Bradford V Arsenal | Capital One Cup 11/12/2012

Re: Bradford V Arsenal | Capital One Cup 11/12/2012

Postby prolific » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm

nice choice of picture on Arsenal.com...

las stand.

January could see us sign players to get our season back on track but the upcoming summer is huge. infact so is January. Ship those offering little and just f***ing sign players. I don't care if theres 2 stars for 1 position.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 pm

The fact that Gervinho stayed on the pitch for the entire 120 minutes shows Wenger puts his ego ahead of the best interests of the team.

The fact that Podolski still played on the LHS despite him having been below par consistently in the recent past on the LHS shows Wenger's stubbornness to change.

The fact that Wenger continues to employ Ramsey as a winger when he has been piss poor in that position shows Wenger's refusal to admit his mistakes.

Not saying the board is Scot free but are the above three factors got anything to do with the board?
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Actually it says "THE TLAS STAND"
Which is basically:

"THE LAST STAND"

Hopefully
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby thrice » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 pm

thrice
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

I hope the 3% that voted for Gervinho were taking the piss.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:I hope the 3% that voted for Gervinho were taking the piss.

I think Wenger must have hired a few blokes to vote for his Messi.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Popey wrote:I'm really happy I missed the game. how can we lose a game like that? against a 4th division club. this is crazy. and we also played with our starting line-up. what a shame. and then hearing wenger moaning about the pitch and how good our efford was makes me even more angry. what a joke of a manager he has become. I don't think his still the right man to manage this team. he's lost it. as a team we are playing horrible. we are playing with players like chamakh and gervinho who are a waste and should be sold a long time ago.

but I also wonder about some of our players. I mean they are all international players. who can you play like that against a 4th division side? also how can a player like santi or vermaelen miss a pen against a keeper like that?
I'm so angry right now with the whole team and the manager.

I was thinking the same tbh. Not making any excuses for Wenger because he certainly doesn't deserve any sympathy after that kind of performance. But our players should be able to go out there and trounce Bradford at least 5-0 without Wenger having to say a word. I swear our players are such pansies sometimes :disgust:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby billie86 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

I think Wenger must have hired a few blokes to vote for his Messi.

They were probably trying to click rosicky but missed
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby billie86 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Torquay were tougher opponents than Arsenal, says Bradford captain

• Gary Jones: Arsenal should be embarrassed by cup defeat
• 'No disrespect to us but they should be beating Bradford City'

The Bradford City captain, Gary Jones, believes Arsenal's stars ought to be embarrassed by their Capital One Cup quarter-final exit at Valley Parade on Tuesday and he twisted the knife when he said that Torquay United had put up more of a fight against his team in Saturday's League Two meeting.

Bradford advanced on penalties after the tie had finished 1-1, with a clutch of Arsenal players underperforming on a bitterly cold night. It was the first time since the FA Cup defeat by Wrexham in 1992 that Arsenal had lost to opposition from English football's fourth tier and the result intensified the focus on Arsène Wenger and his methods.

The manager, though, retains the unwavering and unequivocal support of the club's majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, and the chief executive, Ivan Gazidis. They have stood by him resolutely, including after the wobbles from earlier in the season, most notably the Premier League defeats at Norwich City and against Swansea City at home, and they will continue to do so.

Jones had played in Bradford's 1-0 home win over Torquay, which foreshadowed the Arsenal tie and the comparison that he drew was less than favourable for the Premier League club. "I think Torquay gave us a tougher game," Jones said. "It was like a role reversal against them. Torquay defended well against us and we defended really well against Arsenal. The lads were unbelievable."

Bradford's team on Tuesday cost £7,500 to assemble, as opposed to Arsenal's £65m – Wenger started with eight of his first-choice players – and Jones was asked whether Arsenal should be embarrassed.

"Without a shadow of a doubt," he replied. "No disrespect to us and our lads but they should be beating Bradford City. But team spirit means a lot and it can take a team a long way. We have a massive team spirit and we showed it.

"When we saw their teamsheet, we couldn't believe it. Steve Parkin [the assistant manager] wrote their side down and at the bottom he wrote 'poor team', exclamation mark. I thought they would have a lot of youth players and a bit of experience but nothing like that turned up. They came here and it was probably the best chance of a trophy they'll have this year. I think it was Arsène Wenger's worst nightmare going to penalties. The lads were full of confidence and I think that showed."

Arsenal will seek to put the result behind them and focus on their league programme which, on paper at least, looks favourable. They play at Reading on Monday night and, afterwards, they face Wigan Athletic (away), West Ham United, Newcastle United (both home) and Southampton (away). Their inconsistency has been frustrating but the players, apart from a few grumbles, remain behind Wenger, who continued to stick up for them in public after Bradford.

There is, though, friction between Wenger and the assistant manager, Steve Bould, who was promoted in the summer from his role as the Under-18 academy coach. Wenger has, on occasion, betrayed his exasperation at questions that extol Bould's influence and he is clear about who is in charge of all technical aspects at the club. Bould replaced Wenger's long-standing assistant Pat Rice.

Wenger has also been vexed regularly since the Norwich defeat on 20 October about his team's inability to create chances and at Bradford they did not force a save from the goalkeeper Matt Duke until the 70th minute. "We were surprised how comfortable we were," Jones said. "They didn't really have too many shots on goal. They tried to play too much football, especially down the middle. We defended really well and our organisation and discipline were really good.

"The only lapse of concentration was when the lad scored near the end. Apart from that I thought we defended really well."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... tain-jones
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Thank you Gary Jones.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheArsenalPost » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Stating the obvious much.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 am

probably yiddos
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 am

TheArsenalPost wrote:Stating the obvious much.

Which is something AW never does...
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Arsenal is in free fall, hard to watch.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheArsenalPost » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 am

Pudpop wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:Stating the obvious much.

Which is something AW never does...

Maybe because it's obvious? :dontknow:

Any moron can see how poor we were/have been/are. Saying it doesn't fix the problems.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13