FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Sims wrote:Clearly.
H2H results mean f**k all, just cause we beat United every so often doesn't mean we're better than them.
Di Matteo's success was nothing more than a fluke, I would hate to see the Arsenal fluke our way to glory by putting 10 men behind the ball.
Guardiola is the second best manager in the World, you saw what he did to Messi, and Barca. Transformed them completely, I would rather wait for him than get Di Matteo in for the next two years.
So you want Di Matteo in for 6 months before saying "f**k off, here's Pep now, tara"? Clearly not educated in footballing stability and the modern game. I'm speaking to my Toon mate, proper football enthusiast and moreso a neutral than anything else, he said anyone who wants Di Matteo in is a fool, so, where does that leave you?

No, United are better than us because they beat us more than we beat them. Di Matteo is better than Wenger because he beats him more than vice versa... in fact, Wenger has never beaten Di Matteo. It's not like the record's close.
So you say his success at West Brom and MK Dons were flukes too? Or have you forgotten that football has been around longer than 2 years?
Second best manager in the world? Now I know you're joking.
Depends how he does. If he's doing well, why sack him?
LOL! Your mate down the pub thinks Di Matteo's a shit manager! You can't make this stuff up! Are you serious? Surely no one can be this stupid.

So if Wenger beats Di Matteo more, yet finishes below his team, Wenger would still be the better manager? This logic makes no sense. You can't doubt Pep's abilities, his record speaks for itself; why do you think he had the sabbatical? He works ridiculously hard and is pretty much the perfect manager. He didn't say he's a shit manager did he, he wouldn't fit Arsenal and he's clearly not good enough for us either. I'm guessing you're part of the older generation, as clearly you can't get to grips with modern football, pretty much like Wenger LOL.

What season did Di Matteo finish behind Wenger? It's never happened.
Guardiola won with a team that was virtually identical to the one that Rijkaard had won with. He's good, but to say he's the second best in the world is laughable when he's only managed a team filled with some of the best players to ever play football, and the same team has had success prior to and since his coaching spell.
Di Matteo certainly is good enough for us because he's better than what we've currently got. If we can do better, great, if not, he's still an improvement.
Lol, swing and a miss buddy, but good try. I like how you say I'm old fashioned yet you're the one wanting stability for stability's sake and wanting Wenger to stay.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:57 pm

di matteo > guardiola imo
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Expected this.

Won't comment on the match. I just knew it would happen.

Sooo now, guys, don't worry. Let's say f**k all to the Prem and focus on the CL now. Can we do it? Nope. Do I believe in miracles? Yes.

If I were the Manager, I'd put my eggs on the CL basket.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 pm

gooney wrote:
Zenith wrote:
gooney wrote:Our time will come lads, just accept this season will be sh1t and we will have changes. I dont want another trophy less season and top 4. I rather have us finishing 12th and the club taking serious look at itself

Good luck attracting quality players when you can't offer then CL football. :thumbsup:

Im not one bit worried about attracting quality players right now. What I want is change in mentality at the club, change of values and direction. Rest will fall into place because we are world clas football. Dortmund is the perfect example. Was a force, then became sh1t and now force again. You have to do the basics well then worry about other things.

Perfect example with the cancer at the club is ox show on arsenal.com. You have a teenager that the club spend 12 millions on, instead of focusing on football and keeping quite. The club is making him believe he has made it and already trying to make as much of him and he's used as a commercial tool. Why the hell does a teenager have a show on arsenal.com? Some may say its a minor issue, but its an issue of many at the club which explains why the standards have been dropping year after year

Fair point
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:02 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Sims wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Sims wrote:Clearly.
H2H results mean f**k all, just cause we beat United every so often doesn't mean we're better than them.
Di Matteo's success was nothing more than a fluke, I would hate to see the Arsenal fluke our way to glory by putting 10 men behind the ball.
Guardiola is the second best manager in the World, you saw what he did to Messi, and Barca. Transformed them completely, I would rather wait for him than get Di Matteo in for the next two years.
So you want Di Matteo in for 6 months before saying "f**k off, here's Pep now, tara"? Clearly not educated in footballing stability and the modern game. I'm speaking to my Toon mate, proper football enthusiast and moreso a neutral than anything else, he said anyone who wants Di Matteo in is a fool, so, where does that leave you?

No, United are better than us because they beat us more than we beat them. Di Matteo is better than Wenger because he beats him more than vice versa... in fact, Wenger has never beaten Di Matteo. It's not like the record's close.
So you say his success at West Brom and MK Dons were flukes too? Or have you forgotten that football has been around longer than 2 years?
Second best manager in the world? Now I know you're joking.
Depends how he does. If he's doing well, why sack him?
LOL! Your mate down the pub thinks Di Matteo's a shit manager! You can't make this stuff up! Are you serious? Surely no one can be this stupid.

So if Wenger beats Di Matteo more, yet finishes below his team, Wenger would still be the better manager? This logic makes no sense. You can't doubt Pep's abilities, his record speaks for itself; why do you think he had the sabbatical? He works ridiculously hard and is pretty much the perfect manager. He didn't say he's a shit manager did he, he wouldn't fit Arsenal and he's clearly not good enough for us either. I'm guessing you're part of the older generation, as clearly you can't get to grips with modern football, pretty much like Wenger LOL.

What season did Di Matteo finish behind Wenger? It's never happened.
Guardiola won with a team that was virtually identical to the one that Rijkaard had won with. He's good, but to say he's the second best in the world is laughable when he's only managed a team filled with some of the best players to ever play football, and the same team has had success prior to and since his coaching spell.
Di Matteo certainly is good enough for us because he's better than what we've currently got. If we can do better, great, if not, he's still an improvement.
Lol, swing and a miss buddy, but good try. I like how you say I'm old fashioned yet you're the one wanting stability for stability's sake and wanting Wenger to stay.

Well he got sacked at West Brom for one. WEST BROM. I still wouldn't put DiMat in front of Wenger, I'm adamant he was a flukey manager. I want wenger to stay until the end of the season, then relieving him of his duties would be a wise thing to do if we find a suitable replacement.

Plymouth Gooner wrote:di matteo > guardiola imo

That's just plain ridiculous.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 pm

This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

I would say that personally that I wont attend games until I see REAL change. The board need to take notice and the only way they will is when the money stops flowing in. The empty seats around the Emirates will show more than a few fans being annoyed on a forum/Facebook/606. I love this club, just not the direction it is going in.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mel4 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:13 pm

did the black scarf stage there protest?

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:17 pm

mel4 wrote:did the black scarf stage there protest?

I'll upload the pictures from the protest sometime tonight.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:22 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

I would say that personally that I wont attend games until I see REAL change. The board need to take notice and the only way they will is when the money stops flowing in. The empty seats around the Emirates will show more than a few fans being annoyed on a forum/Facebook/606. I love this club, just not the direction it is going in.

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists. There does need to be a large movement to do it but I do believe that these recent protests do have something to do with the drop in form, look at what happened with blackburn last season (OK we won't get relegated) but the straight out protests caused more trouble then they're worth. Well thought out ones work but not ill-thought out ones that just straight out have a go at the club.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:This may not be a very well received comment but here goes.

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists. There does need to be a large movement to do it but I do believe that these recent protests do have something to do with the drop in form, look at what happened with blackburn last season (OK we won't get relegated) but the straight out protests caused more trouble then they're worth. Well thought out ones work but not ill-thought out ones that just straight out have a go at the club.

I agree there needs to be a mass movement, not just me. :biggrin:

I also know of course they would need to be well thought out but something needs to be done. Soon.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mel4 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm

elkanofan wrote:
mel4 wrote:did the black scarf stage there protest?

I'll upload the pictures from the protest sometime tonight.

Thanks. Will be on the look out for them

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Protests are fine, but didn't they go to the match anyway?
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

The problem with that is that if you don't go, there will be several around to take your place from plastics and tourists

The problem with not going is the ticket system. You buy them 2/1 month in advance. I brought these tickets in November, so you can choose not to go but the club already have you money and if you get a refund, someone else will just take him as his girlfriend out for a date.

they wont even watch the match, they will film the beginning and a few nice things, buy a crappy meal for £15, kiss eachover or argue most of the game hen leave at 80 minutes to beat the traffic.

The Emirates is a place to take your woman out of a date these days or to gaze at famous people and say. WOW i saw Theo Walcott in REAL LIFE, he WAVED to me as well!

Nothing wrong with taking your woman to a football game but support the team! You can eat her face at home!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:33 pm

My girlfriend loves going to see games with me.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13