Arsenal V West Ham | Premier League 23/01/2013

Re: Arsenal V West Ham | Premier League 23/01/2013

Postby billie86 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Freeloader wrote:
Dejan wrote:Image

what the actual f**k?!! is this real life

He's going to be in some serious shit for that.

The kid deserved it imo, i mean what was he doing? Hazard didn't mean to kick him in the ribs he just tried to kick the ball free, don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of it like hazard kicked the shit out of a baby or something and is some child abuser, can imagine the papers in the morning "first jimmy saville now eden hazard abusing kids".
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AFC10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:43 am

Awesome and most random day ever.

Got free tickets to this around 3pm, so got straight on the drink. Wasn't the greatest starts at all yet again started really slow again althought the closing down was a lot better than Sunday that's for sure. Then Podolskis goal just set off what was a great comeback! Really impressed with him, it's what we all new he could produce when we signed him! Hopefully that rest Sunday has done him the world of good and now he'll start shining even more.

I think Ramsey deserves a lot of credit tonight, he was great with Wilshere and them two really took West hams midfield apart! This still doesn't change the fact we need a few more players but its definitely an improvement in the last few weeks, some of our goals really did look like the old Arsenal which was great to see!

Now I'm quite drunk and tired so I'm going to bed a happy chap. Makes it 10x sweeter I went with a spurs fan :rofll:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby friedslice » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 am

I always find it amusing that the moment one of our poor players has a half decent game suddenly he becomes a viable option in all sorts hypothetical XI's.
Suddenly Ramsey may make a decent partner for Jack?! After 1 half decent game all season, madness.

good result, doesn't paper over the cracks. we can score when the opposition are a disorganised shambles, it'll be back to the norm next week against any average side that works to close us down and doesn't give us two hours on the football.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:13 am

billie86 wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Dejan wrote:Image

The kid deserved it imo, i mean what was he doing? Hazard didn't mean to kick him in the ribs he just tried to kick the ball free, don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of it like hazard kicked the shit out of a baby or something and is some child abuser, can imagine the papers in the morning "first jimmy saville now eden hazard abusing kids".

the kid literally hugging the football to not give it back. f***ing joke. as the twitter showed he always intended to do something stupid like that, deserved the boot. I've seen ballboys take their sweet arse time to give the ball back but not literally hug the thing while a player is physically trying to grab it. :rolleyes:
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:41 am

Lucas Podolski - 1 goal and 3 assists.

What have I said? When it comes to scoring goals, he's as good as van Persie. It's only his awareness that's less compared to van Persie. If Podolski had been playing for Arsenal as long as van Persie had been, he'd have more goals than the one-season wonder.

Keep it up. Let's just buy a DM and we are set.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 am

Sagna and Gibbs were having a great game. When they are not exposed by the opposition, then our CMs and wingers can concentrate on attacking with confident. Haven't seen this in a long time. Both FBs have been shaky before.
About Hazard: Well, he can always use his hands to get the ball.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 am

Angelito wrote:Lucas Podolski - 1 goal and 3 assists.

What have I said? When it comes to scoring goals, he's as good as van Persie. It's only his awareness that's less compared to van Persie. If Podolski had been playing for Arsenal as long as van Persie had been, he'd have more goals than the one-season wonder.

Keep it up. Let's just buy a DM and we are set.

This.

So. You. Told. We. (those of us who knew what Pod is capable of, that is!!)

As I see it, the problem is that Arsene will NOT keep it up. I expect to see any of the following in the coming games:-

a. Lukas starting on the bench
b. Lucas starting, but subbed after 70 mins for Giroud/Ox/Arsh/Gervinho/Santos
c. Lukas being declared "ill" again and not in the squad at all

:BangHead: :BangHead:

Short of scoring a Hatrick, Saving a penalty and making another 3 goals I just don't know what Lukas has to do to get Arsene to believe in him. Arsene certainly hasn't believed in Pod up until now.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 am

friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AFC10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 am

friedslice wrote:http://hereisthecity.com/2013/01/23/arsenal-fans-react-on-twitter-to-aaron-ramseys-performance-in-th/

ramsey now a superstar.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Not sure why any of them ' :rofll: ' were necessary because every one of them tweets are true. The last 3 or so games he's been playing really well for us because he's been playing in the position he wants to play! Last night was probably his best game as a gooner too!

Instead of trying to belittling him maybe get behind him? Hopefully this is a big breakthrough for him and if he keeps his recent performances up he'll keep his position.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 am

Yesterday, two impossibles happened. We won a game that Arteta didn't feature in and we won a game that Ramsey started. <shocked>
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Popey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 am

ramsey just showed yesterday what he can do. he played like before his injury. good to see and let's hope he can continue with performances like that.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:25 am

billie86 wrote:
Freeloader wrote:
Dejan wrote:

I agree. it was wrong from eden but the kid is just stupid and also deserves a punishement.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:47 am

Kid.
Adult.

Firstly Hazard has a responsbility to keep the head - if the ballboy had been a Swansea player for instance and Hazard had kicked through the player to get the ball, would there be a similar discussion about the red card being given?

On the kid/adult thing, which one would you expect ot have either more maturity or more self control?

I appreciate that the adult in this instance is a footballer, but there is still a large amount of wrongdoing on the part of Hazard.

Also, Swansea will posibly have to answer WHY the ballboy was allowed act the bo**ix with the ball - Sky showed an earlier incident with another ballboy not giving the ball back to Cech and what they will do in that regard. Glenda Hoddle said that this was done at many clubs when their team is winning -they give the ball back more slowly, spend more time retrieving the ball.

I think all Prem clubs should be forced to hire the Wimbledon Tennis Ballboys/ballgirls - that would sort out the messing :-)
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Regardless if WH were bad or not, you still have to get it done and put the ball in the net and we did that, and with some style that I haven't seen for a long time. Still a long way to go though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby billie86 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 pm

We played well, even ramsey played well which i was quite suprised about. Giroud, podolski and theo ran riot really, have to say poldi was awesome.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13