Swansea V Arsenal | FA Cup 06/01/2013

Re: Swansea V Arsenal | FA Cup 06/01/2013

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Douglie27 wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:You guys think this wasn't set up? From our side? Our board would love to fill the emirates an extra match and snatch a few more million. We could have won this game easy, there's something very fishy behind all this.

So you're thinking that risking a defeat to fill up our stadium is a better business action that actually winning this competition?

No I don't. But the board and etc do.

Fair enough.Those sly c*nts :sneaky:

:hail:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:49 pm

On Wenger complaining about not being given the penalty, I believe there was contact if you look closely. Ramsey kicked the other player and then kicked himself as a result. Obviously that's not enough for a pen though. Someone probably told Wenger this because he "didn't want to see it" himself and he took it the wrong way.
“Sometimes there is nothing better in life than being a Gooner” (Kevin Campbell)
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Kyle? » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:^he said that?

It's on the bbc live text thing, it's his post match interview.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Kyle? wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:^he said that?

It's on the bbc live text thing, it's his post match interview.

Obviously he didn't see the highlights
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Lee71*98*02 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:00 pm

The pitch fouled him. And the pitch is on their team so its a stonewall pen.
Lee71*98*02
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trina » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 pm

on the match…
We should have won this game. I felt the first half was a bit locked and one-paced, as much as the second half became much more open. I think in the second half we created many chances and suddenly found ourselves 1-0 down. We have shown character and quality. I felt when we conceded the corner [that led to the second goal], we lacked a little bit [of] calmness and focus. It’s frustrating to concede a goal just like that on a corner where we couldn’t clear the ball before the corner. Even on the corner, we were first to the ball and didn’t win the ball. We have shown quality and heart and it’s quite good if we can repeat that.

on getting back into the game…
We kept going. I felt that we always created chances from midfield. Their keeper kept them in the game and Kieran Gibbs had an outstanding game. He gets better and better. When you see this kind of game, it’s very positive.

on if Arsenal should have had a penalty…
It was one and the referee saw it. You know why he didn’t give it? Because he thought the guy had not done it on purpose, [which] I think as well. It was accidental but he [Ramsey] didn’t trip himself. He was caught clearly by the leg of the Swansea player. I don’t know who it was. He had a hesitation, the referee, and in the end he didn’t give it.

The problem is we could have had a penalty but that can happen, but after [we could have] gone down to 10 men and down 1-0 as well. Overall, we have shown good mental quality.

on a replay and fixture congestion…
I am frustrated because I wouldn’t want one, but if that’s the choice between going out or staying in the hat, I take the replay. [We] play at the Emirates. They have many games as well. We have a [rearranged game] against West Ham on January 23.

on if the squad can cope with so many games…
Yes, if we have no injuries. Today we had four players at home, and I didn’t bring on Chamberlain, Coquelin [or] Rosicky. Diaby’s coming back and if we find one or two on the transfer market, then why not.

on if the extra fixture heightens the need for new players…
Let’s first keep the players we have and maybe add one or two. We lost Chamakh and Djourou now, so there’s some room.

on Giroud’s knee…
He has a big scar but I think he should be OK now.

on Kyle Bartley…
He had a good game. He had a little bit a lack of experience. He was especially impatient and I couldn’t promise him to play with the number of centre backs we had. He came here [to Swansea], he has not played a lot, because he has been injured. We bought him when he was at Bolton, when he was a young boy of 16 years of age. We know he has the quality. He played at Rangers. Sometimes when the players have been out on loan and have played a lot, they do not want to wait anymore when they come back.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... d-quality-
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Ok so Wenger was a little misquoted, I agree with what he said. He's not saying it was a sure pen and that it was on purpose.^
“Sometimes there is nothing better in life than being a Gooner” (Kevin Campbell)
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 pm

I have just got in from work... Break it to me gently...
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:48 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:I have just got in from work... Break it to me gently...

1-0 down, 2-1 up with a world class goal, hit self-destruct button.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm

We were quiet in the first half and they had some chances, notably Bartley's header. We dominated the second half however. Michu came on and scored and we had to really chase it. We ended up knocking in 2 goals but in typical Arsenal fashion, we let them score late off a set piece (zonal marking :BangHead: ). Overall I think we deserved the victory to be honest. It was an impressive performance and we showed great spirit but once again, silly defensive mistakes have cost us.
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:52 pm

Douglie27 wrote:

We were quiet in the first half and they had some chances, notably Bartley's header. We dominated the second half however. Michu came on and scored and we had to really chase it. We ended up knocking in 2 goals but in typical Arsenal fashion, we let them score late off a set piece (zonal marking :BangHead: ). Overall I think we deserved the victory to be honest. It was an impressive performance and we showed great spirit but once again, silly defensive mistakes have cost us.

Cheers pal. Oh God, sounds like I didn't miss much, just the usual. Replay then, we'll win that :)
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:54 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:

Cheers pal. Oh God, sounds like I didn't miss much, just the usual. Replay then, we'll win that :)

You've got to see Gibbs's goal which should have won us the match.

http://videos.sapo.pt/BOl2njp3lYfZEZYSb2vP
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
Goonerfromafrica wrote:You guys think this wasn't set up? From our side? Our board would love to fill the emirates an extra match and snatch a few more million. We could have won this game easy, there's something very fishy behind all this.

So you're thinking that risking a defeat to fill up our stadium is a better business action that actually winning this competition?

No I don't. But the board and etc do.

Fair enough.Those sly c*nts :sneaky:

:hail:

I can agree with the sentiment, especially since those cheeky buggers on the board are classing the replay as Category B when the PL match was category C. It doesn't make sense really because no matter what they class it as, because it's the FA cup, the Foreign team will get half of the reciepts so the club end up with less than a normal matchday anyway.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Özilfan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:56 pm

It's just not our year lads. I think this is the tipping point season - like that last season Liverpool had with Rafa - we'll slip out of the top four, won't win any trophies, and will be overtaken by Spurs.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:59 pm

Douglie27 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:

You've got to see Gibbs's goal which should have won us the match.

http://videos.sapo.pt/BOl2njp3lYfZEZYSb2vP

Beastly! Gibbs thinking he's a striker there.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13