Arsenal V Swansea| FA Cup Replay 16/01/2013

Re: Arsenal V Swansea| FA Cup Replay 16/01/2013

Postby Zenith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Tough night for Theo. Swansea were shit and acted as if they didn't want to be there and we should have scored 6. I think we played ok, but it was hard to judge since they were just so bad. Either way, on to the next round.

You wouldn't say we made them look shit?

Like the guy above said, no. They didn't look their normal selves, and not that it proves anything, but even the announcers mentioned it all game.

Yeah - they played 6 games in only 18 days when they played us and it wasn't a full strength Swansea side by any means.

In the end you still gotta win the game though and I believe our second half performance (apart from the poor finishing) was reasonably good, especially our midfield.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: Arsenal V Swansea| FA Cup Replay 16/01/2013

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Zenith wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Tough night for Theo. Swansea were shit and acted as if they didn't want to be there and we should have scored 6. I think we played ok, but it was hard to judge since they were just so bad. Either way, on to the next round.

You wouldn't say we made them look shit?

Like the guy above said, no. They didn't look their normal selves, and not that it proves anything, but even the announcers mentioned it all game.

Yeah - they played 6 games in only 18 days when they played us and it wasn't a full strength Swansea side by any means.

In the end you still gotta win the game though and I believe our second half performance (apart from the poor finishing) was reasonably good, especially our midfield.

I agree, a win is a win is a win. We did many good things, but I don't think it would have went as well against a better Swansea team.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13