22/12/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Burnley | Premier League

Re: 22/12/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:40 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:Is it just me or has Dyche turned into a proper whining, moaning t***er this season? No coincidence that he's been moaning about decisions more because his team are doing absolutely shite this season.

He claims that there were 3 instances of our players diving, then when pressed on who those players were, wouldn't give an answer. Then he says that Sokratis should have been booked for apparently 'elbowing' Barnes just before Barnes put him in a headlock. There was no evidence of this at all. Then he says he 'didn't see' Barnes stamping on Guendouzi when it was right in front of him.

God, I can't wait for Burnley to go down. Bunch of twats who don't know how to play attacking football and this mentality all stems from their dour manager.

No, he has always been a moaner! Hope they get relegated, with their Philistine football!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Santi I was at the game too, what game were you watching???

We had no game plan by the look of it. Burnley looked like they woukd score during every attack, we looked flat and slow paced, we d*cked about with the ball a lot and went backwards to our half how many times - from advanced positions. We were relatively comfortable in the first half admittedly but the second half we were terrible.

And Aubameyang was dreadful today apart from his goals, absolutely dreadful.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:Santi I was at the game too, what game were you watching???

We had no game plan by the look of it. Burnley looked like they woukd score during every attack, we looked flat and slow paced, we d*cked about with the ball a lot and went backwards to our half how many times - from advanced positions. We were relatively comfortable in the first half admittedly but the second half we were terrible.

That's not how it looked on TV mate.

Burnley didn't get clear chances at all, even when we went 2-1 the first thing I posted was "Not worried".

If anything when AOL warmed up in the 2nd half it was Burnley getting it put on them, Kola's crosses etc had them on the brink.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Cannoner wrote:
Roycck wrote:I know why peeps here are not rating Auba. They are expecting Auba to be like Henry. Run, take on defenders, zig zag, score.

He is a different type of striker. As long as he scores, i dont care how shytty he plays overall.

Football in general has changed. You don't get strikers like Henry anymore that takes 2 defenders on then shoots and scores. Even the dribblers like Ronaldo and Messi are becoming ancient. Nowadays it's all about get the ball, pass and move.... you have runners on either shoulder and as soon as you get the ball it's about looking up to lay it off and penetrate teams that way.

Mbappe says hello

In fairness to you I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Players like Henry were pretty rare so in that respect nothing has changed, you don't have many "Henrys" playing at the same time. The real Ronaldo was another, pace, skill, power and lethal finishing. Mbappe looks likely to take up the mantle.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:54 pm

DG, when they attacked it may not have lead to a shot on goal but we were at 6s and 7s defensively and all over the shop, they carved us apart ecery time they attacked, winning the first and second balls.

Sokratis was the only defender to win his duels and when he got carded he was noticably more reluctant to put in challenges. Their goal was a pathetic joke!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:55 pm

NJ_Gunner wrote:Aubameyang is top goal scorer in the league and people think we need a new striker lmaooooo that is honestly so stupid I’m laughing. I feel like a lot of the Giroud complainers just enjoy complaining about strikers so now that he’s gone I guess it’s time to criticize Auba on a day he had 2 goals...

This is what Wenger has bred. A bunch of negative, pessimistic fans.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Cannoner wrote:
Roycck wrote:I know why peeps here are not rating Auba. They are expecting Auba to be like Henry. Run, take on defenders, zig zag, score.

He is a different type of striker. As long as he scores, i dont care how shytty he plays overall.

Football in general has changed. You don't get strikers like Henry anymore that takes 2 defenders on then shoots and scores. Even the dribblers like Ronaldo and Messi are becoming ancient. Nowadays it's all about get the ball, pass and move.... you have runners on either shoulder and as soon as you get the ball it's about looking up to lay it off and penetrate teams that way.

Mbappe says hello

In fairness to you I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Players like Henry were pretty rare so in that respect nothing has changed, you don't have many "Henrys" playing at the same time. The real Ronaldo was another, pace, skill, power and lethal finishing. Mbappe looks likely to take up the mantle.

You know what I mean though. There's less dribblers and less direct players. The culture and tactics have changed.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:03 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Santi I was at the game too, what game were you watching???

That's not how it looked on TV mate.

Burnley didn't get clear chances at all, even when we went 2-1 the first thing I posted was "Not worried".

If anything when AOL warmed up in the 2nd half it was Burnley getting it put on them, Kola's crosses etc had them on the brink.

Yeah really not sure where that came from tbh, there were a few slow passes and a lot of going back from the edge of the box instead of crossing but in general we played well and Burnley were just playing hoof ball and knocking it out of play half the time. They had a couple of dangerous breaks but their whole game was hoof and foul.

Dunno what auba was bad at either, dude was pressing everywhere and way more involved in the build up than usual and looked good to me. Thought today was one of our better games and one of the most comfortable victories we’ve had, barring that 10-15 min spell I mentioned.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:04 pm

theHotHead wrote:DG, when they attacked it may not have lead to a shot on goal but we were at 6s and 7s defensively and all over the shop, they carved us apart ecery time they attacked, winning the first and second balls.

Sokratis was the only defender to win his duels and when he got carded he was noticably more reluctant to put in challenges. Their goal was a pathetic joke!

Their goal was lucky man it happens, balls bouncing around in the box hitting Torreira and falls right to their striker..it looks bad but this can happen anywhere at any level, just one of those things. We were unbelievably comfortable prior to that.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:30 pm

We were absolutely cruising in the first half, I was surprised at Burnley, thought they would be up and at us but they stood off and gave us a lot of time and space.

Was nobody else bricking it every time they attacked though?
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Dyche not happy with the refs performance

Haven't seen anything bar the first goal.

Some pubber was elbowed apparently.

Were we lucky?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Ach wrote:Dyche not happy with the refs performance

Were we lucky?

No. They should've had a red card. He's just being a c***
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:42 pm

They should have had 2 2nd yellows.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zedie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:00 pm

Jedi wrote:
Ach wrote:Dyche not happy with the refs performance

Were we lucky?

No. They should've had a red card. He's just being a c***

'Elbowed'

Barnes jumped on sokratis back, held on while falling, sokratis put his arms out as is natural when falling with some t**t on your back ( to break your fall), elbow/arm landed by the throat.

Barnes continued to hold sokratis down, sokratis aggressively trying to shrug him off.

It was a perfect encapsulation of the sort of bully boy stoke tactics that they were employing at 2-0 down.

Xhaka got massively taken out when collecting a high ball too. Their player looked twice to check where he was and absolutely piled into xhaka while he was jumping straight up to cushion the ball.

Guendouzi had his ankles folded 3-4 times with late challenges.

The penalty they were claiming was comical. There were defo hands on their players back, but the way he fell down begging was reminiscent of that time van gaal took a theatrical tumble on the sidelines to take the piss out of diving against man u a few season back.

It was absolutely shameful from a self proclaimed tough as nails team.

They're crying like bitches over nothing. They deserved nothing.

c****.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:01 pm

They turned up to try and bully us but met their match this season.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19