12/01/19 | West Ham United 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 12/01/19 | West Ham United 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 pm

indy23 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:"The same players battered Spurs one week then got battered the next."

so its on the manager? you dont wtf you are on about, man.

so, let's see... look at messi, look at cr7. does it matter at all wtf the manager is? no.

so when messi has a cold streak its cos the manager is failing to get teh best out of him?

Agreed goes both ways. U can't ask a dog to be a cat . Asking guendozi to turn into pirlo to save us is pure naivety bybthe club as a whole. Imagine losing 5 times in January and being told nope no money cuz pubbers make such n such on our team

exactly. i like douzi and think he has potential. but auto-starter on AFC means AFC doesnt have good enough players.
ffs, i am having myself a sniffle, missing Cazorla...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:07 pm

"Emery is delusional if he thinks we deserved more out of the game."

i think he's tryna NOT THROW his players under the bus for failing to convert the few chances.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:13 pm

This is the first time this season I have felt that sinking feeling. Once again an awful defensive error for the goal, some of the defensive errors we have made this season have been some of our worst, basically ever in the prem.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:23 pm

This is going to take time. Obviously if we are serious we will keep ozil buy a wc defender and proper wingers in the summer but don't think we will ever have wc players in every position on the pitch unless our scouting team gets players right before they hit that level. Lucas is easily worth more than 22 million .. signings like that is what will fix budget teams. It's how Dortmund won 2 league titles.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby tsakis » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Guys I think emery is not to be targeted. We leaked goals and lacked height and width so he lined up with 3 cb and 2 wb..He is just doing what he can with this personnel. Guendozi is my favorite but he is not ment to play all these games.... Our squad went from being one of the lazyest to running more than any other team in PL. This WOULD take a toll after 2 boxing days anyway. We looked tired today. Seeing bellerin not beeing ready might mean Ozil wasnt too...

I am also really gutted and I want someone to blame but the truth is we have a new manager and the 6th best squad player wise. Its sad but true.

Liverpool and City are out of reach... Chelsea only lack a striker but the ones they have can really sell in tranfer market (morata/batsuayi can bring easily 50+ mill) and teams will take them because they are not at stupid wages. Their manager not doing so well and imagine how many players they have we ll want that dont even play! Christensen/ Cheek/ Odoi even Moses FFS could be a good option instead AMN!!! Hate Spurs but name 5 players they have that we wouldnt take FFS... Kane / son / ericksen are top notch, hell even that k**nt Ali who I hate will walk in our team for fun... Lucas might be a starter on our team... They have at least 3CBs that can compete with socratis who arguably is the best we have. Their backs are at least on par with a good belerin. And there is also United.. Arguably quality (and expensive ) players at all areas..

We need rebuild, but it wont be easy with these owners.... We were spoiled by the unbeaten run but our natural position as the league stands quality wise is 6th.. I hope Unai does a miracle and win EL so its easier to turn things around next season.
tsakis
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:28 pm

We had a whole week off and half the team didn’t even play at Blackpool so what excuse is there for being tired? Essentially ntially had 2 weeks off since Fulham.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 pm

People can’t keep refusing to blame the manager for anything. This is Wenger 2.0 leve shit. He picked the formation, the tactics, the starters. He got them ready for this match. Blame the players all you want, that’s fair. But you’re living fantasy if you think the gaffer had nothing to do with this loss, or one’s before it.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 pm

It’s Wenger’s legacy.

He is to blame. He left us with this group of players. Far too many of them are simply not good enough.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gamechannel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 pm

This is why I keep harping that you play your best players, period.

Singling out one of your best and most creative offensive players and benching them for not putting in a defensive shift is madness. It will work in some games, but eventually the team will run out of ideas and will lack creativity.

Emery needs to realize that the defence is shit regardless of playing 3 at the back or 2. And with the lack of funds, a solution is not walking through the doors this transfer window. He needs to give his team the best chance to win by playing AOL up front and abandon his foolish fascination with a back 3.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gamechannel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Phil71 wrote:It’s Wenger’s legacy.

He is to blame. He left us with this group of players. Far too many of them are simply not good enough.

The hell man? There were.. there were 4 Emery players who played today - 6 if you count Auba and Laca considering Wenger didn't play Laca much and Auba was not a Wenger signing. We can't keep blaming Wenger for Emery's short comings.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BouncySean » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Losmeister wrote:"Emery is delusional if he thinks we deserved more out of the game."

i think he's tryna NOT THROW his players under the bus for failing to convert the few chances.

We didn't make anywhere near enough chances agree we missed some sitters but none the less we didn't deserve to win
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gamechannel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Fenice wrote:People can’t keep refusing to blame the manager for anything. This is Wenger 2.0 leve shit. He picked the formation, the tactics, the starters. He got them ready for this match. Blame the players all you want, that’s fair. But you’re living fantasy if you think the gaffer had nothing to do with this loss, or one’s before it.

It's quite amusing to see people defending Emery for the same shit Wenger would have gotten ripped apart.

One must be f***ing delysitinal to think that this Arsenal team can not beat West Ham regardless of the manager.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:58 pm

gamechannel wrote:

The hell man? There were.. there were 4 Emery players who played today - 6 if you count Auba and Laca considering Wenger didn't play Laca much and Auba was not a Wenger signing. We can't keep blaming Wenger for Emery's short comings.

Agreed.

I'm finding it surprising that some are willing to blame everyone but the manager.

Not talking about Phil in particular.

Nobody asked him to fall out with Ozil or stop playing Ramsey altogether. Nobody's asked him to play 8-9 defensive players even against lesser sides.

It's his first season here. And you follow the basic premise: play your best players most of the time. He's digging his own grave.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:04 pm

The defensive formation made no sense and is on emery. Ozil I can see him being annoyed with his body language during big games and his audacity when he gets pulled off after providing nothing maybe worked on Wenger but just pissed off emery. That being said ozil should play games against West Ham even if he doesn't perform against the United's or Chelsea's.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gamechannel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Angelito wrote:
gamechannel wrote:

Agreed.

I'm finding it surprising that some are willing to blame everyone but the manager.

Not talking about Phil in particular.

Nobody asked him to fall out with Ozil or stop playing Ramsey altogether. Nobody's asked him to play 8-9 defensive players even against lesser sides.

It's his first season here. And you follow the basic premise: play your best players most of the time. He's digging his own grave.

It's f***ing boring to watch Arsenal play under Emery to be honest. It's like we replaced AW with an equally shit manager who has somehow managed to make it even more boring to watch Arsenal play. I hated the tippy tappy football around the box under Wenger. I hate Emery's rely on opposition's mistakes and counter style even more.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19