Fulham V Arsenal | Premier League 20/04/2013

Re: Fulham V Arsenal | Premier League 20/04/2013

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am

@OptaJoe: 149 - Only Paul Scholes v Spurs (160) had more touches in a game than Aaron Ramsey managed v Fulham today. Involved. @ZPAFC
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Apollo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am

Came in the thread expecting to see Massa bashing Gervinho for something or another.

Left satisfied :sneaky:

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 am

Oh and Chez had a cracker yesterday, top class.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Youngie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:05 am

Omphi93 wrote:Oh and Chez had a cracker yesterday, top class.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:32 am

Gervinho is more effective than Theo, but one his day--that day comes once a season--Theo can be incredible. I know I'd start the Gervs against United, with Podolski up top.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Massa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 am

Omphi93 wrote:Came in the thread expecting to see Massa bashing Gervinho for something or another.

Left satisfied :sneaky:

The fact that you think debating over him is bashing shows why you are so difficult to debate with yourself
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 am

Dejan wrote:oh yes because scoring goals is all about finishing, not.
How about, positioning, first touch, finishing, technique?

You can have all the finishing you want, if you're not getting in scoring positions, you won't score.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Nonsense.

Yes, scoring goals IS all about finishing. Finishing=ending the movement, putting the ball into the net
Good finishing = goal
Bad finishing = No goal

TBH, i couldn't give a toss about positioning, first touch, technique - goal scoring is ALL about finishing.

i've never said that a guy who shinned a ball into the net from 2 yards, whilst falling over from bad technique, having been the wrong side of the defender, and having shanked the ball too far forward, was a bad finisher! He scored, end of!!

all the other stuff is just Wengerism nonsense about technical skill, quality, quality me arse to justify playing average players like Giroud/Gervinho ahead of quality goalscorers like Podolski!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:49 am

greengoonerie wrote:

You can have all the finishing you want, if you're not getting in scoring positions, you won't score.

:dontknow: :dontknow:

Nonsense.

Yes, scoring goals IS all about finishing. Finishing=ending the movement, putting the ball into the net
Good finishing = goal
Bad finishing = No goal

TBH, i couldn't give a toss about positioning, first touch, technique - goal scoring is ALL about finishing.

i've never said that a guy who shinned a ball into the net from 2 yards, whilst falling over from bad technique, having been the wrong side of the defender, and having shanked the ball too far forward, was a bad finisher! He scored, end of!!

all the other stuff is just Wengerism nonsense about technical skill, quality, quality me arse to justify playing average players like Giroud/Gervinho ahead of quality goalscorers like Podolski!

Lol. Who do you think have been the best strikers in the pl for the last 10 years?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 am

greengoonerie wrote:all the other stuff is just Wengerism nonsense about technical skill, quality, quality me arse to justify playing average players like Giroud/Gervinho ahead of quality goalscorers like Podolski!

What the f**k are you talking about. So the idea of technical skill is all Wengerism nonsense. :rofll:

You've never played a game of football in your life i bet. It seems you lacking with the most basic of footballing knowledge. Situations need to be created not everything is down to luck or "the fates".

:dizzy:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 am

Le Chat wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Oh and Chez had a cracker yesterday, top class.

Yeah, apart from the clanger that he rebounded right out in front of goal off the free kick that was luckly offside. That's not offside and everybody's after his head.

It was a typical Cheeser game, a couple of decent saves (only had to make 3) and a big mistake. Just this time it didn't cost us. And he did have a really nice punch in the first half, I think it was off a corner.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Le Chat wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:all the other stuff is just Wengerism nonsense about technical skill, quality, quality me arse to justify playing average players like Giroud/Gervinho ahead of quality goalscorers like Podolski!

What the f**k are you talking about. So the idea of technical skill is all Wengerism nonsense. :rofll:

You've never played a game of football in your life i bet. It seems you lacking with the most basic of footballing knowledge. Situations need to be created not everything is down to luck or "the fates".

:rofll: :rofll:

If only you realised how hiliariously wrong your comment above is!!

Winning tootball matches is about scoring goals. Scoring goals is about finishing (which was where my post started btw!)

Everything else is just Fantasy Manager nonsense!!

Goals win games. Technical skills count for nought if you don't finish chances!!

I never mentioned luck or "the Fates" - YOU DID!!

I mentioned finishing. Finishing has NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK OR THE FATES, BUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH SCORING!!

Get over your self inflated sense of knowledge and get back to understanding the basics of football, will ya!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Well I hope if it is Podolski up front he has a good game, if he doesn't it just shows how badly were in the sh*t with our striker options.

Thing is whether he does well or not it shouldn't have been left till this late in the season for us to find out, we should have tested this at least once before January.

Saying that I don't think he ca be any worse than the odd one goal every few games we've been getting with Giroud.

All will be revealed .... or is it going to be Gerv up front? knowing Wenger it probably will be.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:03 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
Le Chat wrote:

:rofll: :rofll:

If only you realised how hiliariously wrong your comment above is!!

Winning tootball matches is about scoring goals. Scoring goals is about finishing (which was where my post started btw!)

Everything else is just Fantasy Manager nonsense!!

Goals win games. Technical skills count for nought if you don't finish chances!!

I never mentioned luck or "the Fates" - YOU DID!!

I mentioned finishing. Finishing has NOTHING TO DO WITH LUCK OR THE FATES, BUT EVERYTHING TO DO WITH SCORING!!

Get over your self inflated sense of knowledge and get back to understanding the basics of football, will ya!!

How do you finish then. You keep on saying its all about finishing and scoring. They don't magically teleport themselves a yard a way from an open net. You need to do the work before you can get into a position too score.

This takes a certain level of technique, What im trying to say is there needs to be a build up (X + Y = goal). Like most math answers their needs to be a working out, a journey to get there in the first place.

Just have a search on the net or go pick up some books. Technique is a vital part of any players game, its also what the manager uses to help gauge a players ability.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AFC10 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:29 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
Dejan wrote:
TBH, i couldn't give a toss about positioning, first touch, technique - goal scoring is ALL about finishing.!

Lol arguably the 3 main attributes you need to have to become a top striker.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 pm

AFC10 wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:TBH, i couldn't give a toss about positioning, first touch, technique - goal scoring is ALL about finishing.!

Lol arguably the 3 main attributes you need to have to become a top striker.

oh dear, as you can see - the post above started my comments on "finishing".

Sorry if you're not bothered to read past the most recent page of postings.

Dejan said that scoring goals was NOT all about finishing. Have a look at his post (its on the same page here, so it's easy for you to find it)

The other three qualities contribute towards the chance of a finish, but if you don't finish you don't score. IMO.

Maybe you will argue that you can score goals without finishing - grand, I'm all ears.

Technique, positioning and first touch count for NOTHING if you don't finish the chance - ask Giroud...!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13