Tottenham V Arsenal | Premier League 03/03/2013

Re: Tottenham V Arsenal | Premier League 03/03/2013

Postby billie86 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Gunflash wrote:Walcott was anonymous today and Giroud was poor. Our defending for their goals were comically bad. Vermaelen's defending is getting progressively worse.

Walcott keeps cutting inside and playing as a striker and leaving us light on the right hand side, quite annoying. Giroud didn't get a sniff today, i just hope vertonghen let him out of his pocket after the game.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am

kronickaos wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:We were in the exact same position this time last season I believe, and those **** have got some very difficult matches yet to play.

totally different team from last year to this year though.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

yes we don,t have 4 goals in the last 10 league games of the season rvp
we still have 6 in our last 10 league games walcott
we now have 5 in our last 10 league games giroud
and 4 in our last 10 league games cazorla
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby golfinguy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:10 am

Our defending was so freaking poor its embarrassing. Do they not talk to each other? Monreal either didn't talk, or Verms just ignores everyone and does what he wants. I bet its both! :BangHead:
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:15 am

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:I think Wenger has realized something I have for months now. Podolski is not that good. Dont give me his stats or caps. I trust my eyes more

Get some glasses, mate.

If you're comparing him to van Persie, yeah, sure. But Giroud? LOL.

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:1] Podolski may not be the best lone striker but he is the best finisher we have and its high time we hand him the baton as our first choice striker till the end of the season. I know as a CF he has only played for FC Koln but we cannot afford to miss vital goal scoring opportunities up-front.

2] As i have said already we not need to upset team balance by trying to accommodate a ''star player''. Yes i am talking about Cazorla who is one of our most creative players but he lacks a strong engine, pace and physicality. On the Wing he should be competing with AOC on the LHS and Rosicky in the middle of the park. Depending on the opposition and situation he should be utilized either as a Left Wide forward or as a CAM and if we tactically have a better option on the day for both positions then we should not be hesitating to bench him for that particular game.

3] Rosicky should be starting more games for us be it at the expense of Arteta/Cazorla depending upon the situation. Rosicky has loads of energy, probably our best tackling midfielder and can go forward as well.

4] We need to drop this stupid high-line especially against teams with pace up-front.

5] Ramsey should start as a CM or sit on the bench.

Cazorla is a flat track bully. He does well against mid-table and lower teams, but is absolutely helpless against the big boys. I'd like to see him see the bench in favor for TR7, while Arteta and Wilshere handle the CM responsibilities.

cazorla scored at old trafford and in the home game with spurs
starmandb

Postby JohnGooner » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:20 am

Cazorla was abysmal at Old Trafford until his late goal, not that I want him benched for Rosicky.
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 am

Arshavinfan wrote:I think Rioch's season has been better than this one. We finished fifth, where we're heading, and we got to the semis of the league cup as well as signing Dennis Bergkamp.

bergkamp was a fantastic statement from the club and 1 season where the board took control of the transfers[not something i agree with] but at this time of the season we were worse than we are now.
its rose tinted memorys that allow us to forget how shocking we were for half hour in the 1-1 at qpr.
it took a moment of genius from bergkamp to rescue a point for us
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Massa wrote:mertesacker can do one for the next game

So can theo!

is that the same theo that equalized at swansea last year and has 1 good game in 10 yet has scored 6 goals in his last 10 league games?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:38 am

Gunflash wrote:Walcott was anonymous today and Giroud was poor. Our defending for their goals were comically bad. Vermaelen's defending is getting progressively worse.

when theo came within inches of equalising from that free kick i could see him
i saw a lot of the runs he made today that were not picked out as well
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 am

JohnGooner wrote:Cazorla was abysmal at Old Trafford until his late goal, not that I want him benched for Rosicky.

he was,nt involved enough but always looked dangerous on the ball and scored a cracking goal
average is fairer than abysmal
starmandb

Postby golfinguy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:45 am

starmandb wrote:i saw a lot of the runs he made today that were not picked out as well

I've stated this before too. Its an epidemic in our club. Too big a desire to maintain possession, keep the ball on the floor, etc. Too little risk taking on through balls, and especially balls over the top. Our strikers break off runs constantly, as no one will make the passes.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Bungle678 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:22 am

Giroud getting unfair critique for a lack of supply today. You dont blame the cheerleader on top of the pyramid for the whole thing collapsing! He bust a lung for us today but was given very little to work with in front of goal. Cazorla again distinctly average in a big game, Rosicky showed more in 20 mins than he did in 90 (I am not saying he is better but definitely works harder).

Defenders are rudderless at the moment, no communication or leadership, funny thats where our captain resides!

Kyle Walker is one of the most out of form player in the league right now, yet we let him have a foot on the ball zero pace winger all game, Walcott should have been put to the left and given a run at him as he was seeing no joy down the right.

We have all the traits of a possession side without the killer instinct, no through balls of worth just sideways passes until we lose it.

Adethewhore gets a lot of stick from the filth but he drags players out the way for Bale to play, the main difference between the sides today was in attack the filth were ruthless and we were toothless
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby AFC10 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:30 am

Bungle678 wrote:Giroud getting unfair critique for a lack of supply today.

Getting sick of this now.

It's not unfair criticism at all! He definitely had his fair share of shots/chances today. Funny thing is he probably had the best chance of the first half when Cazorla pinged a lovely ball over to him and he failed to make anything of it, I can't help but think if that was Theo he probably would of made something of that.

I'm not rating him at all at the minute. In the box he looks okay but apart from that he's sluggish and his first touch is not great at all!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 am

Wilshere isn't a CAM material. At least not now. I see him more as a Pirlo/Alonso-esque deep-lying playmaker.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Özilfan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:43 am

Angelito wrote:Wilshere isn't a CAM material. At least not now. I see him more as a Pirlo/Alonso-esque deep-lying playmaker.

I see him as a CM - not sure he has the vision or passing range of a Pirlo or an Alonso to be that deep lying (yet anyway). As a CM he can make those driving runs forward and then link up with AM, FW, RW/LW
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 am

Wenger solely to blame for the latest disaster.
He picks Giroud over Podolski in a game we have to win. (ie score in)
Giroud plays true to form, preening, posing and the one-on-one miss was laughable.

Someone here mentioned Bale as being the most wasteful player in the Prem. REally? Have a Look at Girouds own "Miss of the season" competition. An average of 3 to 4 per match.

Wenger has become a shambles of a manager, and is playing a shambles of a formation at present.

Incidentally, thank God/Allah/Jehovah for the fact that the Super 6 defenders (Seaman, Dixon, Adams, Keown, Bould, Winterburn)were at the club before Arsene arrived. He would never have bought any of them.

Go. Please. Thank you for the the invincibles, the FA Cups, the CL runs, and all that stuff. But it really IS time for you to go. And take Giroud, Gervinho and the other shadows of Arsenal footballers with you.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13