Arsenal V Reading | Premier League 30/03/2013

Re: Arsenal V Reading | Premier League 30/03/2013

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 am

Angelito wrote:Hope gervs scores today. Would help his confidence and most importantly, it would give Theo competition on the wings.

you got your wish sir
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am

yosifun wrote:Bloody hell, is keeping a clean sheet against Reading too much to ask?

well it was for chelsea
chelsea 4 reading 2
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:58 am

kronickaos wrote:
Le Chat wrote:still a win me thinks

loads of time left, don't write them off yet.... :hiding:

43 years of going never seen us with a 3 goal lead and not win at home
starmandb

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 am

@DiamondGooner: I agree with your last sentence. I don't mind him getting playtime as an alternative striker. It is a very good Plan B. But to start him as a lone striker instead of Giroud is like changing Plan A. My reason is if we change our striker then his team mates have to adapt to Podolski's playing style as a striker as well. Giroud is not perfect, but at least his team mates have adapted to his playing style (and yes, including his weaknesses) and vice versa.
Actually, I want to see him playing as a second striker behind Giroud. Giroud has been struggling as a lone striker as well. I saw him playing in front of Benzema for his national team and he looks much much better. He has scored decisive goal against top teams like Germany and Spain. But, off course at this moment, changing team formation is not a wise idea either. We only need one thing right now and that is stability.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yosifun » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:58 am

@starmandb, what are the stats for Giroud and Gerv yesterday? (shot on target, shots on goal..)
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00 am

alexafc12 wrote:
Angelito wrote:I'd like to see the same team start next week, except Podolski for Giroud. Giroud is hopelessly awful. Yes, he scored, but he just does nothing for me when we need him to do something.

Really? I thought Giroud was actually good in the build up play, dragged defenders in which allowed Cazorla lots of spcae, held the ball up well, won alot of knockdowns and then got a good goal, thought he was ok tbh

Don't bother...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 am

@ Starman Yes, good for us all around.

Well, for 15 minutes, Podolksi looked like he was playing CAM than as a striker, so yes, it's concerning. But I think he deserves a chance to start there. He did look so out of it though.

As for Giroud, I have no agendas against him, and I hope to God--he goes into a scoring spree because that could only help us. Unlike quite a few, I actually support players that play for Arsenal FC as part of Arsenal FC as opposed to their individualities.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm

WHAT... No you don't you regularly ridicule him and Ramsey and label them donkeys... HOW THE f**k is that supporting them... Christ
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Giroud is crucial, his link up play and movement is excellent. I think it's good that our front line share the goals, we shouldn't have to rely on one striker getting all the goals.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:46 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:WHAT... No you don't you regularly ridicule him and Ramsey and label them donkeys... HOW THE f**k is that supporting them... Christ

lmao this
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Youngie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Sims wrote:Giroud is crucial, his link up play and movement is excellent. I think it's good that our front line share the goals, we shouldn't have to rely on one striker getting all the goals.

Couldnt of said it better.

He's no VP atm, i would'nt expect him to be. He's got a reasonable goal return this season and some of his link up play is excellent. Class act imho.
Last edited by Youngie on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Angelito wrote:@ Starman Yes, good for us all around.

Well, for 15 minutes, Podolksi looked like he was playing CAM than as a striker, so yes, it's concerning. But I think he deserves a chance to start there. He did look so out of it though.

As for Giroud, I have no agendas against him, and I hope to God--he goes into a scoring spree because that could only help us. Unlike quite a few, I actually support players that play for Arsenal FC as part of Arsenal FC as opposed to their individualities.

:rofll:
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:20 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:WHAT... No you don't you regularly ridicule him and Ramsey and label them donkeys... HOW THE f**k is that supporting them... Christ

Because that's how Giroud plays most of the time. His first touch his horrible and he jumps all the time like a jumping bean. Point is, I support every player who plays for Arsenal not because of their individual abilities, but they play for Arsenal. Tomorrow, if Ramsey goes into Xavi gear, I'd be delighted because I have nothing to do with Ramsey as an individual player, but everything to do with the person who wears #16 and plays for my club. When he's shit, and Ramsey has been shit for a long time except the last few weeks, I will slam Ramsey. Why wouldn't I? The flip-flop and back heels and all those flashy stuff he does--I hate them because he isn't Ronaldo. Just keep it simple, mate.

And, I don't think anybody labels Ramsey as a donkey because the donkey slam is exclusively reserved for Giroud.

For you, supporting may be blindly loving them. For me, it's not. As simple as that. I will back them if they show the passion and abilities on the pitch. I will slam them if they ridicule the team in the middle.

I've never had individual heroes at Arsenal (except perhaps Bergkamp and Pires) because I love Arsenal FC and any player who puts on the red top becomes an intimate figure. Yet, that doesn't mean if they embarrass themselves and the team in the middle, I'd shower tender words on them.

I don't think Giroud is the right person to lead Arsenal's front-line. A goal against Reading doesn't change my opinion, but if he does it consistently, who cares whether it's Giroud or anybody else? As long as he gets the job done, he deserves to start.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:

You may laugh but I'm actually with him on that. I never vocally criticise the players who represent this club. They may be several different parts of differing qualities but together they are one Arsenal.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:

You may laugh but I'm actually with him on that. I never vocally criticise the players who represent this club. They may be several different parts of differing qualities but together they are one Arsenal.

Hey I'm one for supporting Arsenal and it's players. I have blindly done so for years but the difference is I don't say "Donkey" or other silly things at a player who annoys or frustrates me. That, to me, isn't support. I have said it before, each player on the pitch deserves the same level of support as the other. I don't care if Jack has the ball or Santos, I'm still going to be screaming and willing them on because they play for my team.

This whole people don't support the players thing is crap, everyone on the forum supports the players because they play for Arsenal.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13