Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Re: Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Postby elkanofan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:33 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:Protests are fine, but didn't they go to the match anyway?

About half of the people who protested did, including me, although I joined it very late.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:34 pm

elkanofan wrote:

About half of the people who protested did, including me, although I joined it very late.

I understand the ticket thing but moaning and then going and giving support and spending money doesn't help. Not with this board.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:39 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

I understand the ticket thing but moaning and then going and giving support and spending money doesn't help. Not with this board.

Indeed, you may even need to be more direct. For example the AISA have a survey going at the moment asking for how to improve the atmosphere. I filled it out and I recieved this e-mail from AISA:

"This is just a quick thank-you for taking the trouble to complete the AISA Supporters Survey, it is appreciated. The survey continues to run until 11 December so please also circulate to all your Arsenal-supporting friends and family - the views and experiences of every Arsenal supporter who goes to matches at The Emirates Stadium, however frequently or infrequently, are important - the more fans who take part the better.
Everyone who provides a valid email address will receive the results of the survey and will be invited to a meeting to discuss them, and to prioritise the issues to be presented to the Club's Board and Chief Executive."

Now how much influence this might have I don't know but I think that if needs be, this avenue should be looked at.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 pm

I feared my 0-0 prediction was optimistic... appears I was.

I've seen this season coming for about 3 or 4 years now, I'm just surprised it took this long to arrive. :dontknow:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:58 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

depends really, I don't buy shit from the emirates, no food, no shirts, no nothing which goes to the club, I go to give the players my support.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:00 pm

What did Wenger say after the game?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Trina wrote:What did Wenger say after the game?

"We weren't at our best"

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 06,00.html
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Just read Arsenal.com

on explaining the defeat...
We were not creative, nor sharp. Swansea were more creative and more sharp. They had a lot of possession, but without going anywhere. We tried to change things and took a lot of risks. In the end it turned against us. Maybe we should have made a 0-0 and in the end we were not cautious enough to play the 0-0. The quality of our game was not there. It was a bit frustrating because we lacked a bit of decisiveness and creativity.

on whether Swansea deserved to win...
Yes. It is very frustrating, but it is the truth.

on whether they surprised him...
No, I knew they could play well. I knew the question before the game could be that we could be a bit jaded because we had many players on the edge who had played a lot of hard games recently. We had just come back from two very difficult away games physically and it was a bit like that today. We are guilty of losing a game at the moment when we should not have lost it.

on the booing at the end…
My response is I can understand that.

on it being a challenging period…
We are in this job to turn things around, and I am confident we will [because of] the quality of the players and the spirit we have in the team. It is a good moment to stick together.

on turning things around…
At the moment it looks like, away from home, we are quite consistent and our results are positive. But at home we have not produced the performances since the beginning of the season that you would expect from us, and that is where we have to find the solution.

on slipping down to 10th spot…
Of course [it is painful]. I am not so much worried about places, even if that is not the place you want to be, but I believe what is important is we get the quality of our game back. Then the places change.

on spending money in January…
It’s difficult to answer that straight away after a game like that. I cannot say no, but I believe the support from the board is there to spend the money if we find the players.

on how the result affects upcoming games…
It affects the thinking for Olympiacos. There are many players who need a rest, because they are on the verge of getting injured. Some played with knocks today. We’ll see tomorrow. We hope that we get a good performance at Olympiacos. It’s important for us. Away from home, I’m not too concerned. We look like we play a little bit with the handbrake at home. It’s not fluent. There might be a psychological component in there as well.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby AFC10 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 pm

elovic wrote:When all my friends kept asking me, 'How on earth do you still enjoy being an Arsenal fan?'
I told them: 'Its not about winning or losing, not about trophies or dryspells, its about the Arsenal way of play, about Victoria Concordia Crescit'.

Now that that's completely gone, I really dont know what to answer.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm

AFC10 wrote:
elovic wrote:When all my friends kept asking me, 'How on earth do you still enjoy being an Arsenal fan?'
I told them: 'Its not about winning or losing, not about trophies or dryspells, its about the Arsenal way of play, about Victoria Concordia Crescit'.

Now that that's completely gone, I really dont know what to answer.

Sure is a lot of discord... not much harmony lately...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby lexalove » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:21 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

I would say that personally that I wont attend games until I see REAL change. The board need to take notice and the only way they will is when the money stops flowing in. The empty seats around the Emirates will show more than a few fans being annoyed on a forum/Facebook/606. I love this club, just not the direction it is going in.

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists. There does need to be a large movement to do it but I do believe that these recent protests do have something to do with the drop in form, look at what happened with blackburn last season (OK we won't get relegated) but the straight out protests caused more trouble then they're worth. Well thought out ones work but not ill-thought out ones that just straight out have a go at the club.

I agree there needs to be a mass movement, not just me. :biggrin:

I also know of course they would need to be well thought out but something needs to be done. Soon.

Totally agree with TAP...
I don't go to games anymore, and I don't buy official merchandise either. The only way to get rid of the yanks and wenger is to hit them where it hurts... in their pocket.

I agree that there will be plastic fans who will take the place of the true Arsenal fan but imagine what will happen if nothing changes. When we no longer have European football each season and no quality players after Theo, The Ox, Santi and Wilshere have left due to the lack of success and ambition showed at the club the plastic fans will soon loose interest and stop going.

It's the only way to force change... we the TRUE fans have to show our disgust with our feet.
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:24 pm

First, there's 1 "Yank" and nationality isn't the problem... the man alone is.

Second, I can't imagine there's too many plastic fans left after the 7 year drought, selling all the talent and the start we've had this season...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:26 pm

lexalove wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

I would say that personally that I wont attend games until I see REAL change. The board need to take notice and the only way they will is when the money stops flowing in. The empty seats around the Emirates will show more than a few fans being annoyed on a forum/Facebook/606. I love this club, just not the direction it is going in.

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists. There does need to be a large movement to do it but I do believe that these recent protests do have something to do with the drop in form, look at what happened with blackburn last season (OK we won't get relegated) but the straight out protests caused more trouble then they're worth. Well thought out ones work but not ill-thought out ones that just straight out have a go at the club.

I agree there needs to be a mass movement, not just me. :biggrin:

I also know of course they would need to be well thought out but something needs to be done. Soon.

Totally agree with TAP...
I don't go to games anymore, and I don't buy official merchandise either. The only way to get rid of the yanks and wenger is to hit them where it hurts... in their pocket.

I agree that there will be plastic fans who will take the place of the true Arsenal fan but imagine what will happen if nothing changes. When we no longer have European football each season and no quality players after Theo, The Ox, Santi and Wilshere have left due to the lack of success and ambition showed at the club the plastic fans will soon loose interest and stop going.

It's the only way to force change... we the TRUE fans have to show our disgust with our feet.

Sadly, you do have a point we will need to lose CL football in order to get the plastics out
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Özilfan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Leody wrote:First, there's 1 "Yank" and nationality isn't the problem... the man alone is.

Second, I can't imagine there's too many plastic fans left after the 7 year drought, selling all the talent and the start we've had this season...

We have plently of plastics left. Unless you were conceived in a bog in the Clock End of Highbury and then, nine months later, had a steward with emergency aid training bring you into the world by the pitch then I'm sorry but you're not a real fan.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:
Leody wrote:First, there's 1 "Yank" and nationality isn't the problem... the man alone is.

We have plently of plastics left. Unless you were conceived in a bog in the Clock End of Highbury and then, nine months later, had a steward with emergency aid training bring you into the world by the pitch then I'm sorry but you're not a real fan.

Guess I'm not a "real fan" then... :dizzy:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13