Re: 29/12/18 | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:27 pm

kolasinac might be out
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:I'm not expecting or accepting a piss poor performance and hammering just because we're playing Liverpool and have injuries.

The team have to show up and Emery has to whip them into shape. Under Wenger, a brutal loss to the big teams became the norm and was accepted by the players and fans as if it were normal.

No excuses. If I see a poor showing from the team and manager, I'll have to revise my opinion on Emery as manager. I don't expect us to get rolled over and think we'll put up a good fight.

Lol

One match would change your opinion on the manager after half a season in charge

It's a shame you didn't hold Wenger to the same standards 8 - 10 years ago
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:55 pm

2-0 or 3-1 Liverpool

Just being realistic.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:23 pm

UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:I'm not expecting or accepting a piss poor performance and hammering just because we're playing Liverpool and have injuries.

The team have to show up and Emery has to whip them into shape. Under Wenger, a brutal loss to the big teams became the norm and was accepted by the players and fans as if it were normal.

No excuses. If I see a poor showing from the team and manager, I'll have to revise my opinion on Emery as manager. I don't expect us to get rolled over and think we'll put up a good fight.

Lol

One match would change your opinion on the manager after half a season in charge

Mate, you would have know idea what my position on Wenger was 8-10 years ago because I've only just joined this forum. Pipe down.

Also, look up the definition of 'revise'. You'd have to know what my original position on Emery was before you can understand what I mean when I say I've revised it. Also note the fact that I'm not accepting a piss poor showing where we get hammered. Top managers shouldn't get hammered in important games like this. Why should it be accepted?

This is not just one match either. I've looked at Emery's record across his career in Spain and France. It's sketchy and he doesn't beat the top teams and top managers that often. Despite that, I was convinced he could become a top manager and I want him to not just be better than Wenger's latter years at Arsenal but better than all of the rival managers across Europe as well. Klopp is one of the few top managers he has never lost to. Saying that, he has only faced a Klopp twice in his career I believe. This will be his third. My hope is he doesn't buckle under the pressure.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Lol

Mate, you would have know idea what my position on Wenger was 8-10 years ago because I've only just joined this forum. Pipe down.

Also, look up the definition of 'revise'. You'd have to know what my original position on Emery was before you can understand what I mean when I say I've revised it. Also note the fact that I'm not accepting a piss poor showing where we get hammered. Top managers shouldn't get hammered in important games like this. Why should it be accepted?

This is not just one match either. I've looked at Emery's record across his career in Spain and France. It's sketchy and he doesn't beat the top teams and top managers that often. Despite that, I was convinced he could become a top manager and I want him to not just be better than Wenger's latter years at Arsenal but better than all of the rival managers across Europe as well. Klopp is one of the few top managers he has never lost to. Saying that, he has only faced a Klopp twice in his career I believe. This will be his third. My hope is he doesn't buckle under the pressure.

Jesus

Am I the only one who remembers that we played them a couple of months back and matched them?

It's like people are playing a game of "who can lose their shit first"
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Cannoner » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Can we play Bould in defence?
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 pm

UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Lol

Jesus

Am I the only one who remembers that we played them a couple of months back and matched them?

i also remember us basically having our first choice defence back then too

theyve been unbeaten at home for 30 games now too
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:50 pm

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Lol

Jesus

What is my username? Not the initials, the full name?

They were pretty fuckin unbeatable back then as well
Last edited by UFGN on Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UFGN

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:51 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Lol

Jesus

yep nothing better to cling onto than something that happened almost 30 years ago
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Lol

Jesus

yep nothing better to cling onto than something that happened almost 30 years ago

It's been longer than that since they last won the title.... because of us

I'm going to this match and I can't fuckin wait

UFGN

Postby Sims » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:55 pm

UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Sims wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Lol

Jesus

It's been longer than that since they last won the title.... because of us

I'm going to this match and I can't fuckin wait

i need to somehow get some away tickets liverpool is a class night out
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm

So is Newcastle

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19