Arsenal V Manchester City | Premier League 13/01/2013

Re: Arsenal V Manchester City | Premier League 13/01/2013

Postby Zenith » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:34 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:Anyone remember this tackle a few weeks ago by Marin on M'Bia? Check out the time it happened too. I remember quite clearly the commentator saying that if that tackle had come later in the game, Marin would have been sent off. I feel Koscielny should have received the same treatment:

Agree but not sure whether we're objective enough to claim that.

With another ref we might have gotten away with it but it is known that Mike Dean is, and has been the most frequent card puller in the league for several consecutive seasons.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:38 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:Anyone remember this tackle a few weeks ago by Marin on M'Bia? Check out the time it happened too. I remember quite clearly the commentator saying that if that tackle had come later in the game, Marin would have been sent off. I feel Koscielny should have received the same treatment:

Koscielny shouldn't of got the same treatment as Marin. Marin should of got the same treatment as Koscielny. Remember, it wasn't long ago City had a player sent off after only 5 minutes against you. ;)

I think it's 6 red in 6 games or something now between us. I don't even see them as violent games or anything. Shit just randomly happens. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

There's no such thing as too early for a red. An offence in the first minute should receive the same punishment as one in the 90th.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:47 pm

starmandb wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:It's not only the spectators that are prohibited from viewing the replay, it's the referee. He might be tempted to watch it (or catch it out of the corner of his eye) if it was played in the stadium, which may alter his decision.
On the "obvious goal scoring opportunity" law, it's harsh, but there is no better alternative. If you didn't get a red for it, loads of players would be tempted to bring players down and back their keeper to save it. It would be just like diving is now... why not try it? All you get is a yellow.

i think technology should be used now
i think its stupid that we don,t have a 4th official watching a moniter and pointing out the glaringly obvious to the ref.
i don,t agree with any kind of managerial challenges
it should be at the behest of the match officials
i don,t want cricket type
woooooh is it in or out
i want a whisper in the refs ear and the right decision made.
they can show a replay as they would any other match incident without holding up the game
it would have exonerated dean yesterday
i don,t enjoy the referee being a w***er
i enjoy the right decision being made be it for us or against us

Yes, but does that mean you stop the game every time there was something that could have been a foul so that it can be checked? Or what about offside? If you stop the game there, you've killed the attack if it was onside.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Koscielny shouldn't of got the same treatment as Marin. Marin should of got the same treatment as Koscielny. Remember, it wasn't long ago City had a player sent off after only 5 minutes against you. ;)

I think it's 6 red in 6 games or something now between us. I don't even see them as violent games or anything. Shit just randomly happens. :lol:

Boyata won the game for us ;)
The only violence between us recently that I can remember (not counting the Zabaleta/Sagna handbags... that was pissweak) went completely unpunished... and that was Balotelli's shocker on Song last season.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Would be nice to see some consistency though. The penalty was enough imo. The ref did not need to send Koscielny off as well. Its these types of decisions that make fans believe that certain refs have an agenda against certain teams.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:52 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Boyata won the game for us ;)
The only violence between us recently that I can remember (not counting the Zabaleta/Sagna handbags... that was pissweak) went completely unpunished... and that was Balotelli's shocker on Song last season.

Yeah that's all I could think of as well.

Anyway, f**k off, we're agreeing with each other a bit too much lately. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:32 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:

There's no such thing as too early for a red. An offence in the first minute should receive the same punishment as one in the 90th.

Just like a handball inside the box should be called the same as one outside of it, but they aren't.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 pm

A Manchester City fan who took a banner protesting at the high-price of a ticket to their match with Arsenal was threatened with arrest.

Blue Rick Taylor, 25, unfurled the homemade sign at the Emirates stadium before kick-off at Sunday's clash in London for which away fans were charged £62.

It read: “£62! Where will it stop?”

Moments later he was surrounded by stewards and police officers who demanded he hand it over – or face a night in the cells.

Rick, an estate agent, obliged, but has hit out at Arsenal's actions, branding them 'crazy'.

His protest came after City failed to sell 912 tickets out of their allocation of 3,000.

Arsenal, like many Premier League clubs, operate a tiered pricing system which means that they charge more for matches against bigger clubs such as City and United than they would for teams like West Brom and Wigan.

Rick, from Stalybridge, made the banner the night before the match.

He said: “I tucked it under my coat when we went in because I thought they might try to stop me.

“I saw someone else had one and the photographers were taking pictures of it so I thought it was the perfect opportunity.

“I held it up with one of my friends but within seconds a steward came over.

“He told me that while he agreed with my argument he was under strict instructions to remove it and would have to throw me out if I did not comply.

“I told him 'no way'.

“Then two police officers came over and told me that I was breaking ground regulations and if I did not hand it over they would arrest me.

“I asked them why. It was a peaceful protest and there was nothing offensive on the banner. There was certainly no problem with anyone sat close to me.

“They were adamant and I contemplated making a stand, despite the £62, but I didn't fancy getting arrested so I reluctantly handed it over.

“They gave it back to me at the end of the match but it didn't make any difference then. It was crazy.”

Rick, who spends every spare penny he has following City, believes admission prices should be capped.

“It's about time a limit was placed on it,” he said. “When you look at the revenue clubs generate not a lot of it comes from gate receipts. It's getting out of control.”

A spokesman for Arsenal said that the banner was removed because it was obstructing other supporters' views and not because of the message it carried.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers assisted stewards at the Emirates Stadium in order to prevent a breach of the peace, after away supporters were asked by stewards to take down a banner," he said.

“Officers spoke to the supporters, who had refused to take down the banner, and then assisted stewards with its removal. No arrests were made.

“The monitoring of banners inside football stadiums is a matter for club security. However, officers may assist security, for instance, where there are fears of a potential breach of the peace.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ith-arrest

Last line makes it really funny. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Özilfan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Image

Ha funny. What the hell was Koscielny thinking? It wasn't a dangerous challenge but you cannot be rugby tackling strikers in the peno box. I don't think we have much to complain about with that red card.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mel4 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm

You just know Clubs are just going crazy. If a simple banner like that will be threatened with arrest, I wonder where we are heading to.

Yeah, some may say such banners will encourage others to do same or be crazier. Bullshit!

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm

and thats wrong too. a sending off is a sending off weather it happens in the 1st or last minute
i struggle to see why a career threatning pullback in the box should warrent more than a penalty
i undertand the rules i don,t agree with this 1
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
starmandb wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:It's not only the spectators that are prohibited from viewing the replay, it's the referee. He might be tempted to watch it (or catch it out of the corner of his eye) if it was played in the stadium, which may alter his decision.
On the "obvious goal scoring opportunity" law, it's harsh, but there is no better alternative. If you didn't get a red for it, loads of players would be tempted to bring players down and back their keeper to save it. It would be just like diving is now... why not try it? All you get is a yellow.

i think technology should be used now
i think its stupid that we don,t have a 4th official watching a moniter and pointing out the glaringly obvious to the ref.
i don,t agree with any kind of managerial challenges
it should be at the behest of the match officials
i don,t want cricket type
woooooh is it in or out
i want a whisper in the refs ear and the right decision made.
they can show a replay as they would any other match incident without holding up the game
it would have exonerated dean yesterday
i don,t enjoy the referee being a w***er
i enjoy the right decision being made be it for us or against us

Yes, but does that mean you stop the game every time there was something that could have been a foul so that it can be checked? Or what about offside? If you stop the game there, you've killed the attack if it was onside.

no mate
you let the ref run the game exactly as he would but if something is glaringly obvious the 4th official has the ability to alert the ref.when i said show a replay i meant to us treating us like grown ups in the stadium not a 4th official pouring over everything.he spots something and says ref you made a mistake there
if its something subjective you leave it in the hands of the ref
starmandb

Postby Ammaar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 am

Well, what is there to say?

Koscielny is a very talented player, but he is not a player you want for a big, high-pressure game. He is too rash with his tackling and panics in the penalty box which has cost us a trophy two years ago and has cost us 6 points this season. I like him a lot, but until he is more composed and learns how to stand his ground better, he simply needs to be dropped.

Wilshere was amazing, but I do worry over us overplaying him. Also the longer we go on without silverware and the longer we stagnate, the interest in him will magnify. I fear that it is only a matter of time before we build him up only to sell the finished article to City or United in the next two years.

Ramsey played well too, he worked hard, retained possession and threaded some nice balls, in particular the one to Walcott where Lescott cleared off the line.

Cazorla has been crap since the Reading game - he has been played a lot this season, but he is misplacing a lot of simple passes and he doesn't play as many incisive, through balls to carve defences open anymore. We should be having Arshavin or Rosicky to fill in for him while Cazorla gets some rest, but they probably slept with Wenger's daughter because that's the only rational explanation for their exclusions from the squad, assuming both are fit.

Sagna has been better than he was in the last 3 games, but I still think he has lost a yard of pace and his awareness and positioning is off - he was one of the best right backs in the world a few seasons ago, but the two leg breaks have clearly affected him. We need to be in the market for another RB.

Podolski was one of our best players yesterday and I was really hacked off Wenger subbed him off around the 61st minute for Giroud, who I feel has flattered to deceive this season, despite his 9 goals and 8 assists thus far. He was crap yesterday as well, very underwhelming.

Vermaelen seems to switch off too often and he loses focus easily - it was his lack of focus and poor positioning that led to the opener (good finish from Milner though).

I said yesterday that playing Walcott against City's defence as a lone striker will not work because he does not have the poise, strength, agility and ability to hold-up the ball. He tried to play off the shoulder of the CB's and Kompany read him like a book. Bad decision from Wenger.

It was a spirited second half performance, but we still lacked a cutting edge and really, City had done their job in the first half.

The thing is there is a strategy to play with 10 men that can lead to a team getting a result from the game, but because we can't defend for shit and because we lack the mental attributes of a confident side, I knew we were screwed once we were down to 10 men. You could see that the players were feeling sorry for themselves and Wenger had a defeatist body language. He just sat there in his chair hoping we didn't get slaughtered, not the body language I wanted to see from the gaffer.

Whilst we're on the topic of the gaffer, I think he needs to go. He gets paid £8m a year - more than any football manager in Europe - for achieving the bare minimum expected of us. He is not performing miracles at all, as some suggest and we need change. I hope he steps down at the end of the season. He was one of the best things to happen to the English game, but it's clear as day his time is up.
Ammaar
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13