Arsenal V Everton | Premier League 16/04/2013

Re: Arsenal V Everton | Premier League 16/04/2013

Postby Angelito » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Wilshere isn't a CAM. Everybody can see that, except Wenger. Wilshere is a top drawer CM who will excel playing as a complete CM than an attacking midfield player. He is better suited playing slightly deeper.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Angelito wrote:Wilshere isn't a CAM. Everybody can see that, except Wenger. Wilshere is a top drawer CM who will excel playing as a complete CM than an attacking midfield player. He is better suited playing slightly deeper.

He did well against Brazil in an AM role. He can run past a man, like Cesc could. I agree that he just hasn't being doing it recently.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Possibly, I think it's unclear at the moment until Jack get's back up and running to see what he's giving the team and where he should play.

I had him down as a CAM or a Iniesta R/LCAM type but his heavy touches are worrying me, just have to wait and see how he develops.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Ref was a proper w***er. Everyone said the ref robbed Norwich last week when infact things actually evened out in that game where we didn't get decisions go our way then bent ones were made. In this game, f**k me Everton done really well apparently? yes ok shitforbrains. Ref didn't give us anything! but still, we cheat and everyone else done really well. f**k off!
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 pm

Le Chat wrote:
Angelito wrote:Wilshere isn't a CAM. Everybody can see that, except Wenger. Wilshere is a top drawer CM who will excel playing as a complete CM than an attacking midfield player. He is better suited playing slightly deeper.

He did well against Brazil in an AM role. He can run past a man, like Cesc could. I agree that he just hasn't being doing it recently.

As DG said, you need to have a soft first touch like Cazorla does to be successful playing as a CAM. Cazorla's ball control and first touch is orgasmic, while Wilshere's is somewhere in the middle. I think he can drive the game from the middle.

Also, Wilshere's injury problems are worrying me. If he continues to be injured as he has been, well, it will be sad indeed.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Youngie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Angelito wrote:Also, Wilshere's injury problems are worrying me. If he continues to be injured as he has been, well, it will be sad indeed.

Aye i'll give you that. He needs at least a season or two fully fit to even be considered as a WC or nearly WC player. :think:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Massa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Dejan wrote:
Massa wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:
Massa wrote:If it was his right foot then I would've forgiven him considering Podolski has an even worse weak foot but I'm 99% sure Poldi would've buried it if it was as glaring as you guys are making out

In his defence he was moving VERY fast to get to it, didn't have any time to compose himself...

Fair enough. Haven't seen it so can't really comment further

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/ol ... v-everton/

Bad miss tbh. Can't really say any top striker wouldn't have buried that.

If he didn't have a lack of pace he wouldn't always find himself sliding to try and get a touch (he does this a lot)
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby starmandb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Miss Arsenal wrote:A lot of empty seats tonight.

usual crowd report usual response where was you
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Wow the stadium looks empty

do you know how the stadium looks when its empty?
empty
now 40 years ago when we played em 3 days before xmas when alan ball scored in front of 20,000 that felt empty
starmandb

Postby VCC » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm

starmandb wrote:

empty
now 40 years ago when we played em 3 days before xmas when alan ball scored in front of 20,000 that felt empty

40 years ago with 20,000 it would of been half full or is that half empty lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 pm

prolific wrote:Ref was a proper w***er. Everyone said the ref robbed Norwich last week when infact things actually evened out in that game where we didn't get decisions go our way then bent ones were made. In this game, f**k me Everton done really well apparently? yes ok shitforbrains. Ref didn't give us anything! but still, we cheat and everyone else done really well. f**k off!

Thought I was the only one with eyes that work! :clap:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:10 pm

VCC wrote:
starmandb wrote:

empty

40 years ago with 20,000 it would of been half full or is that half empty lol

we had 51 and a half thousend that year when we played man utd on the opening day of that season
trust me it was more than half empty
starmandb

Postby Santi » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Zedie wrote:The Giroud bashing is actually getting boring now.

People are quick to forget that he won us the Norwich game with his goal and put countless chances on the plates of others for them to fluff it, still gave him stick for a standout performance. I was actually amazed at the amount of people that were all too willing to dismiss or avoid acknowledging anything he did for us on the weekend.

The guys scored 17 goals in all comps now in his first season in England, having to adjust to leading a forward line with 2 other newbs around him, but hes shite. Hes scored more goals than many a striker in their first season with us.

Get over the fact that hes not RvP, stop blaming him for it and you'll realise that we actually dont have such a bad signing. Hes exactly the striker that the forum and many fans had been crying out for prior RvP being sold, its really not his fault that the club decided to stick with just him instead of twisting for another pacey striker.

Lets look at his real chances yesterday, he had one that did come across at pace which he should have scored, but please dont tell me it was the easiest of chances for him to bury, many strikers would have had trouble converting that.

2nd chance, ball comes at him from right hand side, hes positioned where he should be, ie in the box. Jags did a great job positioning, and closing the space down, Howard was already positioned well, his only option was to shoot for a tiny target in the top right corner. Yup he missed it, but how many strikers in the league would have hit that goal and how much do they cost?

Its pretty clear from a lot of the ramblings on here that the majority of Arsenal fans expect an incoming striker to hit nothing less than 30 goals in their first season or be considered a failure. Good luck with that.

Giroud should be in the 6 yard box a million times more than he is, for a f***ing striker. It was Ox who caused the goal vs Norwich and Bassong or whoever would've probably knocked it in anyway but fair play to Giroud he was in the right palce for once so i'll give him that. He's had a decent season if you look at the stats, 17 goals, first season..not bad.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE ACTUAL f***ing PERFORMANCES WHERE ARE THE GOOD ONES? Big games, big goals..has he scored any?????? He made a difference as a sub vs Reading in that 7-5 fiasco, the one time I remember him looking so good.
At the start of the season he looked pretty good after those first few games. But as i've watched him more and more the constant moaning and 'end of the world' appearance whenever any slight thing doesn't go right, is just so annoying. If there was a rebound for an open net he'd probably miss it too busy with his head in his hands from the first chance :/
And it's always been an Arsenal problem but that Cazorla cross yesterday in the first half right along the 6 yard box and Gervinho did a good ball vs Norwich (I think) but again nobody was there. A STRIKER..YES OUR ONLY STRIKER...should be there on the end of these chances. He did it for Ramseys cross and f***ked it, why didn't he do it for those others i've mentionned and many more we've seen.

He's not shit, he's a decent player but he does have SHIT performances in some games and there should be no problem with any fans of the club pointing this out or criticising him without being labelled as a stereotypical 'giroud basher' or whatever people try to suggest. Giroud is an Arsenal player, we will all stick by him and never deny he is a decent player. Is he Arsenal quality? Maybe as a backup..maybe as a starter..we will see. Right now though, we need better.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 am

Kyle? wrote:
Dejan wrote:Image

Arseholes

sorry mate but again you are too young to remember the devastation that thatcher and her policys did to working men and their familys in this country.
she had little to no respect for people who went to football or sport in general in this country and her government helped to cover up a scandal where people like you and i went to a football game and never came home again.
standing strong in support of a city regardless of club partizanship is the right thing to do and its a scandal that while many are having their pensions cut and are frightened to heat their homes our taxes are put towards a funeral.
i fail to see how that makes them arseholes?
if 1 of my friends or family had perished under such circumstances i would make sure it remained in the public conciousness as well.
fair play to them
on a side note at the home game last year my old uncle fell down the stairs and blackened his eye
it was an everton fan who picked him up
thatchers generation were encouraged to trample on him
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 am

Zenith wrote:Everton are the deadliest side in the league when it comes to scoring in the last 10 minutes I believe.

we have scored 27 goals in the last 10 mins
everton have scored 10
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13