Southampton V Arsenal | Premier League 01/01/2013

Re: Southampton V Arsenal | Premier League 01/01/2013

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Jay22 wrote:Really think it's the player's mentality that need to change than major changes in the squad. Our squad is good (not world class, but enough to challenge for top honors), it's the mentality and "happy to collect a paycheck without doing anything" mindset that needs to be changed. That needs to come both at the board and the player levels.

I agree, but its down to the manager to get the best out of his players. Why do we go into games with such lethargy? Why do we often not turn up until the 60th minute? I've read that Wenger doesn't do the hair dryer approach, he wants his players calm rather than pumped up - I call it the Enya factor. I believe that Wenger is the problem his excuse culture has bred complacency and his Enya Factor approach to games leads to lacklustre performances.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Jay22 wrote:Really think it's the player's mentality that need to change than major changes in the squad. Our squad is good (not world class, but enough to challenge for top honors), it's the mentality and "happy to collect a paycheck without doing anything" mindset that needs to be changed. That needs to come both at the board and the player levels.

I agree, but its down to the manager to get the best out of his players. Why do we go into games with such lethargy? Why do we often not turn up until the 60th minute? I've read that Wenger doesn't do the hair dryer approach, he wants his players calm rather than pumped up - I call it the Enya factor. I believe that Wenger is the problem his excuse culture has bred complacency and his Enya Factor approach to games leads to lacklustre performances.

I agree PG, the coach should also be a motivator and leader, and Wenger has admitted he isn't. It's sad really.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:35 pm

And yet people still believe he is the best man for the job.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:49 pm

dn't see the game but di he change anything once we saw the way the game was going.. i'm not talking about subs but was our formation changed did we chnage the way we started playing, i'm guessing not and that is down to wenger. when what we are doing is not woring he has to change it up and he doesn't
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Swan wrote:dn't see the game but di he change anything once we saw the way the game was going.. i'm not talking about subs but was our formation changed did we chnage the way we started playing, i'm guessing not and that is down to wenger. when what we are doing is not woring he has to change it up and he doesn't

He brought on Giroud relatively early which was the right move, but for some reason the players took that opportunity to stop crossing the ball in.

Was just a complete shambles in the end
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Poor performance. Went from banging in 7 to me saying settle for a point. Cannot win them all.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Swan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Swan wrote:dn't see the game but di he change anything once we saw the way the game was going.. i'm not talking about subs but was our formation changed did we chnage the way we started playing, i'm guessing not and that is down to wenger. when what we are doing is not woring he has to change it up and he doesn't

He brought on Giroud relatively early which was the right move, but for some reason the players took that opportunity to stop crossing the ball in.
Was just a complete shambles in the end

lol of course..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby lexalove » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Jay22 wrote:Really thi it's player's mentality that need to change than major changes in the squad. Our squad is good (not world class, but enough to challenge for top honors), it's the mentality and "happy to collect a paycheck without doing anything" mindset that needs to be changed. That needs to come both at the board and the player levels.

I agree PG, the coach should also be a motivator and leader, and Wenger has admitted he isn't. It's sad really.

Agree with you 100% PG. Wenger's whole attitude has bread complacency. 4th place is seen as success and mediocrity is rewarded with huge contracts.

Until this mentality is changed we will never achieve anything. I dont believe Wenger is the right man to take the club back to winning ways.
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Popey » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:52 pm

lexalove wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Jay22 wrote:Really thi it's player's mentality that need to change than major changes in the squad. Our squad is good (not world class, but enough to challenge for top honors), it's the mentality and "happy to collect a paycheck without doing anything" mindset that needs to be changed. That needs to come both at the board and the player levels.

Agree with you 100% PG. Wenger's whole attitude has bread complacency. 4th place is seen as success and mediocrity is rewarded with huge contracts.

Until this mentality is changed we will never achieve anything. I dont believe Wenger is the right man to take the club back to winning ways.

exactly! that's a big problem I think

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby billie86 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Massa wrote:at least gervinho is at the ACN

take it to the positive energy thread
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 pm

haha
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 pm

billie86 wrote:
Massa wrote:at least gervinho is at the ACN

take it to the positive energy thread
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Sabri Lamouchi, the head coach of Ivory Coast was at St. Mary's Stadium yesterday and a few hours after that had announced that Gervinho won't be needed by his team anymore.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:23 am

Fran Solo wrote:Sabri Lamouchi, the head coach of Ivory Coast was at St. Mary's Stadium yesterday and a few hours after that had announced that Gervinho won't be needed by his team anymore.

Shut up. Is this true?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 am

ffa
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13