03/11/18 | Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool | Premier League

Re: 03/11/18 | Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool | Premier League

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:Hindsight is a great thing. How many of you were not shitting yourself that we could concede a few today !!

And that is EXACTLY the point, the fact we didn't is neither here or there. Our defending is shit an we got lucky.

But the fact is, WE DIDN'T LOSE which ultimately is all I give a shit about.

Tbh I think we all knew Liverpool could put a few past us and our defence is shit but when it comes to speaking out in the media I think an Arsenal legend like Merson shouldve given us some motivating and positive words leading up to the game especially because we have a new manager as well. If we were doing absolutely shite in all our games and out of the top 4 by a mile then it would be warranted imo.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Santi wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Excellent result.

Non-Arsenal fans were waiting for this match for us to get destroyed so that they could discredit our winning streak.

Mcmanaman had to put his cock back in his trousers live on air.

A lot of questions answered for everyone. I said I'd judge this team after this game and if we can build on this performance right here, we will be fine this season.

Come so far even from last week, nevermind from chelsea/city.

Just hope they didn’t up their games just for this cos the defence and playing the ball from the back was amazing against the best pressing team

Defo. We looked like a team who had been doing it for years. That's the thing that most impressed me tbh.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:39 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Unai s subs were really poor. Got a real worry he’s going to alienate Auba tbh.

Wtf are you on about, Welbeck, Laca two up top is what got Laca free.

Welbeck also was fresh and running the game down for us, Iwobi ....... the other sub helped get us that goal.

In fact what a stupid thing to say, should he of taken off Laca instead? the guy that actually scored??

Someone has to come off, that's how a squad works.

You’re chasing a goal and you take our best goal scorer off. Iwobi for Miki was the right change. After that the balance was fine. Auba in those last 10 mins would have been killer in behind. There’s no law that says you have to use all your subs.

Ramsey for Auba was stupid I agree, killed our flow for 10 mins
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:40 pm

Zedie wrote:
Santi wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Non-Arsenal fans were waiting for this match for us to get destroyed so that they could discredit our winning streak.

A lot of questions answered for everyone. I said I'd judge this team after this game and if we can build on this performance right here, we will be fine this season.

Just hope they didn’t up their games just for this cos the defence and playing the ball from the back was amazing against the best pressing team

Defo. We looked like a team who had been doing it for years. That's the thing that most impressed me tbh.

Yeah me too which is why I’m both a little worried and genuinely well excited at the same time. Torreira was the hidden gem, he’s always available for the ball and makes it so much easier to play out.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:40 pm

wtf, giving holding stick?

we had 60 plus possession too...

we were at times ragged at the back, but overall the D was passable at least.

ya wanna make alotta of an OS goal not given, thats yours to own. we had one too but it gets lost in the Pool arse licking announcers studio. a post hit off a ball that wentg off bothe the teams heads at teh same time? holding was defo a plus player tpday. and mustafi didnt have his usual brain dead moments and actually stepped up like he used to in spain to cut off passes on the edge of the D third ogf the pitch.
Last edited by Losmeister on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Redix wrote:
gooney wrote:The two cb and 2 cm were great. Specially torreira and mustafi. Overall very good performance. We actually played nice football today

Agreed 100% with this guy.

Finally someone on this weird place who's positive instead of whining all the time

You talk about positivity but previously posted that Holding is mediocre in this thread.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm

gooney wrote:The two cb and 2 cm were great. Specially torreira and mustafi. Overall very good performance. We actually played nice football today

I mean when this fucknugget makes a positive post about our style then you know it was good ;)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Torreira played very well today agreed. Only thing that worried me was our inability to deal with diagonal and balls over the top.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:42 pm

also... unais energy is refreshing.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:44 pm

btw, mates, i love posting in the game thread when watchinig with you gooners.
i just have to be careful cos being halfway across the world... my feed, even if on network TV is off by at least 20-30 seconds...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Santi wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Santi wrote:
Zedie wrote:

Yeah me too which is why I’m both a little worried and genuinely well excited at the same time. Torreira was the hidden gem, he’s always available for the ball and makes it so much easier to play out.

On top of that, the cover he provides for xhaka has actually made xhaka look more like the player we were promised.

I'm watching xhaka now and really warming to him which is nuts because August/September my heart was broken when we signed him up.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Redix » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:
Redix wrote:

Agreed 100% with this guy.

Finally someone on this weird place who's positive instead of whining all the time

You talk about positivity but previously posted that Holding is mediocre in this thread.

Some one stupid said he was world class. He's not
Redix
Patrick Vieira

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Nobody said that GA, fail trolling
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Gooner_LK6 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Hindsight is a great thing. How many of you were not shitting yourself that we could concede a few today !!

And that is EXACTLY the point, the fact we didn't is neither here or there. Our defending is shit an we got lucky.

But the fact is, WE DIDN'T LOSE which ultimately is all I give a shit about.

Tbh I think we all knew Liverpool could put a few past us and our defence is shit but when it comes to speaking out in the media I think an Arsenal legend like Merson shouldve given us some motivating and positive words leading up to the game especially because we have a new manager as well. If we were doing absolutely shite in all our games and out of the top 4 by a mile then it would be warranted imo.

Yeah fair point !! Because ultimately, even though the defending has been poor we have been winning games so Merse could've shown more support. I agree.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, mates, i love posting in the game thread when watchinig with you gooners.
i just have to be careful cos being halfway across the world... my feed, even if on network TV is off by at least 20-30 seconds...

That must be a pain in the ass lol
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19