18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Premier League

Postby indy23 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Santi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:This midfield is really unbalanced, don't like it. Needs Torreira - Guen base with Ozil at CAM n actually showing up.

Ozil's not great if we don't have any possession though, this game was very cut and thrust.

Ramsey is better for that sort of end to end game.

No.

The only reason people rate Ramsey is because we don't have title aspirations. No club with title aspirations would ever start Ramsey. He's too limited and too selfish. He's a poor CM whose best attribute is scoring, which he doesn't do enough. Basically, he's a poor man's Lampard.

Ramsey is better in a more physical game when we don't have possession though and that's not a debate.

That's Ozil's worst type of game so regardless of what you think of Ramsey, he's more suited to games like today.

Why don't we have possession though? This is f***ing Chelsea and we are f***ing Arsenal, the masters of possession against park the bus fc???

I'd never thought I'd cry for the mid-Wenger years back where we had all the ball and got raped on the counter but compared to the last few years that was glorious.

Our midfield has degraded so bad we can't even outplay half the league anymore.

I'll keep saying it.... Money money money. Have to spend. Why aren't we after the jorginos or the keitas? Look at ur owner and ur grubbing board full of fossilized shit.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 18/08/18 | Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal | Premier League

Postby Roycck » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 pm

LoL 17th in the league table and -3 goal difference.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Sims wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I genuinely can't decide if I'm happy with that performance or not.

what reason is there to be happy about apart from guendouzi and iwobi

we look even worse defensively than last season

This.

This team has no identity at the moment.

They are playing schoolyard stuff and it seems Emery has gone away from some of the things that worked for him in the preaseason.

Absolutely bizzare lineups that get this team in a hole.

We knew that our defense is going to kill us but Emery is failing to maximize the offensive talent he has on this club.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Santi wrote:This midfield is really unbalanced, don't like it. Needs Torreira - Guen base with Ozil at CAM n actually showing up.

Ozil's not great if we don't have any possession though, this game was very cut and thrust.

No.

The only reason people rate Ramsey is because we don't have title aspirations. No club with title aspirations would ever start Ramsey. He's too limited and too selfish. He's a poor CM whose best attribute is scoring, which he doesn't do enough. Basically, he's a poor man's Lampard.

This.

Ramsey lacks discipline to play in the midfield for a big club.

This is not a new issue. That is just how he has played his entire career.

Ramsey didn't play 1st half our midfield was nowhere so whatever you think about him he isn't the problem, we need to scrap this CAM bollocks, you get outnumbered against a midfield 3, we need a dm and two cms that can defend and attack and wide players that have pace,dribbling and runs in behind.

Its not individuals that our the problem, we got a squad imbalance
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

Ramsey is better in a more physical game when we don't have possession though and that's not a debate.

That's Ozil's worst type of game so regardless of what you think of Ramsey, he's more suited to games like today.

Ramsey is and never will be a CM good enough for a club with title aspirations. Period.

So, it depends if you think Arsenal are title challengers or a top-6 club - happy with 5th or 6th.

We aren't title challengers. That's a reality whether we like it or not. Spending 60 million with the base we have got, we are playing for top 4.

Ramsey has his flaws but he atleast contributes even when he has an off day. He may not be top draw but definitely capable of donning duties on our midfield.

And my views about Özil are well known ni wouldn't like to repeat.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Sims wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:I genuinely can't decide if I'm happy with that performance or not.

what reason is there to be happy about apart from guendouzi and iwobi

we look even worse defensively than last season

This.

This team has no identity at the moment.

They are playing schoolyard stuff and it seems Emery has gone away from some of the things that worked for him in the preaseason.

Absolutely bizzare lineups that get this team in a hole.

We knew that our defense is going to kill us but Emery is failing to maximize the offensive talent he has on this club.

Emery is failing? Our 70 million striker and the guy we swapped Alexis for missed 3 tap ins my grand ma could have tucked in. Emery has been here two games and has been given a bums transfer kit along with wengers failed players.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

Emery needs to sort out his midfield. You can combat the physical play with Torr and Guen right behind Ozil and he has yet to play those 3.

Playing Xhaka behind Ozil is suicide.

That's why I was annoyed with the line up ............ but we can only comment on what he's fielding.

This is a really sore loss considering the 2 chances we had on a practically open goal.

We need to get a 1st eleven sorted and to get cohesive, teams are taking advantage of our stuttering starts and going full boar at us.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The solution is clear but difficult.
Sell every single player Wenger ever signed or ever had any influence on.
Until that happens, this is our future.

This iz an unofficial warning to you. All you do is talk shit about everything and everyone about the club. If you hate everything about this club, don't waste your time and ours as well. Just scroll back to your posts and you will understand what i am talking about.

That's actually not true.
Gendouzi had a good game.
Iwobi was decent in the first half.
Torreira was good in the second half.

If you want to pretend that the rest of the rabble is good enough then that's up to you.
I am calling it as I see it and I have been spot on for years about sub standard players.

If that is not welcome and you'd like to only have positive comments instead of the truth then fair enough.
Not much in the way of reality though.
The reason I am mostly negative is that the club offers a mostly negative experience with poor players and until this year terrible management.

I hope Emery sorts it out, and that means shedding 80% of the players and getting pepper footballers in.

It took an unofficial warning for you to chirp up with 3 positives. You're on here for big games getting hyped for a loss then jog on if we've put together a good run of form.

It's draining tbh and I only really see your level of hyperbole on Twitter or from kids tbf.

Just chill out and find one thing to like about arsenal and hold onto that or as I suspect, go back to your main clubs forum to talk about a club you do actually care about.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

This iz an unofficial warning to you. All you do is talk shit about everything and everyone about the club. If you hate everything about this club, don't waste your time and ours as well. Just scroll back to your posts and you will understand what i am talking about.

If you want to pretend that the rest of the rabble is good enough then that's up to you.
I am calling it as I see it and I have been spot on for years about sub standard players.

I am again telling you go through your posts and see how repetitive you have been. I don't have to say much. Don't say later i didn't warn you.

Well it is a match thread. I am responding to the action. It is sadly repetitive so I get that. :dontknow:

I am not really interested in pretending, so go ahead and ban me if that's the deal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

This.

Ramsey lacks discipline to play in the midfield for a big club.

This is not a new issue. That is just how he has played his entire career.

Ramsey didn't play 1st half our midfield was nowhere so whatever you think about him he isn't the problem, we need to scrap this CAM bollocks, you get outnumbered against a midfield 3, we need a dm and two cms that can defend and attack and wide players that have pace,dribbling and runs in behind.

Its not individuals that our the problem, we got a squad imbalance

Spot on. Going with one luxury midfielder in high intensity games against top teams can be suicidal. Emery himself said before the game that he wants defensive contribution from everyone and nobody is am exception. Hopefully he realizes that and we start playing a fluid 4-3-3
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:40 pm

ozil was the only attacker closing anyone down

in fact hes the only one of the front four that made a tackle
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Roycck » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:40 pm

Is it wise to go back to 4-4-2?

Leno
Lich - Sokratis - Mustafi - Monreal
Reiss - Torreira - Ramsey/Ozil - Mhki
Auba - Laca
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Zedie wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

If that is not welcome and you'd like to only have positive comments instead of the truth then fair enough.
Not much in the way of reality though.
The reason I am mostly negative is that the club offers a mostly negative experience with poor players and until this year terrible management.

I hope Emery sorts it out, and that means shedding 80% of the players and getting pepper footballers in.

It took an unofficial warning for you to chirp up with 3 positives. You're on here for big games getting hyped for a loss then jog on if we've put together a good run of form.

It's draining tbh and I only really see your level of hyperbole on Twitter or from kids tbf.

Just chill out and find one thing to like about arsenal and hold onto that or as I suspect, go back to your main clubs forum to talk about a club you do actually care about.

Not true.
I already commented on gendouzi and Iwobi from the first half. Read up. If it's good I will say it.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby antfosfosant » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Early days. Hopefully this makes clear that back 4 need a screen. The name of which does not start with X.

Pressing got better through game.

Bellerin needs to be dropped. Awful positioning throughout and clearly no confidence. Wants to sit in pocket of centre backs rather than be exposed 1 on 1 out wide. Leaves oppo with so much space it’s ridiculous. Needs a few games to watch Lichtsteiner show him how to do it
antfosfosant
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 pm

f**k it. I'll be over here on my own appreciating that emery has had 2 competitive games to undo 22 years of philosophy vs the champions and former champions to start his career.

Am I the only one who isn't surprised that we aren't a cohesive unit? Am I the only one who remembers going 2-0 down in the first 30 mins at Stamford bridge and then literally laying down to get pummelled further for the remaining 60 mins?

f**k sake, guardiola needed 300m and 2 seasons to get to where he is now with city.

Conte got destroyed by us 3-0 months into the start of his tenure then went on to win the league.

Mourinho has spent the same as guardiola to bore the life out of everyone and get nowhere near the title.

I get it's disappointing and there's lots to criticise but, people need to chill out.

Emerys not an actual wizard. Use some restraint, show some patience, let the man work.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2018-19