26/12/18 | Brighton 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 26/12/18 | Brighton vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby gamechannel » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:24 pm

indy23 wrote:
gamechannel wrote:
Cannoner wrote:
gamechannel wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Gooner_LK6 wrote:All ozils fault right? Emery is just disappointing.

What is more shocking is taking both Ozil and Laca out. Basically taking our creating chances away with those two players gone.

And it showed. We created nothing in the second half.

You have to play to your strength and Emery is himself neutralizing us.

Classic over management. The kind of shot that will turn the dressing room against Emery

No it won't. It might annoy little pansy Ozil but he's useless, so who cares.

Ozil? How about Laca? Emery will wear his welcome out. Just watch. And you can defend this biased c*** all you want. He will fall out with more players like he did at PSG. Dude is a poor man manager.

Won the treble in that so called easy league where our hero Henry can't even find a point.

What is with you and finding faults in other managers to defend Emery?? Just cuz other managers are shit you expect us to overlook Emery's fault? Such sound logic!

He won the treble with a loaded team in a one team league. Boo f***ing hoo. And even then he got booted out of PSG cuz the players were tired of his shenanigans.

As for Henry, don't give a shit about him as a manager. Never wanted him. And he is managing a completely gutted Monaco team. He won't win jack with that lot.
Last edited by gamechannel on Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:25 pm

look all the negative nancies.......few weeks ago everything was great despite pretty much playing same unimpressive football and riding our luck. Now the luck has dried out which it was bound to you all sound like me. Atleast I have been consistent in not rating this manager and his treatment of laca means he deserved to be removed now. Having said that I was laughing so much during that second half....brough in bunch of technically retarded players expected them to break down brighton. When AMN who is so bad is your hope, a guy who has maybe had 1 good game in his senior career then you know you are fecked. I am actually glad we didnt win, I would hate that spanish c*** to get away with a win after his management today. Sack him today
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:26 pm

gooney wrote:look all the negative nancies.......few weeks ago everything was great despite pretty much playing same unimpressive football and riding our luck. Now the luck has dried out which it was bound to you all sound like me. Atleast I have been consistent in not rating this manager and his treatment of laca means he deserved to be removed now. Having said that I was laughing so much during that second half....brough in bunch of technically retarded players expected them to break down brighton. When AMN who is so bad is your hope, a guy who has maybe had 1 good game in his senior career then you know you are fecked. I am actually glad we didnt win, I would hate that spanish c*** to get away with a win after his management today. Sack him today

Could be worse

Could have your beloved Wenger in charge
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm

gamechannel wrote:
indy23 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I just don't see what Emery has done to improve us defensively. That at least has been in his hands. Brighton look like they will have a shot on goal with every attack.

What exactly can he do? Mustafi-Sokratis look as solid as we ever have under Wenger in the last 5 years. Lich and Xhaka are not CB's. He's doing what he can with shit.

Wenger left us with a terrible squad

Teams with worse players than us defend better than us!! New manager at Southampton, all of a sudden they look solid. We look clueless defensively, its not the players it is shit coaching

Yeah ? The 3 f***ing games he's been in charge are u for real man? What about the 20 odd games where, what's that we didnt f***ing lose? People goldfishing around here. I say thank God we didn't end up with Henry or arteta inexperienced manager with this broken squad would be a horror show. How come Pepe and klopp get 3 windows and 300 million before they get judged? But we are giving emery one summer 3 months with arsene wengers losers and can just judge him based on that?

Remember we made 5 signings emery has 4 out of those 5 players playing well. Not bad. His whole offense is predicated from wing and wing back overlap. We don't have wingers. Absolutely no reason why we as a billion dollar team cannot spend. If we don't don't financially support our manager wtf is the point ?

If the team releases some bullshit document to their media yes men showing why we can only spend x amount of dollars that means your being played. We have no risk of being Leeds that's all bullshit.

We changed the power structure in the team and hopefully half the new people in charge are actual football people and see we are lacking some real players.

That 22 run game was just a lucky streak.

We fell behind in the first half in most of those games.
We leaked stupid goals in most of those games.
We scored quite a few late goals in those games.
We packed creativity in most of those games.
The opposition missed a lot of chances in those games.

That streak is not really a very strong argument for Emery's inability to build a good defence.

Uh what? Lol we beat Spurs in that run. People want man city or pool level performances with iwobi level players. Good luck. But anyone who thinks not losing a game for 22 games is luck doesn't realize how difficult it is to win games. Ffs Brighton won't have 22 wins in two years.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Roycck » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 pm

This game is all Emery’s fault. Poor subs, poor tactics.

The only saving grace Emery have is he don’t have a first team back 4. Lich is horrible and his fault led to 2 points dropped.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby weaponx57 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm

We miss out on great managers because Kroenke is f***ing American c*** plain and simple...while he is owner we will never ever ever win the league guaranteed. And now he owns 100% of the club....expect him to milk the living shit out of it so he can support his teams in the USA who play sports which are meant for retards.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby indy23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:
indy23 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Its not about wanting a different manager, don't get it twisted. Fact is he has done f**k all to improve our defending.

We have donkeys on defense not sure why I am saying this a 100 times.

So then improve the defending as a unit. If worse mangers with worse players can do it why can't Emery do it at Arsenal

Tbf he made mustafi and holding who are f**k avg look solid. Haven't been the same since they got destroyed.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Why did he take off laca and ozil if we needed a goal?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:30 pm

weaponx57 wrote:We miss out on great managers because Kroenke is f***ing American c*** plain and simple...while he is owner we will never ever ever win the league guaranteed. And now he owns 100% of the club....expect him to milk the living shit out of it so he can support his teams in the USA who play sports which are meant for retards.

Only two managers we missed out on was pep and klopp. That's it. Enrique is shit and Allegri isn't leaving Juventus to join a budget top 6 team.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:31 pm

mismanagement and arrogant fans led to liverpool not winning a league well over 20 years. We need the same. Our club simply needs humbling and our fans more than anyone. The arrogance I was seeing in that lucky run was too much
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby indy23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Why did he take off laca and ozil if we needed a goal?

Laca sub made no sense man. He got it wrong. Ozil well just watch that first half.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby indy23 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm

gooney wrote:mismanagement and arrogant fans led to liverpool not winning a league well over 20 years. We need the same. Our club simply needs humbling and our fans more than anyone. The arrogance I was seeing in that lucky run was too much

U asking for 20 years of shit? Well we had a solid 10 under Wenger. By your logic in 10 we will be back at top.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:36 pm

indy23 wrote:
gooney wrote:mismanagement and arrogant fans led to liverpool not winning a league well over 20 years. We need the same. Our club simply needs humbling and our fans more than anyone. The arrogance I was seeing in that lucky run was too much

U asking for 20 years of shit? Well we had a solid 10 under Wenger. By your logic in 10 we will be back at top.

we didnt have 10 years of sh1t....we had 3 years of sh1t with him with no CL I am talking about 20 years like the last 2-3 years
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Ach wrote:
gooney wrote:look all the negative nancies.......few weeks ago everything was great despite pretty much playing same unimpressive football and riding our luck. Now the luck has dried out which it was bound to you all sound like me. Atleast I have been consistent in not rating this manager and his treatment of laca means he deserved to be removed now. Having said that I was laughing so much during that second half....brough in bunch of technically retarded players expected them to break down brighton. When AMN who is so bad is your hope, a guy who has maybe had 1 good game in his senior career then you know you are fecked. I am actually glad we didnt win, I would hate that spanish c*** to get away with a win after his management today. Sack him today

Could be worse

Could have your beloved Wenger in charge

God forbid. :shock:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby BrunelGooner » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Rubbish team selection, rubbish tactics, rubbish substitutions, rubbish performance, rubbish result.

Totally embarrassing all round.

There was no urgency, no speed and no intensity to our game.

I get we have an injury crisis right now, but for f**k's sake, at least field a side that is sensible.

Starting a 34 year old Lichsteiner, who provided no width or overlapping runs at all, against a Brighton side with tricky, pacy wingers is a joke. He was exposed constantly, yet Emery kept him on and took Koscielny, who looked comfortable for most of the game, off? Why revert to a back 4 when Kolasinac is ineffective there? His skills as a wingback are curbed in that formation and given that we lacked width as it was, it just made us even less effective. We didn't stretch them at all.

Why was Torreira playing so high up the field when we needed him to be the midfield general? What was Guendouzi supposed to be? Why take Ozil off at half-time when we need creativity? Why take Lacazette off when we are searching for a goal with 30 minutes to go? Why was Xhaka collecting the ball so deep and trying to dictate play from a deep position when we know that's not what he's good at?

Games like today really make me realise just how long we have to go before being a top side again. We are MILES behind Liverpool, Spurs and City.

We didn't control the game at all and Brighton should have won.

I don't want to sound too reactionary. But my patience with Emery is beginning to wear thin.

This result is no better than a loss.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19