Olympiacos V Arsenal | Champions League 04/12/2012

Re: Olympiacos V Arsenal | Champions League 04/12/2012

Postby Est83 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Anyone know why Rosicky came off?

Please tell me it's because Wenger didn't really give a shit, and thought "ah, Rosicky's clearly ready for the first team now... I better get him off before his leg falls off!"

Lots of biased little decisions from the ref, really wanted to kick him in the shins and twist his ears after that dodgey corner. But still, the game didn't count for much, so I suppose it was good just to see some of the fringe players. Still pissed me off though, there was a turning point (probably when the Greeks thought "they aint all that when that Czech fella aint on the pitch!") when you could see we were off the pace and you just knew Olympiacos were gonna come back into it... I hate that feeling.

Ramsey showed more drive and willingness to get forward, and clearly plays better with someone like Rosicky in the team, although he still ballsed up a couple of chances. Both fullbacks played well. Gervinho was typical, he went from being impressive and dangerous, to dangerously close to being medically braindead! Chamakh started the game fighting for everything, then morphed back into a homo!

Seeing Rosicky in good form is a major bonus... deadwood my arse! He's a bit-part player, so maintaining fitness shouldn't be an unrealsitic target.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Est83 wrote:Anyone know why Rosicky came off?

Please tell me it's because Wenger didn't really give a shit, and thought "ah, Rosicky's clearly ready for the first team now... I better get him off before his leg falls off!"

Seeing Rosicky in good form is a major bonus... deadwood my arse! He's a bit-part player, so maintaining fitness shouldn't be an unrealsitic target.

I hope so, he's not as good as he was per massive injury problems but he's got back to a very good level. He still has god pace now, shame because before his injury his pace was demonic!

Scoring after 2 games back is great for his morale and confidence in his shooting. He'll feel a lot of weight lifted off him. We should play him at the weekend. I don't know if he can still score from 30 yards like he used to though...

Arshavin replaced him and i think i'll leave it at that....

Goals, Its one of those things, i like Pedro from Barca, who is impressive, he's not scored one goal at all this season, it plays on a players mind, makes it harder and harder to get that first goal to break your duck.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheArsenalPost » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:21 pm

I think it was to ease him back. He'll feature at the weekend for about half our too I'd imagine.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Too bad we lost. Rosicky was lively and by far my favorite player on the day. Meade looks like one for the future. I've only seen him play twice and he hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

If Valencia tops their group then that's who I want us to face in the next round. If not, then Malaga
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Kyle? » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:Too bad we lost. Rosicky was lively and by far my favorite player on the day. Meade looks like one for the future. I've only seen him play twice and he hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

If Valencia tops their group then that's who I want us to face in the next round. If not, then Malaga

I'd pick Shakthar. They're difficult in Ukraine, but we should brush them aside at the emirates
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Kyle? wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:Too bad we lost. Rosicky was lively and by far my favorite player on the day. Meade looks like one for the future. I've only seen him play twice and he hasn't put a foot wrong yet.

I'd pick Shakthar. They're difficult in Ukraine, but we should brush them aside at the emirates

I have a feeling we would struggle against them over both legs. Valencia and Malaga have some quality players, but I don't think they would bully us as much as Shakthar.

In my honest opinion, though, we would probably struggle against all the remaining teams over both legs considering our form this season :tumbleweed:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Glad i didn't watch the match, heard it was bad :doh:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Freddie-Blue » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Kyle? wrote:

Why? Emirates is hardly a fortress haha.
Freddie-Blue
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Kyle? » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:33 pm

Freddie-Blue wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

Why? Emirates is hardly a fortress haha.

I know, but i'd much rather play them than someone like Dortmund.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zenith » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 am

SammyGunner11 wrote:
Kyle? wrote:

I have a feeling we would struggle against them over both legs. Valencia and Malaga have some quality players, but I don't think they would bully us as much as Shakthar.

In my honest opinion, though, we would probably struggle against all the remaining teams over both legs considering our form this season :tumbleweed:

+1 People underestimate Shakhtar tbh

I prefer Malaga personally... even Anderlecht gave them a hard time
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Angelito » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 am

Avoid Munich and Barca, we will go through to the QF.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby arsenalyank » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 am

I understand the game didn't mean much, but I was hoping some of these reserve players would have put in a bit more of a passionate performance. Would of been a good opportunity for some of the players to move up the pecking order. Although Rosicky was his usual busy self, the game seemed like another lackluster effort in which we didn't create much or really seem to concerned that we were there to begin with.
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 am

We need to play Rosicky as a CAM and shift Cazorla on the right. Cazorla should be free and he's more of a Ronaldo mold. Imagine playing Ronaldo as a CAM!
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 am

Angelito wrote:We need to play Rosicky as a CAM and shift Cazorla on the right. Cazorla should be free and he's more of a Ronaldo mold. Imagine playing Ronaldo as a CAM!

filling the team with midfielders isnt gonna solve our lack of goals
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 am

arsenalyank wrote:I understand the game didn't mean much, but I was hoping some of these reserve players would have put in a bit more of a passionate performance. Would of been a good opportunity for some of the players to move up the pecking order. Although Rosicky was his usual busy self, the game seemed like another lackluster effort in which we didn't create much or really seem to concerned that we were there to begin with.

What the fvck dows passionate performance mean? they come up against a better team and lost. whats passion if you dont have the skills needed? We had Ramsey, coq and ox in midfield second half. Two 21 year old midfielders and one 19 year old is gonna go to Greece and dominate an experienced Champions league team with solid experienced players? Three rookies like that aint gonna do anything no matter how much arsenal fans overrate kids before they done anything. I hope people wake up and see the moment Rosickys experience went of that midfield got a footballing lesson. there was difference in class, not passion
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13