15/09/18 | Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 15/09/18 | Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Pudpop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Joselu has been p*ssing on Mustafi all night. Individual basic marking mistakes are so hard to fix. We needed another quality CB and it is apparent why.
The boss is running again.

Kos to come back and kickstart our surprise league title?

Stay tuned
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Better second half.
Xhaka actually contributed and was OK.
I was about to say the defence was not bad at all in this game and then an awful piece of defending at the end.
Our biggest issue today was up front. Not good enough.
But, 3points away from home...good result.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby indy23 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:52 pm

realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:
realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:Under Wenger we 100% lose this match after that first half

Emery gives them a blasting, makes a substitution at half time, and we go on to win comfortably

Exaggeration. Wengers actually won at newcastle when it mattered. So calm down.

Everyone has there opinion. For me we are not good offensively. This is not good football or football to be challenging. This is not better than wengerball offensively. This is midtable football at best. And Emery has failed got the best out of our top players.

Orly?

He fuckin drew there after being 4-0 up

Or did that match "not matter"?

Mattered to me. I was there!

You have goldfish memory. When we needed to win there for top 4 finish we got it done. Wengers had decent results at toon.

Don't start this rubbish every game saying wenger would of loss rubbish. He's left and has a real legacy at the club.Emery has done f**k all at arsenal.
Downplaying wenger now he's gone is petty bullshit. Emery has done nothing here. Nothing.

I remember 8-2 vs united. In 2011. Not goldfish. Wenger was ass the last decade. If u want goldfish, how many away wins we have last year?
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:54 pm

3rd consecutive win. We need to fix laborious starts. We have seen a consistent trend where we start poorly and improve in the second half. Our defence suffers from poor individual mistakes. We need another summer to plug these holes.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Joselu has been p*ssing on Mustafi all night. Individual basic marking mistakes are so hard to fix. We needed another quality CB and it is apparent why.
The boss is running again.

Kos to come back and kickstart our surprise league title?

Stay tuned

:) I miss kosh. I think we def miss his presence. I do believe we will let mustafi go next summer, can't have him here long term. He's Westham level.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:55 pm

realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Emery gives them a blasting, makes a substitution at half time, and we go on to win comfortably

Everyone has there opinion. For me we are not good offensively. This is not good football or football to be challenging. This is not better than wengerball offensively. This is midtable football at best. And Emery has failed got the best out of our top players.

Orly?

You have goldfish memory. When we needed to win there for top 4 finish we got it done. Wengers had decent results at toon.

Don't start this rubbish every game saying wenger would of loss rubbish. He's left and has a real legacy at the club.Emery has done f**k all at arsenal.
Downplaying wenger now he's gone is petty bullshit. Emery has done nothing here. Nothing.

What’s with the bickering about Wenger and Emery FFF? Le Prof has gone and Emery has only just arrived, inheriting a lot of players he probably doesn’t want and is finding his feet. Give the bloke a chance FFS!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mess » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm not quite sure about that but I sure appreciate that Emery isn't afraid to make changes early. I also appreciate that no player is safe from being subbed.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Nuggets » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Rockape wrote:
realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Orly?

What’s with the bickering about Wenger and Emery FFF? Le Prof has gone and Emery has only just arrived, inheriting a lot of players he probably doesn’t want and is finding his feet. Give the bloke a chance FFS!

:clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Pudpop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Mess wrote:

I'm not quite sure about that but I sure appreciate that Emery isn't afraid to make changes early. I also appreciate that no player is safe from being subbed.
I think we've made a tactical sub before 60 mins in every game this season
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:59 pm

realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Orly?

Lol shut up

I rarely post on match day threads

But this win was all Emery
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Rockape wrote:
realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Orly?

:clap: :clap:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Mess » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Rockape wrote:
realtalk wrote:
UFGN wrote:
realtalk wrote:

Orly?

Completely agree! And you know, it's still way too early to judge Emery. Arsenal underwent massive changes at all level. Still, i'll quote what Wenger used to say: "Judge me at the end of the season". I'll wait to pass judgment on Emery until the end of this season (doesn't mean I won't comment on what's he doing though). And i'm not expecting to have a true feel for what Emery is trying to achieve until next season. Man City and Liverpool are way different now compared to their first year under Pep and Klopp respectively. It'll be the same with Emery and Arsenal.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Zedie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Doubled our away wins from last season with this result.

Emery has already done something at arsenal.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Zedie wrote:Doubled our away wins from last season with this result.

Emery has already done something at arsenal.

True that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:13 pm

I think considering the state of the club, (poor players, poor morale, players not wanting to be there, shite negative attitude the manager is doing well, still a way to go but heading in the right direction. Keep it going Dick / Mr Emery
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19