22/12/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Burnley | Premier League

Re: 22/12/18 | Arsenal 3-1 Burnley | Premier League

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Sims wrote:Our “average goalscorer” is top of the scoring charts lmao

No one is really banging in the goals this year.
The scoring rate is nothing special and his missed chances - a lot of them - have cost us points.

By this stage last season Harry Kane had scored 12 goals in the league. Auba has the same.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:05 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:A downgrade on stikers we had 10 years ago in our golden age.

Name me a striker we can get that's not you peasant, what sort of reasoning is that!!?

He's not better than Henry / RVP etc ............ are you fkin lifted in your head mate?

That just maybe the most stupid sh*t you've ever said, especially since we've just come of 5 years with Giroud who's only scored 1 prem goal for Chelsea this season!

1 fkin goal and you dare mention his name in the same sentence as the Prems top goal scorer???

Take the day off, no in fact don't come back till 2019.

Actually, we have just recently 'come off' Alexis. Auba is a big downgrade on him.
In fact Auba is the second worst main striker we have had for over 20 years. Just because Wenger decimated the club over the last decade there is no need to settle for sub standard players. We are not getting back to being realistic challengers with players like Aubamayang as our star striker That's a fact.
Like I said - better goalscorer than Giroud. Great.
Merry Christmas.

You are definitely a Spurs fan. Jog on pal.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:05 pm

auba is averaging a goal every 116 mins this season

aguero (back in 2016, dunno what his ratio is now) had the best of all time with one every 106 mins
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby StockGooner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Auba is not a good footballer. In that respect, Lacazette is far above and beyond him. He can hold up, seems stronger and can actually play in other players.

However, you cannot argue that Auba gets chances by being in the spaces other places cannot get themselves into due to awareness, desire, pace or a combination of all three. Would I have rather have Auba or Laca.... Mute question because both bring something different and can complement each other, not get in each others way which was my fear when we signed Auba.

Edit; I also meant to say that what Auba is, is a good goalscorer even if he does miss chances. Andy Cole missed sitters galore, but still a great Premier League striker with a great record.
Last edited by StockGooner on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cannoner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Roycck wrote:I know why peeps here are not rating Auba. They are expecting Auba to be like Henry. Run, take on defenders, zig zag, score.

He is a different type of striker. As long as he scores, i dont care how shytty he plays overall.

Football in general has changed. You don't get strikers like Henry anymore that takes 2 defenders on then shoots and scores. Even the dribblers like Ronaldo and Messi are becoming ancient. Nowadays it's all about get the ball, pass and move.... you have runners on either shoulder and as soon as you get the ball it's about looking up to lay it off and penetrate teams that way.
A new era.
Cannoner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Cannoner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:A downgrade on stikers we had 10 years ago in our golden age.

Name me a striker we can get that's not you peasant, what sort of reasoning is that!!?

He's not better than Henry / RVP etc ............ are you fkin lifted in your head mate?

That just maybe the most stupid sh*t you've ever said, especially since we've just come of 5 years with Giroud who's only scored 1 prem goal for Chelsea this season!

1 fkin goal and you dare mention his name in the same sentence as the Prems top goal scorer???

Actually, we have just recently 'come off' Alexis. Auba is a big downgrade on him.
In fact Auba is the second worst main striker we have had for over 20 years. Just because Wenger decimated the club over the last decade there is no need to settle for sub standard players. We are not getting back to being realistic challengers with players like Aubamayang as our star striker That's a fact.
Merry Christmas.

:rolleyes:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby BrunelGooner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Is it just me or has Dyche turned into a proper whining, moaning t***er this season? No coincidence that he's been moaning about decisions more because his team are doing absolutely shite this season.

He claims that there were 3 instances of our players diving, then when pressed on who those players were, wouldn't give an answer. Then he says that Sokratis should have been booked for apparently 'elbowing' Barnes just before Barnes put him in a headlock. There was no evidence of this at all. Then he says he 'didn't see' Barnes stamping on Guendouzi when it was right in front of him.

God, I can't wait for Burnley to go down. Bunch of twats who don't know how to play attacking football and this mentality all stems from their dour manager.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Jedi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:30 pm

So to be a good striker you need to score more or less every game, have an insane goal output, be able to dribble past opponents, pass the ball, help the midfield... Basically you need to be Messi.

I'm tired of people acting like your striker scoring constantly is a good thing. He doesn't even offer us the defensive capabilities of a Welbeck. I'd have taken a 1-1 draw today if i knew we had someone who could be hold up the ball better.

Seriously, though, people who criticize Aubameyang after winning us the game need a good slap
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:14 pm

For those of you who watched on tv, I’m curious if it was as bad as it looked and felt in the ground but how the f**k was Barnes not sent off? Thought he should’ve had about 3 reds and somehow escaped with just 1 yellow :dontknow:

Quality game though, little sloppy for 15 mins after they scored but we did good. Auba worked his ass off up top, shame he couldn’t get the third, but Papa was my motm...absolutely unreal at the back, all over the place killing their big forwards.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Cannoner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Merry Christmas.

:rolleyes:

My god what the phuck are you on? I’ve been highly critical of Auba’s overall game lately but he’s just won us the game and was the second best player on the pitch today, not just scoring but contributing well all game and linking up much better than usual.

Give it a rest for once, you can’t just criticise over and over and ignore when someone you don’t like does well ffs
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Roycck » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:28 pm

BrunelGooner wrote:Is it just me or has Dyche turned into a proper whining, moaning t***er this season? No coincidence that he's been moaning about decisions more because his team are doing absolutely shite this season.

He claims that there were 3 instances of our players diving, then when pressed on who those players were, wouldn't give an answer. Then he says that Sokratis should have been booked for apparently 'elbowing' Barnes just before Barnes put him in a headlock. There was no evidence of this at all. Then he says he 'didn't see' Barnes stamping on Guendouzi when it was right in front of him.

God, I can't wait for Burnley to go down. Bunch of twats who don't know how to play attacking football and this mentality all stems from their dour manager.

Dyche is a sore loser.

The referee is abysmal as well. Barnes should have been off for that tackle.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:30 pm

Roycck wrote:
BrunelGooner wrote:Is it just me or has Dyche turned into a proper whining, moaning t***er this season? No coincidence that he's been moaning about decisions more because his team are doing absolutely shite this season.

Dyche is a sore loser.

The referee is abysmal as well. Barnes should have been off for that tackle.

Barnes should ave definitely been sent off... he played like a thug. Talentless too.
I am sure he just the kind of player Dyche likes.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:41 pm

jayram is excellent at crticizing the top scorer in the league otherwise he is absolute SHITE. not funny. not articulate. no salient observational skills.

we need to get rid of him and find a new poster.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Those of you complaining about Auba, ask Man U fans how much they paid for Lukaku and if they would want to swap.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Aubameyang is top goal scorer in the league and people think we need a new striker lmaooooo that is honestly so stupid I’m laughing. I feel like a lot of the Giroud complainers just enjoy complaining about strikers so now that he’s gone I guess it’s time to criticize Auba on a day he had 2 goals...
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19