Arsenal V Man Utd | Premier League 28/04/2013

Re: Arsenal V Man Utd | Premier League 28/04/2013

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Just to make it clear.

If the ball is taken first. It can still be a foul.

Not arguing with you on that one Yorkie. I just don't agree that Sagnas tackle was a foul, when seen a number of times.

He got foot on ball before he got RVP IMO.

But as I and others said here - it was given as a peno and HE scored!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Whether it was a penalty or not (it wasn't), we should have been 2-0 up by that time. If it weren't for Cazorla having his worst game as a Gunner and Walcott doing f**k all after the goal, we would have comfortably won the game. GOD Rosicky should teach them how it's done. And, everybody--except a few who already have it in them--should learn about commitment from Mr. Ramsey.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Just to make it clear.

If the ball is taken first. It can still be a foul.

Exactly. And people need to stop saying "but he took the ball" because that means nothing at all. Stupid commentators saying it over and over have misinformed the viewers...

Sagna's tackle was a foul. Even if he did manage to get the slightest of touches on the ball, fractions of a second before he took out RVP. Because there was no way that he was getting the ball without going through RVP.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Leody wrote:Sagna's tackle was a foul. Even if he did manage to get the slightest of touches on the ball, fractions of a second before he took out RVP. Because there was no way that he was getting the ball without going through RVP.

Ok so everytime a defender slides the ball out with a challenge for a corner its a penalty. :dontknow:
Better prepare for 18 penalties next match
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Dejan wrote:
Leody wrote:Sagna's tackle was a foul. Even if he did manage to get the slightest of touches on the ball, fractions of a second before he took out RVP. Because there was no way that he was getting the ball without going through RVP.

Ok so everytime a defender slides the ball out with a challenge for a corner its a penalty. :dontknow:

:rofll:

Ya beat me to it!!

If you get the ball first in a tackle, it's not a foul.

If you get the player first in a tackle, it's a foul.

There is nothing in the rules which says you have to hit the entire ball, half the ball, a quarter of the ball etc..etc..!

Sagna got the ball BEFORE he got RVP. No Foul.

The ref gave it. Penalty.

I think Yorkies argument relates to a player using dangerous play (e.g High foot) to kick the ball first and then hitting the player second. That IS a foul!

It's all about opinions...!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Angelito wrote:Whether it was a penalty or not (it wasn't), we should have been 2-0 up by that time. If it weren't for Cazorla having his worst game as a Gunner and Walcott doing f**k all after the goal, we would have comfortably won the game. GOD Rosicky should teach them how it's done. And, everybody--except a few who already have it in them--should learn about commitment from Mr. Ramsey.

You really think that was Cazorla's worst game for us? Really?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Dejan wrote:

It depends if you bring the player down as well really. Slight contact after the ball contact is nothing. Pretty much going through him after the ball contact is.

I'm not just on about this, even if the ref got it wrong, it evened up with your goal. I hear it everywhere though and people really seem to think it doesn't matter just because they got the ball, no matter how bad the tackle is.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Whether it was a penalty or not (it wasn't), we should have been 2-0 up by that time. If it weren't for Cazorla having his worst game as a Gunner and Walcott doing f**k all after the goal, we would have comfortably won the game. GOD Rosicky should teach them how it's done. And, everybody--except a few who already have it in them--should learn about commitment from Mr. Ramsey.

You really think that was Cazorla's worst game for us? Really?

Yes. When we NEEDED him to deliver, he turned into an improved version of Ramsey. Santi still had some moments and that's because of his class, but if he had a half good game, we'd have won it.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:51 pm

If you want someone to unnecessarily blame for the result blame Ramsey or Sagna
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby prolific » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Robin Van Persie Gave Arsenal A Pep Talk After Manchester United Draw
30th April 2013 By David Woods
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... ited-draw/

ROBIN VAN PERSIE gave his former Arsenal team-mates a pep talk on Sunday to boost their fight for a top four finish. Manchester United ace Van Persie went into his old dressing room after the 1-1 draw at The Emirates to say he was convinced the Gunners would join him in the Champions League next season. Van Persie, who equalised with a penalty, swapped shirts with Gunners goalscorer Theo Walcott. An Arsenal source said: “Robin said how well we played, especially in the first half, and that it was the toughest game United had had for a while. He reckoned it was the best he had seen us play and that we would qualify for the Champions League for sure. Despite the criticism from the fans, Robin’s well-liked at the club. There’s a lot he could have said about why he moved to United, but he kept quiet before and after the game and was also very respectful when he scored the goal, not celebrating. But he’s happy now after finally winning something and he had a big smile on his face.”

United skipper Patrice Evra admitted he was disappointed at the reception home fans gave Van Persie. “People forget what he achieved for Arsenal,” he said. “But he showed them that he hasn’t made the wrong choice. He did a good job for Arsenal and I was really disappointed for him. I think he felt it as well.”

I've never been mad at Robin and this doesn't change how I feel. I am though pissed off with our officials for allowing things to get soo bad that players would leave for Utd. Thats unacceptable!
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Tells you exactly how shit our coaching staff is at motivating if they're happy to let a United player do it for them.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 am

Just why in the flying f**k would Arsenal fans ever receive him well? Are you that f***ing oblivious to what the fans feel??? Jesus... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

He went to the enemy. It would be like Churchill leaving to fight for Germany in the middle of WWII! (Ok, maybe a little OTT)

f**k him. He's a traitor and he will be treated like one. I don't give a shit what he accomplishes, why he left, who pushed him out, what he did for us while he was here, blah blah blah whatever... he's dead to me.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 am

I hate that he feels like he's better than the club. Like we needed his blessing. Also I hate how the players just let him waltz in like it's nothing. As well as Theo swapping shirts, he can f**k right off. If I was a player in that dressing room I would have told Jim to f*** off and if he didn't leave I would honestly psychically kick him out.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 am

Robins way of saying he made the right decision. I know im being greedy but he can take his PL medal and f**k right off :disgust:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Apollo » Wed May 01, 2013 3:01 am

The day he kisses the United badge is the day ill start to dislike him

Until then, fair play to him he did the right thing for his career

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee