Arsenal V Newcastle | Premier League 29/12/2012

Re: Arsenal V Newcastle | Premier League 29/12/2012

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Worrying signs from Sagna IMO. He was poor again yesterday. Players seem to beat him much easier since the injury... I hope it's just a form thing.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah he looks a bit heavy lately, seems to accelerate a lot slower than he used to.

As you said, hopefully it's down to poor form rather than anything else.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet (and I'm only saying this because I see that people are giving Cazorla 7+ ratings in the player ratings thread), but I felt Cazorla was unnoticeable in this game. Maybe its just me, but you would think that when we score 7 goals like we did, that Cazorla would be one of the influential players or, at the very least, be involved in many of the goals. I would even go as far as to say that Sagna was better than Cazorla in this game...

...Or have I missed something
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 pm

starmandb wrote:
Zedie wrote:Gibbs asleep. We're going to lose this 5-4

come on mate
you need to stay behind us in game
never seen us concede 5 at home in a league game
still aint

I was going to post a response to myself, but forgot! Fighting spirit shone through and proved me well wrong, never lose the faith!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:46 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet (and I'm only saying this because I see that people are giving Cazorla 7+ ratings in the player ratings thread), but I felt Cazorla was unnoticeable in this game. Maybe its just me, but you would think that when we score 7 goals like we did, that Cazorla would be one of the influential players or, at the very least, be involved in many of the goals. I would even go as far as to say that Sagna was better than Cazorla in this game...

He didn't exactly set the world alight, but then again he got an assist for 1 of the goals and put in a shift as ever. I'm kinda glad almost that our play wasn't just going through him again, we've fallen foul of relying on one player too much in the past and yesterday's performance was anything but that.

If the others carry thier personal belief over to the remaining games, and we get some proper reinforcments, I can't see any reason why we can't kick on from here and really kick on. While defending seems to have gone out of the window on some games, I'm really bouyed by the fact that we have scored shed loads from different areas and wenger is acknowledging that sometimes the system has to change to make in roads.

Going back to cazorla, I'm perfectly fine with him having quiet days if the others are stepping up, it just means we can look to others to make the difference.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Zedie wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet (and I'm only saying this because I see that people are giving Cazorla 7+ ratings in the player ratings thread), but I felt Cazorla was unnoticeable in this game. Maybe its just me, but you would think that when we score 7 goals like we did, that Cazorla would be one of the influential players or, at the very least, be involved in many of the goals. I would even go as far as to say that Sagna was better than Cazorla in this game...

He didn't exactly set the world alight, but then again he got an assist for 1 of the goals and put in a shift as ever. I'm kinda glad almost that our play wasn't just going through him again, we've fallen foul of relying on one player too much in the past and yesterday's performance was anything but that.

If the others carry thier personal belief over to the remaining games, and we get some proper reinforcments, I can't see any reason why we can't kick on from here and really kick on. While defending seems to have gone out of the window on some games, I'm really bouyed by the fact that we have scored shed loads from different areas and wenger is acknowledging that sometimes the system has to change to make in roads.

Going back to cazorla, I'm perfectly fine with him having quiet days if the others are stepping up, it just means we can look to others to make the difference.

I agree. I don't want a one man team, it would be too easy to crowd Cazorla or anyone out.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby T.Jonker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 am

I absolutely loved this game. Great performance except for some weak defending. Walcott was on fire, imo he showed that he deserves the CF role. Loved Chamberlain too.
T.Jonker
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:01 am

If Walcott hadnt torn Newcastle a new one, Podolski would have been motm for me. He was absolutely immense! That guy is a champion.

Intelligent runs and passing, tackling was superb, broke up loads of play and chased down lost causes making something out of nothing, put his head on a suicide ball (ie nearly got his head caved in by thier defender for his goal. There were times that he looked like a world class LB in that game.

What a shift!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13