Chelsea V Arsenal | Premier League 20/01/2013

Re: Chelsea V Arsenal | Premier League 20/01/2013

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 pm

gooney wrote:Spurs for the second week gained a point on us. We may be happy they didnt win, but even when they dont win they get more point than us. its 7 points now and there's no harry court case to save us. We may say we have a game in hand.....but I rather have the points than the game

Ageed.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Kyle? wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:Just got in. Give me the down-low.

Sagna = bad
Wenger = bad

I didn't see anything good.

The usual then.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:They only have to stop play for a head injury. We need to stop looking for decisions and concentrate on the game!!!

agree with that
we spend far too much time talking to the ref rather than concentrating on the game
but it had nothing to do with a head injury
the game should have been stopped because it was a foul
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Wenger after the game...

on an improved second-half performance…

Tactically we changed some things. Psychologically I felt we were more on the front foot. We had a similar start to Man City last week - didn’t really go for it, didn’t really defend well and gave too much room to Chelsea. On top of that, I feel we were a bit unlucky because it was a free kick on the first goal and it was not a penalty on the second goal. We were a bit unlucky. We didn’t play well in the first half. In the second half we came out with a different spirit, a different attitude and were much more dangerous and dominated the whole second half. Unfortunately, we didn’t come back. We didn’t make enough of our corners and free kicks and didn’t make enough of the chances we created. That’s why we lost the game. It’s very damaging for our position in the league and very difficult to swallow.

on the difference in first and second-half performances…

It’s similar to last week. After you discover that a team has fantastic quality and spirit. We come into the game when we’re 2-0 down. That’s worrying of course, because in the big games, once you start at 2-0 down, it’s very difficult.

on the first-half performance…
Chelsea played well and I feel we were not well positioned on the pitch. We were too stretched and individually gave them too much room to play. We didn’t defend tight enough. We were always allowing them to play when they wanted.

on the foul on Coquelin…

The referee gave many free kicks today. Some were much less than the Coquelin one. It’s frustrating. It doesn’t mean that we should have conceded the goal, but it’s frustrating because in the big games, these kind of decisions have big importance.

on the penalty…

He could have given a yellow card to Ramires as well.

on explaining the first-half display…

We had a physical problem to get going today. In the second half it was much better. When you play every three days, it’s difficult to know. There’s a psychological ingredient in there for sure. I felt that in the last two games that we didn’t really go for it from the start.

on being six points outside the top four…

The table is the table. We have lost two big games in the last week and that’s very damaging for us. We cannot afford to drop points anymore if we want to be in the top four. It’s a concern.

on if there is a leadership issue…

There’s a great spirit in the team. There’s great quality in the team. The team has to believe more in the quality we have. You could see with 10 men against Man City and today again that we can be dominant in the games. We have to [do that] from the start.

on critics saying the team can’t challenge for titles…

I wouldn’t like to comment on every opinion of people. What is important is that we focus on giving our best in the next game and our next game is on Wednesday.

on potential signings…

We’ll see what we can do. We are not close to signing anybody tonight or tomorrow morning.

Full of shit as per usual
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Always_a_gooner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 pm

This is bordering on negligence from aw.. Of we have no money atleast be honest and let everyone know then we wouldn't have such high expectation but because he constantly stated he could spen 30mil we all wonder why he doesn't do it especially with how weak our squad is...Either buy or go because these results just get more and more depressing
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm

elovic wrote:Wh... wha... I've never seen us so poor so early into a game.

never saw the 10/11 last home game of the season v villa then?
starmandb

Postby Massa » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Wenger after the game...

Tactically we changed some things. Psychologically I felt we were more on the front foot. We had a similar start to Man City last week - didn’t really go for it, didn’t really defend well and gave too much room to Chelsea.

Shouldn't he have adressed these problems during the week then?

Unfortunately, we didn’t come back. We didn’t make enough of our corners and free kicks

Then why is Walcott taking them ffs

and didn’t make enough of the chances we created.

Get your f***ing wallet out then

That’s why we lost the game. It’s very damaging for our position in the league and very difficult to swallow.

Here's an idea adress the issues we clearly have :thumbsup:

We had a physical problem to get going today. In the second half it was much better. When you play every three days, it’s difficult to know.

GET A BIGGER SQUAD

We’ll see what we can do. We are not close to signing anybody tonight or tomorrow morning.

WHY
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gooney » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 pm

I hate the media in this country.....non of them challenge on him anything. We had physical problems get going.....WTF does that even mean? Surely you suffer physically as the game goes on and not the start and get fitter the more you play?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:06 pm

suprised he hasnt mentioned mental strenght
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby kronickaos » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Massa wrote:
Wenger after the game...

Tactically we changed some things. Psychologically I felt we were more on the front foot. We had a similar start to Man City last week - didn’t really go for it, didn’t really defend well and gave too much room to Chelsea.

Shouldn't he have adressed these problems during the week then?

Unfortunately, we didn’t come back. We didn’t make enough of our corners and free kicks

Then why is Walcott taking them ffs

and didn’t make enough of the chances we created.

Get your f***ing wallet out then

That’s why we lost the game. It’s very damaging for our position in the league and very difficult to swallow.

Here's an idea adress the issues we clearly have :thumbsup:

We had a physical problem to get going today. In the second half it was much better. When you play every three days, it’s difficult to know.

GET A BIGGER SQUAD

WHY

Would have been epic if you were there to actually ask him these questions. I'd bet my last £ he would have walked out pissed off.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Callum wrote:I'm so ready just to write this season off. What is there to look forward to? A sixth placed finish and early exits from the Champions League and FA Cup?

same as there was in 1993 when we were worse than this and won both domestic cups
never give up
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Zenith wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
Zenith wrote:
FrustratedGooner wrote:I still think where going to get something out of this

Same, 2-2 at least. :)

Only if, Wenger makes the right substitutions.

Sagna for Jenkinson
Ramsey for Diaby
Arshavin for Walcott

Szcz
Jenkinson Mert Verm Gibbs
Ramsey Coquelin
Cazorla Wilshere Arshavin
Giroud

Got a feeling Theo will score one despite him being completely anonymous.

Defo Jenk for Sagna though

good call sir though his anonimity was shot rather when he played in giroud after 5 mins
starmandb

Postby gooner17 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Walcott seriously needs to stop taking our set pieces and Santi needs to start. Jack's aren't that great either, and the only time we were remotely dangerous from them in the past two games were when Santi took them.
gooner17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooner_7890 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:48 pm

gooner17 wrote:Walcott seriously needs to stop taking our set pieces and Santi needs to start. Jack's aren't that great either, and the only time we were remotely dangerous from them in the past two games were when Santi took them.

I agree, Theo's delivery was atrocious today, every corner kick he took floated straight into the hands of Cech.
gooner_7890
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Douglie27 wrote:
RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
Callum wrote:I've already accepted that we'll end the season without a trophy and no higher than 5th. I don't want to be too optimistic and let myself down.

Won't it be funny when we miss the UCL but win the FA cup? :BangHead:

id take that scenario all day!! :P

Really? I guess as long as Sp*rs are still below us it'd be acceptable. The Europa league is a massive waste of time though.

who gives a f**k where spurs are
i want arsenal to win everything we are in
i expect everyone from players fans to the tea lady to feel the same
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13