Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Re: Arsenal V Swansea | Premier League 01/12/2012

Postby friedslice » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Zenith wrote:Pu-leeeeease rest Arteta and Cazorla. :pray:
Ease Sagna in, don't overplay him because currently he's only a shade of who he used to be, therefore start Jenkinson! [who is in inspired form]

Szczęsny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Wilshere Coquelin
Walcott Arshavin Podolski
Giroud

Thats a good team mate. Cazorla has hit rock bottom in terms of his form. we need to give him a breather to let him recharge his batteries. Arteta has looked leggy and Coquelin would do decent job in his place.

How things have turned around so quickly. Giroud was the peripheral figure while Podolski was undroppable. Now Giroud looks to be clear first choice while Podolski is struggling to get in the side on his current form.

It's good by Everton standards, say, but it's not a very good side. only podolski and wilshere are worthwhile in that midfield/attack. how is podolski struggling to get in the side? did you miss his volley the other day.

Arshavin makes no effort, walcott is shit, giroud will be quiet throughout and coquelin will struggle in the middle. can't see much more than a draw unless theo and giroud put in a good shift and wilshere/podolski have a blinder.
that side has all the potential to struggle brilliantly.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 am

friedslice wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Zenith wrote:Pu-leeeeease rest Arteta and Cazorla. :pray:
Ease Sagna in, don't overplay him because currently he's only a shade of who he used to be, therefore start Jenkinson! [who is in inspired form]

Szczęsny
Wilshere Coquelin
Walcott Arshavin Podolski
Giroud

Thats a good team mate. Cazorla has hit rock bottom in terms of his form. we need to give him a breather to let him recharge his batteries. Arteta has looked leggy and Coquelin would do decent job in his place.

How things have turned around so quickly. Giroud was the peripheral figure while Podolski was undroppable. Now Giroud looks to be clear first choice while Podolski is struggling to get in the side on his current form.

It's good by Everton standards, say, but it's not a very good side. only podolski and wilshere are worthwhile in that midfield/attack. how is podolski struggling to get in the side? did you miss his volley the other day.

Arshavin makes no effort, walcott is shit, giroud will be quiet throughout and coquelin will struggle in the middle. can't see much more than a draw unless theo and giroud put in a good shift and wilshere/podolski have a blinder.
that side has all the potential to struggle brilliantly.

Podolki is top draw. I am not doubting his quality. I have mentioned it a zillion times but he is being wasted on the left hand side where he has struggled to impose himself. He is a striker who must be played through the middle. We should be making much better use of his finishing skills than what we currently are. Ideally we should be playing him and Giroud together in a twin striker formation, if not they should be competing each other for the central role.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:53 am

^ I agree whole-heartedly. I so, so agree. I agree 100%... :redface:

Podolski should be played as a striker. He can get us 25+ goals a season. I mean, come on--what'd happen if we used van Persie on the left last season? We're wasting him. Wenger is just wasting him there. :crybaby:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JohnGooner » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Walcott contributed to 17 of our goals this season (either by scoring or by setting up someone else), that's 6 more than Podolski, even though Poldi played two more games. We're kidding ourselves if we're trying to say Walcott is shite. Anyway, I do think Giroud should be rested for this game, with either Poldi or Walcott upfront (I prefer Poldi since Walcott is better than him on the wings) and OX in the side. Other than that I agree with the said formation.
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Trequartista » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Walcott has been fantastic this season, he's our top scorer which is impressive enough from the wings. When you consider he's not started that many games it's incredible!

If we sell him in January it will be a travesty and the last straw as far as I'm concerned
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby prolific » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:39 pm

TO ALL GOONERS: LETS SHOW SUPPORT TOWARDS MARK CLATTENBURG TOMORROW!

Kyle? wrote:I'm going to this game. Time for the emirates to get the beer ready.

Good stuff. Show support for Mark Clattenburg. I just hope it doesn't backfire and he makes bent decisions.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Good post Prolific
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:28 pm

yeah pretty good man
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby FrustratedGooner » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 pm

its come to a point where even if we win tomorow still not going to be happy if we start with 2 upfront it will put a smile on my face even if we lose just nothing stupid now mr wenger pressure pressure.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Swansea are playing some pretty good stuff this season. They are not pushovers by any stretch of imagination. We need to be focused right from the start. If we play the way we have done these past two games, i don't think we have a chance of winning this game. We have to raise our passing quality by a couple of notches to beat them as they are a very good passing side.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:
Kyle? wrote:I'm going to this game. Time for the emirates to get the beer ready.

It wasn't that long ago you could go to a game, get a pie and pint and still have change left over from a tenner.

you still can just don''t buy from inside the stadium.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby backpagebanter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:40 pm

I would like to see us play the two English wingers out wide. If Swansea break on us in numbers, then we can just break back straight away!
backpagebanter
Liam Brady

Postby backpagebanter » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Swansea are playing some pretty good stuff this season. They are not pushovers by any stretch of imagination. We need to be focused right from the start. If we play the way we have done these past two games, i don't think we have a chance of winning this game. We have to raise our passing quality by a couple of notches to beat them as they are a very good passing side.

All points we made on our matchday previews blog. Valid points and I don't think this is a guaranteed 3 pointer
backpagebanter
Liam Brady

Postby AFC10 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 pm

prolific wrote:
TO ALL GOONERS: LETS SHOW SUPPORT TOWARDS MARK CLATTENBURG TOMORROW!

Good stuff. Show support for Mark Clattenburg. I just hope it doesn't backfire and he makes bent decisions.

Looking forward to this, not been to a Saturday game in a while.

Hope the crowd get fully behind him tomorrow!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby mg86 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:30 am

Szczesny
Wilshere Arteta
Walcott Cazorla Arshavin
Podolski

bring on Rosicky to provide Santi some rest
Szczesny