18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:
Roycck wrote:When was the last time Arsenal has no points for the first two games?

1992


We finished just in the top half that season. I think that's our level this year. But don't care. Still better than watching a Wenger team.



Well it really hasn't been so far, at best the same level.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33284
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 pm

ps- been saynit since he signed LICHT>>>>>BELLEND

starts games v top 6.

and europa
:BangHead:
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9121
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:This midfield is really unbalanced, don't like it. Needs Torreira - Guen base with Ozil at CAM n actually showing up.


Ozil's not great if we don't have any possession though, this game was very cut and thrust.

Ramsey is better for that sort of end to end game.


No.

The only reason people rate Ramsey is because we don't have title aspirations. No club with title aspirations would ever start Ramsey. He's too limited and too selfish. He's a poor CM whose best attribute is scoring, which he doesn't do enough. Basically, he's a poor man's Lampard.


Ramsey is better in a more physical game when we don't have possession though and that's not a debate.

That's Ozil's worst type of game so regardless of what you think of Ramsey, he's more suited to games like today.


Emery needs to sort out his midfield. You can combat the physical play with Torr and Guen right behind Ozil and he has yet to play those 3.

Playing Xhaka behind Ozil is suicide.
User avatar
Mike Dean
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5738
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The solution is clear but difficult.
Sell every single player Wenger ever signed or ever had any influence on.
Until that happens, this is our future.

This iz an unofficial warning to you. All you do is talk shit about everything and everyone about the club. If you hate everything about this club, don't waste your time and ours as well. Just scroll back to your posts and you will understand what i am talking about.


That's actually not true.
Gendouzi had a good game.
Iwobi was decent in the first half.
Torreira was good in the second half.

If you want to pretend that the rest of the rabble is good enough then that's up to you.
I am calling it as I see it and I have been spot on for years about sub standard players.

If that is not welcome and you'd like to only have positive comments instead of the truth then fair enough.
Not much in the way of reality though.
The reason I am mostly negative is that the club offers a mostly negative experience with poor players and until this year terrible management.

I hope Emery sorts it out, and that means shedding 80% of the players and getting proper footballers in.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We've got our Arsenal back
User avatar
jayramfootball
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Santi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:This midfield is really unbalanced, don't like it. Needs Torreira - Guen base with Ozil at CAM n actually showing up.


Ozil's not great if we don't have any possession though, this game was very cut and thrust.

Ramsey is better for that sort of end to end game.


No.

The only reason people rate Ramsey is because we don't have title aspirations. No club with title aspirations would ever start Ramsey. He's too limited and too selfish. He's a poor CM whose best attribute is scoring, which he doesn't do enough. Basically, he's a poor man's Lampard.


Ramsey is better in a more physical game when we don't have possession though and that's not a debate.

That's Ozil's worst type of game so regardless of what you think of Ramsey, he's more suited to games like today.



Why don't we have possession though? This is f***ing Chelsea and we are f***ing Arsenal, the masters of possession against park the bus fc???

I'd never thought I'd cry for the mid-Wenger years back where we had all the ball and got raped on the counter but compared to the last few years that was glorious.

Our midfield has degraded so bad we can't even outplay half the league anymore.
#YoPierre
User avatar
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017
 
Posts: 33284
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:11 am

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

We should look to what tactical changes Chelsea made to shut us in our own half as well
Choose Life
User avatar
Goonerfromafrica
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4678
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:03 am
Location: Pretoria

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Tony_Adams » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm

I genuinely can't decide if I'm happy with that performance or not.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34987
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby indy23 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Roycck wrote:
Manoban wrote:
indy23 wrote:We need to spend money to improve defense. Offer ozil nmoney to Barcelona for dembele

We will improve our defence by buying a winger?


:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:


I meant on top of buying defense... Move ozil. He doesn't work here. He's been given enough starts during his spell here and we won some fa cups. Mustafi is probably worse than Marvo right now.. he's so bad. Why people aren't attacking board for cheaping out is on the people.
User avatar
indy23
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:40 am

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Angelito » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:This midfield is really unbalanced, don't like it. Needs Torreira - Guen base with Ozil at CAM n actually showing up.


Ozil's not great if we don't have any possession though, this game was very cut and thrust.

Ramsey is better for that sort of end to end game.


No.

The only reason people rate Ramsey is because we don't have title aspirations. No club with title aspirations would ever start Ramsey. He's too limited and too selfish. He's a poor CM whose best attribute is scoring, which he doesn't do enough. Basically, he's a poor man's Lampard.


Ramsey is better in a more physical game when we don't have possession though and that's not a debate.

That's Ozil's worst type of game so regardless of what you think of Ramsey, he's more suited to games like today.


Ramsey is and never will be a CM good enough for a club with title aspirations. Period.

So, it depends if you think Arsenal are title challengers or a top-6 club - happy with 5th or 6th.
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 25796
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby kaijuhk » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Next game...

Leno - See what he's made of
Lichtsteiner
Mustafi
Papa
Monreal
Torreira
Guendouzi
Iwobi
Ramsey
Lacazette
Auba

Bellerin, Xhaka, just NO!

Ozil, guy needs to sort himself out as so much potential.
Last edited by kaijuhk on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaijuhk
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 am

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I genuinely can't decide if I'm happy with that performance or not.


what reason is there to be happy about apart from guendouzi and iwobi

we look even worse defensively than last season
Image
User avatar
Sims
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 29383
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Tony_Adams » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Edit
Last edited by Tony_Adams on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34987
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

How Bellerin survived the entire match is beyond me.

This guy is the ultimate survivor.
User avatar
Mike Dean
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5738
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The solution is clear but difficult.
Sell every single player Wenger ever signed or ever had any influence on.
Until that happens, this is our future.

This iz an unofficial warning to you. All you do is talk shit about everything and everyone about the club. If you hate everything about this club, don't waste your time and ours as well. Just scroll back to your posts and you will understand what i am talking about.


That's actually not true.
Gendouzi had a good game.
Iwobi was decent in the first half.
Torreira was good in the second half.

If you want to pretend that the rest of the rabble is good enough then that's up to you.
I am calling it as I see it and I have been spot on for years about sub standard players.

I am again telling you go through your posts and see how repetitive you have been. I don't have to say much. Don't say later i didn't warn you.
User avatar
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24373
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Losmeister » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:I genuinely can't decide if I'm happy with that performance or not.

pass the ball into the net and we have 5 at half...

adios petr cech
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9121
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Previous Matchday Chats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest