Well done mate. Have a cookie.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Re: 28/10/18 | Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal | Permier League

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Fenice wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:How people are abdicating the manager for the tachtical change he himself made, is odd.

Because if you were a manager and your team blind sided you with two penalties particularly that last one to make you lose the game and no goals came from open play, you'd feel hard done by as well.

No you’d say I invited pressure, this is partially on me. Why everyone is acting as if I’m not blaming the players as well is silly. That somehow this is 0 fault by Emery is just as.
Except the pen came from a counter attack?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Re: 28/10/18 | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Permier League

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Angelito wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Tubbs wrote:I can only see us winning our 12th straight win.

From the first page.

The real reason we lost.

Get him...

:rofll:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Fenice » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Zedie wrote:
Fenice wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Fenice wrote:How people are abdicating the manager for the tachtical change he himself made, is odd.

Because if you were a manager and your team blind sided you with two penalties particularly that last one to make you lose the game and no goals came from open play, you'd feel hard done by as well.

No you’d say I invited pressure, this is partially on me. Why everyone is acting as if I’m not blaming the players as well is silly. That somehow this is 0 fault by Emery is just as.

So what should he have done instead?

Play it out longer and see how it goes. They were looking dangerous but also had terrible aim. I would have given another 10 minutes, and not pulled off your only weapon for unlocking defenses. A minute after we scored I turned to my girlfriend and said we needed another. We all felt that.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Fenice wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Except the pen came from a counter attack?

Because there was 0 control in the midfield, or anywhere else, of the ball itself.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Zedie wrote:
Fenice wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

So what should he have done instead?

I would have taken Iwobi our who was having a disaster of a game and put Mkhi in and then put then pressure on them on attack, for a start.

IMO, penalties was the only way they were going to score and by negating our attack, and inviting attack, you increase the chances of them getting a penalty call. Especially knowing full well we have Xhaka playing on the left and our defending is suspect.

To play that kind of defense and invite pressure, you have to be a very disciplined team and we are anything but disciplined at back. I get nervous anytime the ball is in our third of the pitch.

Our greatest strength and our defense is actually our attack. The way Liverpool played before they solidified their defense.

Emery gambled and he lost.

I just dont like the mathematical probabilities of what he tried to pull and I called it when he did it.
Last edited by Mike Dean on Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fenice » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Ok guess the manager can do no wrong. I’ll be sure to make an alter tonight. Cheers all.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Fenice wrote:Ok guess the manager can do no wrong. I’ll be sure to make an alter tonight. Cheers all.
Yes because everyone is saying that
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mess » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Fenice wrote:Ok guess the manager can do no wrong. I’ll be sure to make an alter tonight. Cheers all.

LOL! What are you 2 on about? Yes, he do can wrong and he arguably did do wrong today. He did get some things wrong even during our 11 wins streak. And here's a shocker: He'll get some more things wrong moving forward.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 pm

A draw was a fair result, we were really not at the races today. We did not create enough clear cut chances, never made their keeper work. we are still unbeaten after our first two games so it is not the end of the world. I do not get takiing ozil off for wellbeck, should of been Ramsey coming on earlier.
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby elber » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Not that disappointed by the result. Disgusted by the performance and the usual unforced errors from the players and the manner in which we gave the goals away.

Lacazette, Mustafi and Xhaka have cost us the three points.

Laca missed a sitter to settle us down in the first half. Xhaka played a simple pass out for a throw in which lead up to the first pen after Mustafi dived in like the headless chicken that he is. As for their second pen, my goodness, Laca plays another hospital pass to set them up for the counter, Torreira needlessly out of position, then Mustafi the one time needs to dive in and be reckless taking the yellow card decides to stay on his feet and let Zaha get away, leaving Xhaka to get bamboozled by the trickery of the overhyped Zaha. Never seen such frustrating shit in my life.

Also the amount of times we gave the ball way was incredibly exasperating.

Oh and Atkinson is a w***er.
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Mess wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

LOL! What are you 2 on about? Yes, he do can wrong and he arguably did do wrong today. He did get some things wrong even during our 11 wins streak. And here's a shocker: He'll get some more things wrong moving forward.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Both Fenice and I were not being serious
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elber » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:53 pm

DialSquaregooner wrote:A draw was a fair result, we were really not at the races today. We did not create enough clear cut chances, never made their keeper work. we are still unbeaten after our first two games so it is not the end of the world. I do not get takiing ozil off for wellbeck, should of been Ramsey coming on earlier.

Did you not see how crud Ramsey played when he eventually did come on?
elber
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fenice » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Mess wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Both Fenice and I were not being serious

Correct, I like Emma Stone.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DialSquaregooner » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:59 pm

elber wrote:
DialSquaregooner wrote:A draw was a fair result, we were really not at the races today. We did not create enough clear cut chances, never made their keeper work. we are still unbeaten after our first two games so it is not the end of the world. I do not get takiing ozil off for wellbeck, should of been Ramsey coming on earlier.

Did you not see how crud Ramsey played when he eventually did come on?

Compared to what ? whole team played quite bad, Ramsey hardly had any time to adjust to the game. I am not a massive fan of him, but what was he supposed to do with that time?
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19