Swansea V Arsenal | FA Cup 06/01/2013

Re: Swansea V Arsenal | FA Cup 06/01/2013

Postby Özilfan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
Douglie27 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:I have just got in from work... Break it to me gently...

We were quiet in the first half and they had some chances, notably Bartley's header. We dominated the second half however. Michu came on and scored and we had to really chase it. We ended up knocking in 2 goals but in typical Arsenal fashion, we let them score late off a set piece (zonal marking :BangHead: ). Overall I think we deserved the victory to be honest. It was an impressive performance and we showed great spirit but once again, silly defensive mistakes have cost us.

Cheers pal. Oh God, sounds like I didn't miss much, just the usual. Replay then, we'll win that :)

You've got to see Gibbs's goal which should have won us the match.

http://videos.sapo.pt/BOl2njp3lYfZEZYSb2vP

Beastly! Gibbs thinking he's a striker there.

Who does Gibbo think he is - Roberto Carlos?
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm

We played well, dominated the game which was happy with.

we looked rather toothless infront of goal however, and defensively we where crap, as a team first and foremost, the center backs struggled however receive poor help from the team who were not organized to press properly.

Sorry but after yet another rubbish performance, we need to question why Wenger starts Ramsey anymore?

So a mix today.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:57 pm

elkanofan wrote:We played well, dominated the game which was happy with.

we looked rather toothless infront of goal however, and defensively we where crap, as a team first and foremost, the center backs struggled however receive poor help from the team who were not organized to press properly.

Sorry but after yet another rubbish performance, we need to question why Wenger starts Ramsey anymore?

So a mix today.

Do you think he was rubbish? I thought he was fine for the most part. He was always dangerous and he's a skill full player. He tries to do too much by himself though and often that's his downfall. I wasn't incredibly impressed but at the same time I thought he did a fine enough job.
“Sometimes there is nothing better in life than being a Gooner” (Kevin Campbell)
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Maxduke » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Ramsey was definitely not your worst player. For me, that was Cazorla who never even looked like he wanted to get involved.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby lexalove » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Maxduke wrote:Ramsey was definitely not your worst player. For me, that was Cazorla who never even looked like he wanted to get involved.

Good to get an outside unbiased view Max.
Question: I don't know how much Arsenal games you see but what do you, as an outsider, think is the reason Arsenal are having so many below par performances & results this season?
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Maxduke » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm

lexalove wrote:
Maxduke wrote:Ramsey was definitely not your worst player. For me, that was Cazorla who never even looked like he wanted to get involved.

Question: I don't know how much Arsenal games you see but what do you, as an outsider, think is the reason Arsenal are having so many below par performances & results this season?

I watch the majority of your games so I can post on here and not look a fool. :lol:

I think the main reason you're not doing well is your passing lacks urgency at times, and not getting through teams ike past Arsenal teams have and so are not scoring enough.

When you consider 23 of your 40 league goals have come in 4 games then that means in the other 16 you've only scored 17 which just isn't good enough for a side near the top. You do know how to break teams down(you've scored 23 in 4 games lol) but you saw today, you were passing without any real purpose and as soon as Swansea scored you saw a lot more urgency in your play and you scored 2 goals very quickly.

This post from Massa on what your style has been this season pretty much sums up my opinion.

Massa wrote:pass and hope
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Maxduke wrote:
lexalove wrote:

I watch the majority of your games so I can post on here and not look a fool. :lol:

I think the main reason you're not doing well is your passing lacks urgency at times, and not getting through teams ike past Arsenal teams have and so are not scoring enough.

When you consider 23 of your 40 league goals have come in 4 games then that means in the other 16 you've only scored 17 which just isn't good enough for a side near the top. You do know how to break teams down(you've scored 23 in 4 games lol) but you saw today, you were passing without any real purpose and as soon as Swansea scored you saw a lot more urgency in your play and you scored 2 goals very quickly.

This post from Massa on what your style has been this season pretty much sums up my opinion.

You've hit the nail on the head and your point can be proven mostly by the fact that when we were urgent after we fell behind, we were playing some great stuff. Whenever we are behind, we always look like coming back. When we're ahead on the other hand, the urgency drops and we concede like we did today.
“Sometimes there is nothing better in life than being a Gooner” (Kevin Campbell)
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby lexalove » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Maxduke wrote:
lexalove wrote:

Couldn't disagree with anything you say.
What has changed? You say past Arsenal teams have played with more urgency and purpose, and I agree, so why do you think we are not doing the same now?
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Maxduke wrote:
lexalove wrote:

thanks
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 pm

The late goal shows AGAIN why we desperately need a DM. Arteta doesn't know how to defend, he's been playing a more attacking role his whole career and nobody shouldmexpect him to adjust to a different position so quickly. Why didn't he go to the ball and close him down p? Why didn't he jump? Cause he's not a bloody defensive midfielder and that's that.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maxduke » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Douglie27 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
lexalove wrote:

You've hit the nail on the head and your point can be proven mostly by the fact that when we were urgent after we fell behind, we were playing some great stuff. Whenever we are behind, we always look like coming back. When we're ahead on the other hand, the urgency drops and we concede like we did today.

Agreed, I said as soon as Swansea scored they won't win this,

lexalove wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
lexalove wrote:

Couldn't disagree with anything you say.
What has changed? You say past Arsenal teams have played with more urgency and purpose, and I agree, so why do you think we are not doing the same now?

No idea mate, all I can think of is the players that have left. Obviously losing Fabregas had a massive impact on your play in the final 3rd and maybe it wasn't noticed as much last year as RVP was scoring everything he touched, plus Song was popping up with some class passes too.

Massa wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
lexalove wrote:

thanks

You're welcome.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby golfinguy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:35 pm

So a mix today.

I don't really think we played well for the most part, only the second half - which was also when we turned off and allowed goals, so that has mixed feelings.

We still lacked any urgency, movement, chances taken and putting a player through for most of the match. Only picked it up when we were scored on. Even Cazorla seemed out of it. Jack seems tired. Arteta has never been fast..... Walcott inconsistent again, Ramsey slows down play too much, and Giroud missed a good chance. Generally poor play.

Gibbs was really good going forward and that was a fantastic goal - but he left gaping holes in the back at times.

I was begging for Rosicky to come on, even Ox ffs. Someone that will take the game to the opposition, rather than waiting. Wenger made only one change though, more were needed IMO.

We really didn't need a replay with a Boxing Day game to make up already.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Douglie27 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Fabregas might be they key to this because I started noticing this problem primarily last season. Remember how we set a record of winning 5 matches in a row from losing positions? This is no coincidence. It's interesting that we are so much better when we go down.
Douglie27
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Swan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm

Goonerfromafrica wrote:The late goal shows AGAIN why we desperately need a DM. Arteta doesn't know how to defend, he's been playing a more attacking role his whole career and nobody shouldmexpect him to adjust to a different position so quickly. Why didn't he go to the ball and close him down p? Why didn't he jump? Cause he's not a bloody defensive midfielder and that's that.

i think it had to do more with this zonal corners then that.. his zone was covering the post and line and he didn't know if he should leave it to shut the space down.. f***ing bonkers if you ask me..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 pm

Douglie27 wrote:

So a mix today.

Do you think he was rubbish? I thought he was fine for the most part. He was always dangerous and he's a skill full player. He tries to do too much by himself though and often that's his downfall. I wasn't incredibly impressed but at the same time I thought he did a fine enough job.

Like the general consensus really lack of any incisiveness or teeth in the final 3rd. but with Ramsey, his careless tackling and that silly dive in the second half which could have easily seen him sent off!

The only worthwhile thing he did all game a good cross to Giroud, that was it!

Again when it comes tot he team, we are not working fluidly as a unit, we seem to attack as individuals,this shows in our passing, we just pass the ball around aimlessly and wait for something special to happen.

I don't really think we played well for the most part, only the second half - which was also when we turned off and allowed goals, so that has mixed feelings.

Having witness the shower of shit at the emirates when we lost 2-0, the domination of possession was a more than welcome plus point.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13