Wigan V Arsenal | Premier League 22/12/2012

Re: Wigan V Arsenal | Premier League 22/12/2012

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:06 pm

I was there. It wasn't pretty but we won and that is all that matters. Although those 4 minuite everyone really felt we were going to throw it away. If that had happened I'd really have been p***ed! A great game from Shez (helped by the fact that Wigan couldn't shoot straight or put in a good cross) Ox and JAck did what was needed in midfield and Santi put in a number of great moves as well. Theo had a few chances to score but al habsi was there every time (And he was clearly tripped from where I was)

One thing that was quite amusing was that the wigan fans went nuts with an angry reaction consitantly shortly after we scored for no apparent reason until the ref gave the next free kick. I hope our saying that titus bramble left because they are s*** didn't upset them. :D
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Swan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:02 pm

was that when di santos ( whatever his name is) had to go off for a cut and the ref wouldn't let him back on until the ball went out even though he was treated and ready to go back on
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zenith » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 am

Swan wrote:was that when di santos ( whatever his name is) had to go off for a cut and the ref wouldn't let him back on until the ball went out even though he was treated and ready to go back on

Di Santo was temporarily sent off to remove his earring. :lol:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Swan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 am

Zenith wrote:
Swan wrote:was that when di santos ( whatever his name is) had to go off for a cut and the ref wouldn't let him back on until the ball went out even though he was treated and ready to go back on

Di Santo was temporarily sent off to remove his earring. :lol:

oh was that what it was. i didn't see why just guessed thts what happened
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 am

About winning ugly: I can accept it against top teams, not team like Wigan. Last season's away win at Anfield is a good example (Last minute RvP goal when we've been dominated).
About Walcott and Cazorla: In their defence, I think technical and speedy players will suffer the most from a bad pitch. So I won't really blame them for playing below average. Meanwhile, Ox did really well. What bothers me the most is the fact that Sagna and Gibbs. They should not burst forward that often. They got caught and having a hard time recovering. The pitch was not ideal for overlapping. Lucky for us, Wigan's crosses were awful and our CB's were good enough.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 am

I do believe it was but we didn't know that so it was quite amusing seeing Wigan fans go beserk for no apparent reason. :arse fan:
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Swan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:27 am

suckers...lol
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:I was there. It wasn't pretty but we won and that is all that matters. Although those 4 minuite everyone really felt we were going to throw it away. If that had happened I'd really have been p***ed! A great game from Shez (helped by the fact that Wigan couldn't shoot straight or put in a good cross) Ox and JAck did what was needed in midfield and Santi put in a number of great moves as well. Theo had a few chances to score but al habsi was there every time (And he was clearly tripped from where I was)

One thing that was quite amusing was that the wigan fans went nuts with an angry reaction consitantly shortly after we scored for no apparent reason until the ref gave the next free kick. I hope our saying that titus bramble left because they are s*** didn't upset them. :D

I'm surprised the Wigan fans are capable of anything more than complete indifference
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm still not happy about the fact that Wenger didn't use all 3 subs. ARSHAVINNNNN
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:46 am

yosifun wrote:I actually thought Walcott was pushed, he might have helped the ref to blow the whistle a bit..

Anyway, the players and most of all Wenger should be ashamed a penalty won us the game, our va va voom football is turning into fade memories..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

ashamed? va va voom football? not much on show in a dire 99/00 1-1 draw at relegated sheff weds a dire game our worst performance in 3 years a point rescued by petit
or our 1-1 00/01 1-1 draw at relegated bradford where ashley cole rescued a point and bradford wasted 2 good chances to win it at the death
or our 1-1 draw at relegated leicester by the invincibles 03/04 gilberto rescued a point .cole was sent off for a reckless challenge and pires was an absolute legend but he put in the kind of feckless display on this day that would have had many of our currant crop hung drawn and quartered
or our 1-1 draw at relegated crystal palace 04/05 where a henry goal was a bright spark where we lacked the invention to deal with 10 men behind the ball
or our 1-1 draw at relegated southampton same season thanks to jose antonio
thats the thing about memories they are unreliable and rose tinted glasses can mask a multitude of sins
i would,nt have felt ashamed had we garnered a penalty on any of the above occasions
thats football and sometimes you have to dig in and get a win .
thats what we did on saturday
3 points
i love it
let everybody else ring there hands
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am

starmandb wrote:
yosifun wrote:I actually thought Walcott was pushed, he might have helped the ref to blow the whistle a bit..

Anyway, the players and most of all Wenger should be ashamed a penalty won us the game, our va va voom football is turning into fade memories..

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

ashamed? va va voom football? not much on show in a dire 99/00 1-1 draw at relegated sheff weds a dire game our worst performance in 3 years a point rescued by petit
or our 1-1 00/01 1-1 draw at relegated bradford where ashley cole rescued a point and bradford wasted 2 good chances to win it at the death
or our 1-1 draw at relegated leicester by the invincibles 03/04 gilberto rescued a point .cole was sent off for a reckless challenge and pires was an absolute legend but he put in the kind of feckless display on this day that would have had many of our currant crop hung drawn and quartered
or our 1-1 draw at relegated crystal palace 04/05 where a henry goal was a bright spark where we lacked the invention to deal with 10 men behind the ball
or our 1-1 draw at relegated southampton same season thanks to jose antonio
thats the thing about memories they are unreliable and rose tinted glasses can mask a multitude of sins
i would,nt have felt ashamed had we garnered a penalty on any of the above occasions
thats football and sometimes you have to dig in and get a win .
thats what we did on saturday
3 points
i love it
let everybody else ring there hands

Much of this!! ^^

I couldn't care less how Arsenal win, once we win!!! truly.

You think the invincibles didnt' have a few dodgy games where it didn't work out?

For those of us who remember defeats like Ipswich, West Ham, Nayiiiimmmmm, Galatasaray, (Cup final defeats) then ANY win is a good win.

1 Nil to the Arsenal does it for me - every time. Whether it's a peno, or a deflected goal from a mishit shot, a win is a win!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13