injury time is as valid as any part of the 90 mins
as long as the proper injury time is played
i think the ref unusualy actualy played a minute too long on tuesday
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: Arsenal V Everton | Premier League 16/04/2013

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:32 am

Miss Arsenal wrote:Who do Spurs have on the weekend?

man city at home
starmandb

Postby Zenith » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:37 am

starmandb wrote:
Zenith wrote:Everton are the deadliest side in the league when it comes to scoring in the last 10 minutes I believe.

we have scored 27 goals in the last 10 mins
everton have scored 10

Was it last season then?

I'm almost sure reading it once. :lol:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby greengoonerie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm

starmandb wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
Dejan wrote:Image

Arseholes

sorry mate but again you are too young to remember the devastation that thatcher and her policys did to working men and their familys in this country.
she had little to no respect for people who went to football or sport in general in this country and her government helped to cover up a scandal where people like you and i went to a football game and never came home again.
standing strong in support of a city regardless of club partizanship is the right thing to do and its a scandal that while many are having their pensions cut and are frightened to heat their homes our taxes are put towards a funeral.
i fail to see how that makes them arseholes?
if 1 of my friends or family had perished under such circumstances i would make sure it remained in the public conciousness as well.
fair play to them
on a side note at the home game last year my old uncle fell down the stairs and blackened his eye
it was an everton fan who picked him up
thatchers generation were encouraged to trample on him

This. However, I would add that the banner is equally distasteful IMO.
Last edited by greengoonerie on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby greengoonerie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Zedie wrote:The Giroud bashing is actually getting boring now.

People are quick to forget that he won us the Norwich game with his goal and put countless chances on the plates of others for them to fluff it, still gave him stick for a standout performance. I was actually amazed at the amount of people that were all too willing to dismiss or avoid acknowledging anything he did for us on the weekend.

The guys scored 17 goals in all comps now in his first season in England, having to adjust to leading a forward line with 2 other newbs around him, but hes shite. Hes scored more goals than many a striker in their first season with us.

Get over the fact that hes not RvP, stop blaming him for it and you'll realise that we actually dont have such a bad signing. Hes exactly the striker that the forum and many fans had been crying out for prior RvP being sold, its really not his fault that the club decided to stick with just him instead of twisting for another pacey striker.

Lets look at his real chances yesterday, he had one that did come across at pace which he should have scored, but please dont tell me it was the easiest of chances for him to bury, many strikers would have had trouble converting that.

2nd chance, ball comes at him from right hand side, hes positioned where he should be, ie in the box. Jags did a great job positioning, and closing the space down, Howard was already positioned well, his only option was to shoot for a tiny target in the top right corner. Yup he missed it, but how many strikers in the league would have hit that goal and how much do they cost?

Its pretty clear from a lot of the ramblings on here that the majority of Arsenal fans expect an incoming striker to hit nothing less than 30 goals in their first season or be considered a failure. Good luck with that.

Good luck with the revisionism too!! Did I miss something or did you see the game?

Norwich game goalscorers.

Arteta Penalty
Bassong OG - Giroud was the wrong side of Bassong, who put it into his own net! Check youtube if you like!
Podolski

Pod came on and scored the 3rd!!! That must have absolutely killed Wenger!! :rofll: :rofll:

Wenger is a parody of the manager he once was.

Despite his ever more clueless team selections, Arsenal are managing to drag results out of the fire!!

Incidentally all this talk about the number of goals Arsenal score late on - it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the subsitutes have come on and started hitting the target, rather than Row Z now would it??? :lol: :lol:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Apollo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:48 pm

^^ If a substitute has come on and scores usually it means the manager has done well.

Lets blame Wenger for the losses but when the team wins lets not give him credit and say it was all on the players... Logic not even once!

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby greengoonerie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Omphi93 wrote:^^ If a substitute has come on and scores usually it means the manager has done well.

Lets blame Wenger for the losses but when the team wins lets not give him credit and say it was all on the players... Logic not even once!

Genius management - you're right. Leave the good players on the bench, lull the opposition into a false sense of security and then score late on.

ill take it every time :arse flag.gif:

However, some managers try to put out winning teams from the first minute! :BangHead:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby billie86 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Omphi93 wrote:^^ If a substitute has come on and scores usually it means the manager has done well.

I believe results are down to the players once they are out on the pitch 99 percent of the time, i just blame wenger for not buying good enough players and not playing the right formation, we seem to win despite wengers tactics rather than because of them.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Youngie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

Arseholes

sorry mate but again you are too young to remember the devastation that thatcher and her policys did to working men and their familys in this country.
she had little to no respect for people who went to football or sport in general in this country and her government helped to cover up a scandal where people like you and i went to a football game and never came home again.
standing strong in support of a city regardless of club partizanship is the right thing to do and its a scandal that while many are having their pensions cut and are frightened to heat their homes our taxes are put towards a funeral.
if 1 of my friends or family had perished under such circumstances i would make sure it remained in the public conciousness as well.
fair play to them
on a side note at the home game last year my old uncle fell down the stairs and blackened his eye

Its getting tiresome now :rolleyes:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby billie86 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

Arseholes

fair play to them

I would also say the banner is too far but there are many reason why people (in the north west especially) have a grudge against thatcher.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:27 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
Zedie wrote:The Giroud bashing is actually getting boring now.

People are quick to forget that he won us the Norwich game with his goal and put countless chances on the plates of others for them to fluff it, still gave him stick for a standout performance. I was actually amazed at the amount of people that were all too willing to dismiss or avoid acknowledging anything he did for us on the weekend.

The guys scored 17 goals in all comps now in his first season in England, having to adjust to leading a forward line with 2 other newbs around him, but hes shite. Hes scored more goals than many a striker in their first season with us.

Get over the fact that hes not RvP, stop blaming him for it and you'll realise that we actually dont have such a bad signing. Hes exactly the striker that the forum and many fans had been crying out for prior RvP being sold, its really not his fault that the club decided to stick with just him instead of twisting for another pacey striker.

Lets look at his real chances yesterday, he had one that did come across at pace which he should have scored, but please dont tell me it was the easiest of chances for him to bury, many strikers would have had trouble converting that.

2nd chance, ball comes at him from right hand side, hes positioned where he should be, ie in the box. Jags did a great job positioning, and closing the space down, Howard was already positioned well, his only option was to shoot for a tiny target in the top right corner. Yup he missed it, but how many strikers in the league would have hit that goal and how much do they cost?

Its pretty clear from a lot of the ramblings on here that the majority of Arsenal fans expect an incoming striker to hit nothing less than 30 goals in their first season or be considered a failure. Good luck with that.

Good luck with the revisionism too!! Did I miss something or did you see the game?

Norwich game goalscorers.

Arteta Penalty
Bassong OG - Giroud was the wrong side of Bassong, who put it into his own net! Check youtube if you like!
Podolski

Pod came on and scored the 3rd!!! That must have absolutely killed Wenger!! :rofll: :rofll:

Wenger is a parody of the manager he once was.

Despite his ever more clueless team selections, Arsenal are managing to drag results out of the fire!!

Incidentally all this talk about the number of goals Arsenal score late on - it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the subsitutes have come on and started hitting the target, rather than Row Z now would it??? :lol: :lol:

Yeah, seems like you missed that they gave the goal to giroud after the game. Unlucky bro.

Giroud scored the goal that put us ahead. Even if he didn't get the last touch, giroud putting that much pressure on a player in that situation is as good as a goal anyway. Then again, that probably doesn't fit into your agenda, so I'll just leave it there.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:29 pm

greengoonerie wrote:

Genius management - you're right. Leave the good players on the bench, lull the opposition into a false sense of security and then score late on.

ill take it every time :arse flag.gif:

However, some managers try to put out winning teams from the first minute! :BangHead:

Bravo. You've managed to put a negative spin on us winning a football game 3-1.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:56 am

elkanofan wrote:Giroud was ok in the frist half of the season, just unlucky.

Since the Chelsea game away he's been shit!

not true
he was very good v west ham and brighton and was good v stoke and liverpool
he scored 5 goals
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:01 am

Dejan wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Well, everyone did well today except for that French donkey up front. If we had a striker who wasn't so painfully average, we would have won.

Most ridiculous statement iv seen since i signed up to goonersworld

Truth hurts mate. Sit down.

Jack Wilshere was the worst player on the pitch today.sit down... Giroud wasnt a stud today but neither was the rest of the attacking force. Lying to yourself if you claim otherwise

lol. That statement is rediculous. Giroud was our worst player by miles.

Jack compared to most other players gets away with an incredible amount before he is even criticized. I understand his name is Jack Wilshere but he was awful today no two ways about it... wouldnt deserve to start the next match if it was based on merit... But he probably will

If you read my previous comments pre the game then you should know I didnt want Jack so start. Jack was OK today, not very good but wouldnt say he was terrible.

Giroud on the other hand, was just terrible. You're the only one that doesnt think so.

no he ain,t
i thought he was average
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:15 am

Le Chat wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

Arseholes

fair play to them

Its getting tiresome now :rolleyes:

i reckon it must be very tiresome for the people who wake up every morning knowing that a loved 1 who could still be there is not.
this was a poignant week.
i did,nt see the banner at the game
maybe the taste was a tad poor but i feel more for the mother who lost her battle with bowel cancer this week after refusing to pick up her sons death cetificate. and fighting the cover up for years.
she thought the details within was a greater work of fiction than a jeffery archer novel
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13