Chelsea V Arsenal | Premier League 20/01/2013

Re: Chelsea V Arsenal | Premier League 20/01/2013

Postby Zedie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:07 pm

gooner_7890 wrote:
gooner17 wrote:Walcott seriously needs to stop taking our set pieces and Santi needs to start. Jack's aren't that great either, and the only time we were remotely dangerous from them in the past two games were when Santi took them.

I agree, Theo's delivery was atrocious today, every corner kick he took floated straight into the hands of Cech.

Defo not up to scratch, wilshire's feeble attempts weren't either. What really pissed me off is that quite a few dropped right into the middle of the penalty spot and not one red shirt was there to even challenge cech. Loads of teams (west ham will do it on wednesday) put a Man on the keeper to make life hard for him coming out, but for some reason we can't seem to get that attacking corners mean using your strength...

Ffs
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Zedie wrote:
gooner_7890 wrote:
gooner17 wrote:Walcott seriously needs to stop taking our set pieces and Santi needs to start. Jack's aren't that great either, and the only time we were remotely dangerous from them in the past two games were when Santi took them.

I agree, Theo's delivery was atrocious today, every corner kick he took floated straight into the hands of Cech.

Defo not up to scratch, wilshire's feeble attempts weren't either. What really pissed me off is that quite a few dropped right into the middle of the penalty spot and not one red shirt was there to even challenge cech. Loads of teams (west ham will do it on wednesday) put a Man on the keeper to make life hard for him coming out, but for some reason we can't seem to get that attacking corners mean using your strength...

Ffs

I think all we do in training are laps and keep-ball circles...
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:19 am

We got 4 corners in the last 5 mins and did absolutely f**k all.

Also, we continue not to win without Arteta. This is getting pathetic.

Wilshere shouldn't be playing CAM. Santi should because our midfield isn't as good. Diaby was useless the entire game.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:22 am

echo the set piece comments, but they've been a disgrace both attacking and defensively for donkeys. wenger doesn't train them.
it's as if we don't care when attacking set pieces, we've barely a player who can lift it over the first defender and when they do we're usually outnumbered 2 to 1 inside the penalty box because for some reason we never send anyone forward when attacking a set piece.
don;t get me started about the defending of them....worse than a pub team.
walcott thinking he's henry? do me a favour. overated c*nt. turned down 75kpw, will never get over that.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mel4 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 am

gooner_7890 wrote:

The way Arsenal is run these days, I won't be surprised if Walcott's contract involved taking 50% of our set pieces.

Nothing stupid surprises me with this Arsenal anymore

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 am

but we're shit, and we should all know it by now, have been for a few years now. we haven't played the "arsenal style" for a good 5-6 years, i don't know why people keep acting surprised when we put in another slow, disinterested, lack of cutting edge performance, it's the norm.

we're the standard of everton. the results show it. we've sold our final world class player and yet again rest our entire hopes of one youngster and a load of unproven squad players.

we need signings badly, but only 10 days left and nothings happening.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:04 am

^ It's all come to this, hasn't it?

Spurs are overachieving and we're underachieving. Awesome!

The best part is our manager doesn't seen interested on the affairs of the pitch, while the board believes this is good for footballing reasons.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby friedslice » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:06 am

first thing i read in the papers is the headline "wenger not happy with referee". same old excuses then.

he feels we were "unlucky" because the "first goal was a set piece"....i think that in itself is a major concern. we concede 20+ set pieces a season and he still considers them to be 'unlucky' goals...how about recognising the faults and doing something to fix them.
that really is a worrying mindset.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby billie86 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 am

friedslice wrote:first thing i read in the papers is the headline "wenger not happy with referee". same old excuses then.

he feels we were "unlucky" because the "first goal was a set piece"....i think that in itself is a major concern. we concede 20+ set pieces a season and he still considers them to be 'unlucky' goals...how about recognising the faults and doing something to fix them.

He probably means unlucky because we should have had a free kick in the build up to their goal, they didn't score a set piece as far as i am aware unless you count the penalty :think:. Its the same old crap defending that has cost us dear over the past few seasons, it needs to be addressed, you can't go 2-0 down and come back every time, we used to be able to but we aren't good enough anymore. Tbh i wasn't even annoyed about the result its just become expected these days, wenger may say we were unlucky and it seems like it was a close game ending 2-1 but they should have been out of sight in the first half they had that many chances. For those on about spurs over achieving and us under achieving i would have to disagree, spurs have a better overall squad than we do, sandro is out for the season but they have parker to fill in, they gave man united a good game yesterday as they had at old trafford, when was the last time we genuinely competed against man utd in a match? We have been comprehensively beaten by tham every time we have played then in recent years, we are in free fall and way off the pace, everybody better be prepared for europa league next year because thats the reality.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 am

starmandb wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
Callum wrote:I've already accepted that we'll end the season without a trophy and no higher than 5th. I don't want to be too optimistic and let myself down.

Won't it be funny when we miss the UCL but win the FA cup? :BangHead:

id take that scenario all day!! :P

Really? I guess as long as Sp*rs are still below us it'd be acceptable. The Europa league is a massive waste of time though.

who gives a f**k where spurs are
i want arsenal to win everything we are in
i expect everyone from players fans to the tea lady to feel the same

This.

Groundhog day.

goals conceded - same old same old

Chances missed - same old same old

Corners taken poorly - same old same old

Team selection - same old same old

Substitution policy - same old same old

Result of above - same old same old

YOU CANNOT EXPECT TO GET BETTER IF YOU DON'T ADDRESS WHAT YOU ARE DOING WRONG, FFS!!

We are being run and managed in a very damaging fashion right now. Arsene and the Board appear to have neither the interest nor teh intent to put things right.
Theo was offside 4 times yesterday, Giroud 3 I think (Starman stats? )

how many corners did we have?? how many corners whcih were taken were "won" by an Arsenal player (Ie got head, foot, body to the corner?)

Easily beaten twice by CHelsea
Easily beaten by City and a draw
Easily beaten by United

I'm beginning to worry about just where this downward spiral is taking us.

It will be a case of who is the "least worst" of Arsenal/Spurs/Everton - probably us because we have the most money and will fall over the line again, ilke last season. Is that a good thing? I'm really not sure if it is, from an Arsenal FC perspective. It's a great thing from an Arsenal PLC/Board thing
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby AGoonerSpecial » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:49 am

Going to make it simple, when you are on top of a game and your only option was a disinterested Arshavin and an over elaborate Ramsey. You might as well walk out of the pub and kiss the game goodbye. I think we really need a solid defensive midfielder this January, that will allow Carzola and Wilshere just to go out and play and not worry too much about their defensive responsibilities.
AGoonerSpecial
Liam Brady

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 pm

billie86 wrote:
friedslice wrote:first thing i read in the papers is the headline "wenger not happy with referee". same old excuses then.

He probably means unlucky because we should have had a free kick in the build up to their goal, they didn't score a set piece as far as i am aware unless you count the penalty :think:. Its the same old crap defending that has cost us dear over the past few seasons, it needs to be addressed, you can't go 2-0 down and come back every time, we used to be able to but we aren't good enough anymore. Tbh i wasn't even annoyed about the result its just become expected these days, wenger may say we were unlucky and it seems like it was a close game ending 2-1 but they should have been out of sight in the first half they had that many chances. For those on about spurs over achieving and us under achieving i would have to disagree, spurs have a better overall squad than we do, sandro is out for the season but they have parker to fill in, they gave man united a good game yesterday as they had at old trafford, when was the last time we genuinely competed against man utd in a match? We have been comprehensively beaten by tham every time we have played then in recent years, we are in free fall and way off the pace, everybody better be prepared for europa league next year because thats the reality.

last season we came back from 2-0 down to beat spurs 5-2
this season we came back from 4- 0 down at reading to win 7-5
walcott scored 5 goals in those 2 games
we beat man utd 1- o at the emirates at the end of the 10/11 season
if we are in the europa league next season i will be there wanting to win it
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 am

starmandb wrote:
billie86 wrote:

So would I, but winning that is a poor excuse for not being able to win anything. It's like taking a step down
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:39 am

starmandb wrote:
billie86 wrote:

....and that's the Thing Starman. You and me and EVERYONE on this site will be wanting Arsenal to win EVERY match. It is upon this passion that the board are absolutely screwing Arsenal into the ground. they know that we will still support them even if they got relegated.

THe board on the other hand have absolutely no interest in winning anything on the pitch.

Sadly, Arsene appears to have lost the passion that you, and me, and everyone on this site still have for Arsenal, football wise.

It makes me so dispirited at times.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13