guys left the approach in attack is poor. Emery has a midtable mentality. He Actually does'nt even play a striker. Its not even false 9. Its literally striker less with no focal point. We dont have dynamic player to play this.

He should go look at that SAS or brenden rogers liverpool. Thats the only way i can see laca & auba working. Playmaking & passing football is not what emery is interested in.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby indy23 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:22 pm

realtalk wrote:
indy23 wrote:

It would'nt matter if these guys left the approach in attack is poor. Emery has a midtable mentality. He Actually does'nt even play a striker. Its not even false 9. Its literally striker less with no focal point. We dont have dynamic player to play this.

He should go look at that SAS or brenden rogers liverpool. Thats the only way i can see laca & auba working. Playmaking & passing football is not what emery is interested in.

Midtable mentality? He goes for the win every game. We have weaklings and injury prone players and no wingers. He plays our best players and demands ozil match their work rate otherwise he would be out there too. Nobody would do a better job with no f***ing wingers. Nobody wants this job. I believe the Luis Enrique story from the summer now... Especially with this we have no money story thAt came out.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:23 pm

We have money in the summer, just not in Jam
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19