FC Bayern V Arsenal | Champions League 13/03/2013

Re: FC Bayern V Arsenal | Champions League 13/03/2013

Postby greengoonerie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:28 pm

starmandb wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:I thought Fab was good and should play for a while, particularly as Wenger said that Szec was mentally tired.

Lehmann when interviewed on sky said that he (Lehman) came back much stronger after having had a rest.

Give Szec a break for a bit. Let Fabianski have a chance of becoming a good keeper with a bit of confidence again.

Had Wenger brought his strongest team, we would now be in the last 8.

Bayern were hugely over-rated for the CL and by the Media and I think they'll struggle to win the next round.

THe german league is a one-horse race this season, somewhat similar to the EPL and the lack of competition will not help Bayern as they face good teams, just like the lack of competition in the EPL has not helped Man United.

Spanish team to win the CL this season.

Wenger is a tool.

how did he not play his strongest team?
vermaelen and szczesney were dropped
we kept a clean sheet
great,if he feels that players are underperforming it is fantastic that he is ruthless and doing whats best for the team
its a message i would like to be sent to the whole team.
podolski,wilshere and sagna were injured
i am far from happy with the wenger of the last few years but i don,t think its fair that its open season on everything he does

He played Gervinho. in anyones wildest dreams, Gervinho is not Arsenal material.

Gervinho missed a chance to score. Again.

Wenger picked him, played him. that is NOT bringing your strongest team IMO.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Apollo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:37 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:I thought Fab was good and should play for a while, particularly as Wenger said that Szec was mentally tired.

Lehmann when interviewed on sky said that he (Lehman) came back much stronger after having had a rest.

Give Szec a break for a bit. Let Fabianski have a chance of becoming a good keeper with a bit of confidence again.

Bayern were hugely over-rated for the CL and by the Media and I think they'll struggle to win the next round.

THe german league is a one-horse race this season, somewhat similar to the EPL and the lack of competition will not help Bayern as they face good teams, just like the lack of competition in the EPL has not helped Man United.

Wenger is a tool.

we kept a clean sheet
great,if he feels that players are underperforming it is fantastic that he is ruthless and doing whats best for the team
i am far from happy with the wenger of the last few years but i don,t think its fair that its open season on everything he does

He played Gervinho. in anyones wildest dreams, Gervinho is not Arsenal material.

Why u mad bro?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby starmandb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:00 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Wenger is a tool.

we kept a clean sheet

i agree that wenger stands and falls on team selection he buys them he picks them he trains them
but gervinho came on for ramsey the fact that we did,nt have another forward option is down to wenger but on this night he had no stronger option, i don,t think he should have taken walcott off and maybe rather than replace him with ox he could have employed them both and earlier.but as far as team selection goes i think this was 1 of wengers better nights
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Apollo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:17 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Wenger is a tool.

we kept a clean sheet

Why u mad bro?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I don't think there was a wrong decision Arsene made tbh. Gervinho looked bright when he came on and manufactured himself a hard chance, can't blame him for not netting that. Podolski certainly wouldn't have created that chance for himself.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby AFC10 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Sims wrote:I don't think there was a wrong decision Arsene made tbh. Gervinho looked bright when he came on and manufactured himself a hard chance, can't blame him for not netting that. Podolski certainly wouldn't have created that chance for himself.

Agree!!! Don't see many pull of that turn the way he did. Give the guy a break he came on and looked a threat for a change.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:54 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Wenger is a tool.

we kept a clean sheet

Unfair to blame him for missing that one lol. It took some f***ing skills to even create that chance for himself. Unlucky finishing.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Dejan wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Wenger is a tool.

we kept a clean sheet

Unfair to blame him for missing that one lol. It took some f***ing skills to even create that chance for himself. Unlucky finishing.

Giroud should've been waiting to slip it in at the far post IMO
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Dejan wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Wenger is a tool.

we kept a clean sheet

Giroud should've been waiting to slip it in at the far post IMO

First thing I thought of when I saw the chance. Giroud should be anticipating that the ball might go across the goal ffs *smh*
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm

starmandb wrote:
Dejan wrote:Starman

could you figure out Walcott's goals and assist count in time played prior to him signing the contract and the same for after he signed his contract?

I think he completed went of the radar once he signed his 100k money

830 mins since he signed his contract 4 goals 4 assists
830 mins prior to him signing his contract 6 goals 4 assists
it really is,nt the sharp drop off that people are getting their knickers in a twist about

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story though. :naughty:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:48 pm

They are not facts, they are statistics.

The fact is Walcott has been below par for a good few games now.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:00 pm

GunnGunn wrote:They are not facts, they are statistics.

The fact is Walcott has been below par for a good few games now.

A 'fact' is something purely objective and describing his form as 'below par' is completely subjective. The fact is that in the 830 mins since he signed his contract, he's scored 4 and assisted 4, and he only scored two more than that in the same time before his contract extension (providing that starman's stats are right, which they most likely area).

I'd probably agree with you regarding his form but don't label subjective statements as facts.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Who cares about a good few games? He was utter wank against Swansea and didn't even put in a decent shift. Gervinho looked a lot livelier. Drop him for Reading IMO
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Gervinho is one of our worst players
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Yet he did more in his first 2 minutes on the pitch than Walcott did in 85 against Swansea.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13