Arsenal V Manchester City | Premier League 13/01/2013

Re: Arsenal V Manchester City | Premier League 13/01/2013

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Yes the performance in the second half game me joy but nobody would remember anything apart from the fact that we lost to City by 2 goals in a few days time. United have scraped through by coming from behind on numerous occasions Its not like they have steamrolled teams but what they have done is to score one more than what the opposition has managed to more often than not. Yes we went all out in second half but we still could not score a goal and that is the bottom line.

not with 10 men they aint
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Miss Arsenal wrote:
Trina wrote:Any fan is welcome on this forum and more importantly will be made to feel welcome aslong as they are not here JUST on the wind up.

MissArsenal, you have been here 2 minutes and seem to think you have the right to be so rude to other fans who have been on here years! Let alone one who is my brother.

If you don't like other fans, thats fine, I have no problems with that. Just don't reply to them and ignore them! Or you will find it's you that leaves the forum, not them.

Before I begin, there is a space between the ‘Miss’ and ‘Arsenal’. The least you could do was get it right.

Okay, so, a fan of any other team is welcome to say what they like and of course nothing happens, but when an Arsenal fan (more specifically, myself) says something you feel the need to automatically rule it wrong. Makes sense.....

I don't recall behind rude to any other members, let alone you're brother ffs. If you are referring to the 'bore off' part of my conversation with Max, that’s just standard Camden lingo, not my fault you're not down with the kids. Anyway, I apologised, so what are you on about exactly? I made a comment, someone called me out on it, so I replied, that's about as complex as it gets.

How am I meant to know Yorkyblue was your brother? As if that should make any difference. Shouldn't all members receive the same treatment? I guess in this sense, no, they don't. Were you expecting me to use my telepathic powers to decipher the relationships between every single member of this forum through the internet? Duly noted and will definitely keep in mind for next time.

I'll be the one leaving? Are you actually serious?

So essentially, you’re saying that I'll have the leave the forum because I engage in a conversation with someone? That’s funny, I just always assumed that was the main point of a forum, you know, to exchange particular views and ideas. Guess not.

Yorkyblue wrote:
Miss Arsenal wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Why are you telling a 'boro fan to get to a City forum. :lol:

And REALLY. You must read up. Football didn't start in 1996 or when Arsenal bought the league in the 30's. :)

I don't understand for the life of me why fans of other teams make accounts at teams they don't support, it makes no sense to me whatsoever, it automatically screams troll to me!!!

And I saw the Boro badge as whatever they are called avatar but because they were defending Kompany so fervently I made the assumption that was their second team!

Oh and I will definitely have to read up on football pre-1996, it's not like I could do much of it then, mostly because I was only 2 at the time!

Your age clearly shows.

I was invited to post on this forum many years ago by my sister who owns the forum. Is that okay by you?

Are you going to talk to you brother about being rude to me Trina? Out of curiosity of course.

:lol:
Is this post a joke? It seems like a joke.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Pudpop wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone know how Dzeko stayed on the pitch? 7 fouls and he showed a message on his shirt, and I don't think he even got a yellow?

did,nt lift it above his head
stupid rule within reason can,t see anything wrong with messages on a t shirt
of coares players should celebrate when they score its what the games about
as long as the time gets added on
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Zedie wrote:
Pudpop wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone know how Dzeko stayed on the pitch? 7 fouls and he showed a message on his shirt, and I don't think he even got a yellow?

Clearly, the totting up procedure doesnt count for certain players. I'll give him one thing, he doesnt moan like a bitch when he gets pulled up for something, he just slinks away into the shadows, unlike Verms who was close to getting his marching orders for his constant verbals...

You just dont speak to a guy like Mike Dean, he dont need an excuse to go off on one.

yes like when he sent eboue off at spurs before the 2nd yellow kicking out at moric he was booked for dissent
had he got himself as far away as possible he may have saved himself
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Maxduke wrote:Here you go...

Left foot gets the ball, right foot is behind him when he makes the tackle.

shocking decision
never a red card in your life
letter of the law kos sending off was right but i do believe the law is a poor 1 when a penalty is given
all that bollocks about fans laying out 62 pound
you keep 11 v 11 if you can
its not the game i grew up loving

Don't blame the law, blame the player breaking it. Kos must have known he was going to get red for that.

i,m not
i think the law is a poor 1
it was so annoying that the people where i sit had no idea why the pen was given let alone a sending off and it was right in front of us
subsequent chances to view the incident have proved that it was a penalty and could be deemed as a goalscoring opportunity. i don,t like the law and feel the same when it happens in our favour.
i find it galling as well that everyone at home can see the incident many times yet at the game you are at the mercy of the speed of your eyesight.
i would like to be treated grown up enough to watch a decision on a screen without feeling the need to burn the barricades.
starmandb

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

It's not only the spectators that are prohibited from viewing the replay, it's the referee. He might be tempted to watch it (or catch it out of the corner of his eye) if it was played in the stadium, which may alter his decision.
On the "obvious goal scoring opportunity" law, it's harsh, but there is no better alternative. If you didn't get a red for it, loads of players would be tempted to bring players down and back their keeper to save it. It would be just like diving is now... why not try it? All you get is a yellow.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:I don't care what team you support (maybe Spurs fan would be going too far) as long as your contributions are good. And you can say that about Yorkie and that boro fan.

Always enjoy reading their thoughts.

:shifty:

I agree 100% with you Starman about the Koscielny decision, the law needs to change as he didn't hurt Dzeko so I think a penalty and a yellow card would be right. The commentator made a good point yesterday though as he said it should be if they score the penalty then the player gets a yellow but if they miss the penalty then give him a red. But then you'd get people missing a penalty on purpose if it's early in the game to give their team the man advantage I guess. :/

Also yeah, the rule about the messages and taking the shirt off is also a very stupid rule, if the shirt doesn't go over his head then he doesn't get booked but if it does then he gets booked. Who's idea was this?

I saw a guy in Belgium I think it was not long ago have a message to his grandad that just passed away under his shirt, after he scored he lifted it(above his head but not off) and he was in tears, the referee booked him... You have to laugh.

The best celebrations are those that show the most passion for the game and the team they've score for(like Aguero) and they should not be punished, what's he done wrong by taking his shirt off? Is anyone offended?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 pm

starmandb wrote:

The only thing sillier than the rule is that the players keep doing it. Can't say I've scored many goals (I'm a keeper) but when I have, I've never had the slightest urge to take my shirt off. I'll never know why they do it when it's an almost guaranteed yellow.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:15 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:It's not only the spectators that are prohibited from viewing the replay, it's the referee. He might be tempted to watch it (or catch it out of the corner of his eye) if it was played in the stadium, which may alter his decision.
On the "obvious goal scoring opportunity" law, it's harsh, but there is no better alternative. If you didn't get a red for it, loads of players would be tempted to bring players down and back their keeper to save it. It would be just like diving is now... why not try it? All you get is a yellow.

i think technology should be used now
i think its stupid that we don,t have a 4th official watching a moniter and pointing out the glaringly obvious to the ref.
i don,t agree with any kind of managerial challenges
it should be at the behest of the match officials
i don,t want cricket type
woooooh is it in or out
i want a whisper in the refs ear and the right decision made.
they can show a replay as they would any other match incident without holding up the game
it would have exonerated dean yesterday
i don,t enjoy the referee being a w***er
i enjoy the right decision being made be it for us or against us
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Maxduke wrote:
Arshavinfan wrote:I don't care what team you support (maybe Spurs fan would be going too far) as long as your contributions are good. And you can say that about Yorkie and that boro fan.

Always enjoy reading their thoughts.

:shifty:

I agree 100% with you Starman about the Koscielny decision, the law needs to change as he didn't hurt Dzeko so I think a penalty and a yellow card would be right. The commentator made a good point yesterday though as he said it should be if they score the penalty then the player gets a yellow but if they miss the penalty then give him a red. But then you'd get people missing a penalty on purpose if it's early in the game to give their team the man advantage I guess. :/

Also yeah, the rule about the messages and taking the shirt off is also a very stupid rule, if the shirt doesn't go over his head then he doesn't get booked but if it does then he gets booked. Who's idea was this?

I saw a guy in Belgium I think it was not long ago have a message to his grandad that just passed away under his shirt, after he scored he lifted it(above his head but not off) and he was in tears, the referee booked him... You have to laugh.

The best celebrations are those that show the most passion for the game and the team they've score for(like Aguero) and they should not be punished, what's he done wrong by taking his shirt off? Is anyone offended?

yes it would be used for gamesmanship
no i still think a free shot at goal[all be it with a keeper] is the best way
starmandb

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Didn't the celebrations thing start when giggs showed everyone his rug? I can see that offending people :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:

The only thing sillier than the rule is that the players keep doing it. Can't say I've scored many goals (I'm a keeper) but when I have, I've never had the slightest urge to take my shirt off. I'll never know why they do it when it's an almost guaranteed yellow.

can,t argue with that
i,m still a bit old school with regards red or yellow
i
rather like the old days when if a player got sent off you knew it was for something really bad
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Didn't the celebrations thing start when giggs showed everyone his rug? I can see that offending people :lol:

mate
that giggs goal hurt like hell but i ain,t being placated by him getting booked
you score you celebrate the vanquished have to live with it
if you don,t know how to lose you don,t deserve to win
starmandb

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Anyone remember this tackle a few weeks ago by Marin on M'Bia? Check out the time it happened too. I remember quite clearly the commentator saying that if that tackle had come later in the game, Marin would have been sent off. I feel Koscielny should have received the same treatment:

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:33 pm

I think it all needs looking at anyway, it's a joke. There is hardly any difference in these 3, yet 2 are yellow cards....

Let them take the shirt off or over their head, whichever. Just set some rules. It can't be offending and must be in English (so we know what it says in case it's offending).
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13