28/10/18 | Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal | Permier League

Re: 28/10/18 | Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Permier League

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 pm

starmandb wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:We are trying to hold a lead over this sorry CP team that cannot score.

Are you kidding me??

This is embarrassing.

13/14
Cp 1 Chelsea 0
Cp 3 liverpool 3 ( Liverpool leading 3-1 with 9 mins left)
14/15
Cp beat Liverpool 3-1 home and away
Cp had scored 3 in 8 when they beat Spurs 2-1
Cp 0 Spurs 0
Co 2 man city 1
15/16
CpW 2-1 at Chelsea
Cp 0 man Utd 0
W 2-1 at Liverpool
Drew 1-1 at ours
16/17
Won 2-1 at Chelsea
Beat us3-0
W 2-1 at Liverpool
17/18
Cp who hadn't scored in 7 games beat chelsea 2-1

We drew 1-1 at home to cp in 70/71
Drew 0-0 at cp in 90/91
0-0 in 97/98
2 of those seasons we did doubles
The other season we lost 1 game winning the title
Prior to this season
Liverpool dropped 14 points
Chelsea 12
Spurs man city and us 5
Only united dropped less points ( 2) to crystal palace since they came up
Embarrassing ?
Jerking the knee is
Sometimes you have to take a point

Why are you bringing up irrelevant history from years ago??

I was talking about "this" CP team as in from this season that is massively struggling to score goals.

I have a problem when Arsenal fans start talking about embarrassing
I am bringing up past games to show that sides up and around the top have dropped points against palace before
As have some of our title winning teams
I don't see where embarrassing comes into it?
But under the narrower boundaries you set
In 14/15 crystal palace had scored 3 in 8 when they beat Spurs 2-1
And crystal palace hadn't scored in 7 games when they beat champions Chelsea last year

LIke I said, previous seasons, especially going that far back is irrelevant to the discussion because I am talking about the CP team this season. :doh:
Last edited by Mike Dean on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:30 pm

Dynamite wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Dynamite wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Dynamite wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Where's those b*tches Dynamite and gooney at?

They really are the most embarrassing members on here

Thanks, such a pleasure to get called like that from the two forum jesters

I'd rather be a jester than be a guy wishing we were going to lose just because your boyfriend Ramsey didn't start.

Really dug us out of a hole didn't he when he came on? quite frankly looking back on it wish we left Ozil on, he was pretty absent but it only takes one chance for him to make a difference.

Oh the master of alternative facts is having a go again.
Where did I wish we should lose? Any proof? Or will you come out with another lame excuse like nearly every other time in the past?

Would be nice if Captain Özil would have provided us with one decent chance against fuc*ing CP for his 350k/week or this this ask for too much? Oh I see of course I'm racist or islamophobe for doing so right?

Could you do me a favor and ring your fool bell at the start of your postings so I know I can concentrate on watching paint dry or something else what is similar useful. Thanks!

He did. Belerin messed up a golden chance.

You mean the 23min mark when Özil served Bellerin a shit pass so he had to change foot and three CP defenders ran between him and the goal?
Golden chance.... my ass

He literally served it to him on a platter, with 3 defenders around himself, with a nutmeg pass with no one around Bellerin. Bellerin took one touch too many and goofed it up. He was actually open when he received the ball with good amount of space but because he hesitated and waited to long, the defenders closed in. All it needed was a better first touch from him or for him to shoot early and he would have scored. I wasnt the only one that said this, so did the commentators. :dontknow:

I am directly quoting the commentators:

"Wonderful chance" - Commentator 1

"Watch this bit of skill. Nutmeg pass. Absolutely unbelievable from Ozil. It's a nutmeg pass straight into Bellerin's path.." - Commentator 2.

Videos are up at Arsenal.com. You can go back and hear the commentators and watch it again yourself.

Look, no one is saying Ozil had a good game yesterday (he was poor), but it doesn't hurt to be objective about things.

Also, why are you always so bitter and angry? You come into the game thread with an agenda when we are losing, and then carry on with the agenda. Are you rooting for this team to lose??
Last edited by Mike Dean on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: 28/10/18 | Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal | Permier League

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Pudpop wrote:Difference between fouls missed and fouls blatantly ignored.

I'll never understand how a ref can see blatant evidence of the foul and still not give it

Thank the suits for that.

There's no retrospective action in football, which is why VAR is needed in the Prem and in football in general. If the ref realizes he made a mistake - without VAR, for example - he can't veto his previous decision. If he does, his reputation will take a hit and he might not get more chances to officiate in big games, which is strange because, in fact, that reveals the strength of character and the ability to right a wrong.

Strange place this footballing world is.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dynamite » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Dynamite wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Dynamite wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Dynamite wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Where's those b*tches Dynamite and gooney at?

They really are the most embarrassing members on here

Thanks, such a pleasure to get called like that from the two forum jesters

I'd rather be a jester than be a guy wishing we were going to lose just because your boyfriend Ramsey didn't start.

Really dug us out of a hole didn't he when he came on? quite frankly looking back on it wish we left Ozil on, he was pretty absent but it only takes one chance for him to make a difference.

Oh the master of alternative facts is having a go again.
Where did I wish we should lose? Any proof? Or will you come out with another lame excuse like nearly every other time in the past?

Would be nice if Captain Özil would have provided us with one decent chance against fuc*ing CP for his 350k/week or this this ask for too much? Oh I see of course I'm racist or islamophobe for doing so right?

Could you do me a favor and ring your fool bell at the start of your postings so I know I can concentrate on watching paint dry or something else what is similar useful. Thanks!

He did. Belerin messed up a golden chance.

You mean the 23min mark when Özil served Bellerin a shit pass so he had to change foot and three CP defenders ran between him and the goal?
Golden chance.... my ass

He literally served it to him on a platter with no one around him. Bellerin took one touch too may and goofed it up. All it needed was a better first touch from him and he would have scored. I wasnt the only one that said this, so did the commentators. :dontknow:

No one is saying Ozil had a good game yesterday (he was poor), but it doesn't hurt to be objective about things.

Also, why are you always so bitter and angry? You come into the game thread with an agenda when we are losing, and then carry on with the agenda. Are you rooting for this team to lose??

Where did I ever wrote I want us to lose?
Cause DG und this other noob are providing some alternative facts regulary?

I give Özil credit where credit is due but from a 350k/week player and captain who earns at least twice as much as anyone else (slightly bar Auba maybe) I expect more as from a 100k/week player and I don't think it's a wrong call. For that I'm called a Özil hater........

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:39 pm - Özil thread
Dynamite wrote:Wonderful display today
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Rockape » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

It was disappointing that Bellerin fluffed his chance but hes a wing back and would have had a nose bleed in that position!

Good job were only arguing about an away draw.....can't wait for a defeat from a lower ranked team! (actually I can!)
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dynamite » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Mike Dean wrote:He literally served it to him on a platter, with 3 defenders around himself, with a nutmeg pass with no one around Bellerin. Bellerin took one touch too many and goofed it up. He was actually open when he received the ball with good amount of space but because he hesitated and waited to long, the defenders closed in. All it needed was a better first touch from him or for him to shoot early and he would have scored. I wasnt the only one that said this, so did the commentators. :dontknow:

"Watch this bit of skill. Nutmeg pass. Absolutely unbelievable from Ozil. It's a nutmeg pass straight into Bellerin's path.." - Commentator 2.

Videos are up at Arsenal.com. You can go back and hear the commentators and watch it again yourself.

Look, no one is saying Ozil had a good game yesterday (he was poor), but it doesn't hurt to be objective about things.

Watch the scene again nutmeg fine and dandy but Bellerin is a right foot player and Özil played the pass too much forward so Bellerin has to put it from the left to the right foot that's the moment three CP players close up. If he would have been able to take a direct shot that would have been a golden chance right there. Sorry but I can't been arsed about the commentators point of view "they have to sell the game to the watchers" so of course they talk rubbish.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:We are trying to hold a lead over this sorry CP team that cannot score.

Are you kidding me??

This is embarrassing.

13/14
Cp 1 Chelsea 0
14/15
Cp 0 Spurs 0
Co 2 man city 1
15/16
CpW 2-1 at Chelsea
Cp 0 man Utd 0
W 2-1 at Liverpool
Drew 1-1 at ours
16/17
Won 2-1 at Chelsea
Beat us3-0
W 2-1 at Liverpool
17/18

Drew 0-0 at cp in 90/91
0-0 in 97/98
Prior to this season
Chelsea 12
Spurs man city and us 5
Embarrassing ?
Jerking the knee is

I was talking about "this" CP team as in from this season that is massively struggling to score goals.

I am bringing up past games to show that sides up and around the top have dropped points against palace before
And crystal palace hadn't scored in 7 games when they beat champions Chelsea last year

LIke I said, previous seasons, especially going that far back is irrelevant to the discussion because I am talking about the CP team this season. :doh:

Ok
Narrowing it again
A crystal palace side that contained 7 of the team involved in the draw with us yesterday
Beat champions Chelsea last season 2-1
That Chelsea had 14 players who are all still at the club
That crystal palace side had not scored a goal in 7 games
So at that time that crystal palace side were in better shape than the team we drew with yesterday?
Not going through sepia tinted archives to draw this one out
The guy that scored twice against us yesterday was one such fella involved in that Chelsea game
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm

starmandb wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Are you kidding me??

This is embarrassing.

13/14
Cp 1 Chelsea 0
14/15
Cp 0 Spurs 0
Co 2 man city 1
15/16
CpW 2-1 at Chelsea
Cp 0 man Utd 0
W 2-1 at Liverpool
Drew 1-1 at ours
16/17
Won 2-1 at Chelsea
Beat us3-0
W 2-1 at Liverpool
17/18

Drew 0-0 at cp in 90/91
0-0 in 97/98
Prior to this season
Chelsea 12
Spurs man city and us 5
Embarrassing ?
Jerking the knee is

Ok
Narrowing it again
A crystal palace side that contained 7 of the team involved in the draw with us yesterday
Beat champions Chelsea last season 2-1
That Chelsea had 14 players who are all still at the club
That crystal palace side had not scored a goal in 7 games
So at that time that crystal palace side were in better shape than the team we drew with yesterday?
Not going through sepia tinted archives to draw this one out
The guy that scored twice against us yesterday was one such fella involved in that Chelsea game

:doh:

..also the only way they scored was penalties. And I have said it multiple times, inviting pressure was a tactical mistake IMO.

This team is struggling mightily to score this season.

Let me know how many goals they had scored this season, especially at home.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:52 pm

0 same as the none they had scored anywhere in 7 games last season
I don't do circulars
I have made my point
You are right, you win
starmandb

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:09 pm

This was a good result.
We didn't play well - in fact got outplayed for large parts of the match.
Palace deserved 3 points, but we dug out a result away from home.

Thought Emery made a mistake with his starting line up and subs, though.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:13 pm

EliteKiller wrote:Interesting game ... Palace shut Ozil down and we looked a shadow of last weeks side, no surprise he got pulled, was he fit? Watching the game I got a few calls wrong, missed the handball (it clearly was) and would have sworn the second pen was a dive, but even though he went down like he was shot, Xhaka's leg went in and it was a pen .... who'd be a ref ...

We are a work in progress, today was a bad-day-at-the-office ... we move on

Handball was actually irrelevant. Prior to that it was a clear penalty for the pull on Lacazette's shirt, so either a penalty for us or the goal.
There was no other decision to make.

As for the second pen - not a chance. It was the classic forwards dive into the defender. The key is that Xhaka's foot was planted (nowhere near the player) BEFORE Zaha started to dive.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:22 am

starmandb wrote:0 same as the none they had scored anywhere in 7 games last season
I don't do circulars
I have made my point
You are right, you win

Not trying to win a argument. I understand where you are coming from. It's just that my initial post was regarding this season and CP has been dire when it comes to scoring goals. What I was trying to say was that they should fear our attack, not the other way around, which is why I made the comment.

Peace. :)
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:29 am

Dynamite wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:He literally served it to him on a platter, with 3 defenders around himself, with a nutmeg pass with no one around Bellerin. Bellerin took one touch too many and goofed it up. He was actually open when he received the ball with good amount of space but because he hesitated and waited to long, the defenders closed in. All it needed was a better first touch from him or for him to shoot early and he would have scored. I wasnt the only one that said this, so did the commentators. :dontknow:

Watch the scene again nutmeg fine and dandy but Bellerin is a right foot player and Özil played the pass too much forward so Bellerin has to put it from the left to the right foot that's the moment three CP players close up. If he would have been able to take a direct shot that would have been a golden chance right there. Sorry but I can't been arsed about the commentators point of view "they have to sell the game to the watchers" so of course they talk rubbish.

The only way that pass could have been made was how Ozil made it. He had three players converge on him when he made that pass. Bellerin should have used his first touch to set himself for the shot but his touch was poor and the ball was too close to him, which is why he went for the second touch and by then defenders closed in on him.

Those were Arsenal commentators. The same was said by national commentators. I dont think they are all trying to sell the game on a single play. ;)
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:50 pm

Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha says he has been sent racist abuse and threats after winning a penalty in Sunday's 2-2 draw with Arsenal.

Zaha was tripped by makeshift left-back Granit Xhaka late on to allow Luka Milivojevic to equalise from the spot.

"For all the people taking it one step further and being racist and wishing death on my family, I wish you and your families the best too," he said.

"My life is still very good despite your hate."

After the match, Xhaka said in a post-match television interview he thought the incident had been a "clear penalty".

Since the start of the 2014-15 season, only Leicester's Jamie Vardy (13) has won more penalties in the Premier League than Zaha (11, level with Raheem Sterling).

Wtf
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Great mature attitude, we need to make a bid asap
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext