22/12/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Burnley | Premier League

Re: 22/12/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:A downgrade on stikers we had 10 years ago in our golden age.

Name me a striker we can get that's not you peasant, what sort of reasoning is that!!?

He's not better than Henry / RVP etc ............ are you fkin lifted in your head mate?

That just maybe the most stupid sh*t you've ever said, especially since we've just come of 5 years with Giroud who's only scored 1 prem goal for Chelsea this season!

1 fkin goal and you dare mention his name in the same sentence as the Prems top goal scorer???

Take the day off, no in fact don't come back till 2019.

Actually, we have just recently 'come off' Alexis. Auba is a big downgrade on him.
In fact Auba is the second worst main striker we have had for over 20 years. Just because Wenger decimated the club over the last decade there is no need to settle for sub standard players. We are not getting back to being realistic challengers with players like Aubamayang as our star striker That's a fact.
Like I said - better goalscorer than Giroud. Great.
Merry Christmas.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Nice solid win against a tough team
Barnes should have seen a red for the knee against Guendouzi
We're still conceding soft goals
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Sims wrote:Not rating Auba is one of the craziest things ive ever heard

Very good goalscorer...average footballer. That was his rep in Germany and nothing changef
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:07 pm

WTF AM I READING HERE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooney » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Interest: waning wrote:WTF AM I READING HERE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I thought it was common knowledge
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:12 pm

To be fair its hard to argue that point, he has a great goal scoring record but he is pretty poor un the other parts of the game.

I think average footballer, very good goal scorer is a very accurate summation.

He looks like he couldn't control the ball for another 90 mins if we played on - he was that bad when the ball came to him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Aubameyang has hit top scorer in the league despite being serviced by iwobi and mkhi for a lot of those games or he's been out of position on the wing.

You expect him to play some outstanding hold up play vs Burnley who spent the first 20 mins time wasting and the other 70 mins kicking shit out of us.

This from people that were crying when we had a good link up striker that didn't score goals regularly.

This isn't just everyday trolling, you man really do want a reaction from people so I understand why you persist with this nonsense.

Exactly who did you guys want over him anyway? I know Jayram wanted nketiah to play these games ahead of auba, but what about 5he rest of you?

Smh
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Tbf, I said I wanted more from him as well. He is very good at scoring, but he also misses quite a few. The problem is, the games where he doesn’t score, he offers next to nothing. Today I did think he contributed more with pressing and pushing the tempo at least. If he keeps that up I’m fine with him. Also had some nice ball work in there.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Roycck » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 pm

I know why peeps here are not rating Auba. They are expecting Auba to be like Henry. Run, take on defenders, zig zag, score.

He is a different type of striker. As long as he scores, i dont care how shytty he plays overall.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LegendaryKeown » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Auba's shit, just scored the two goals.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Some drama queens here.

Firstly its not just against Burnley that his hold up play had been shite.

Secondly Giroud's hold up play was shit too, he would fall on the floor more than staying on his feet.

I expect more from Auba, his basic hold up play is terrible. He needs to keep banging in the goals because he offers nothing else. Rather have him over Giroud any day of the week.

He seems to link up well with Laca, I think we need to tap into thisand get more out of it.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Zedie wrote:Aubameyang has hit top scorer in the league despite being serviced by iwobi and mkhi for a lot of those games or he's been out of position on the wing.

You expect him to play some outstanding hold up play vs Burnley who spent the first 20 mins time wasting and the other 70 mins kicking shit out of us.

This from people that were crying when we had a good link up striker that didn't score goals regularly.

This isn't just everyday trolling, you man really do want a reaction from people so I understand why you persist with this nonsense.

Exactly who did you guys want over him anyway? I know Jayram wanted nketiah to play these games ahead of auba, but what about 5he rest of you?

Smh

When you consider criticism of a player as trolling, it's you who have the problem.
Auba does score goals. He is not prolific, but he will score more than a player like Giroud, no doubt.
He'll even score as many as the level of strikers just below world class, but his overall game is just not very good. That is a statement made on solid ground having actually witnessed his all round game over a year at Arsenal.

I will maintain he is one of the worst 'star' strikers we have had at the club for over two decades. We are simply not going to challenge the likes of City and Liverpool unless we get better players. Is that possible? Who knows, but in the meantime, let's not pretend our players are better than they are.

I do not know how long you have followed Arsenal, but those that have been following the club for a LONG time know that our current crop of players are well below the standard it will take to put Arsenal on the top of the pile. There are a few gems, or potential gems, in there. Auba is not one of them. He's an aging footballer who never made it to the very top of the game - and it is obvious why when you watch him play.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:51 pm

how is he not prolific?

he has scored the most goals in england since his arrival
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Sims wrote:how is he not prolific?

he has scored the most goals in england since his arrival

His goals come in bunches. The two today were his first goals in 5 matches. In 23 games this season for us, I belive he has scored in 10 of them.
I think he has scored in 8 of his 18 PL games.
Not my definition of prolific.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Re: 22/12/18 | Arsenal vs Burnley | Premier League

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 pm

ag6789 wrote:Importance of Ozil is clear and distinct. Emery must find a way to get him to fire regularly. Coax, cajole, whatever is needed, Arsenal needs him immensely, if we need to get any success this season. Only worldclass player we have.

Nah. These are the kind of games to use him.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19