Aston Villa V Arsenal | Premier League 24/11/2012

Re: Aston Villa V Arsenal | Premier League 24/11/2012

Postby FourSix » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:07 am

Thought Gibbs looked decent, Szczesny was good and Giroud was okay as well. The defence wasn't too bad overall. Everyone else was average. 3pts from the Everton game now becomes very important.
FourSix
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zenith » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 am

Bully's opinion: (has been a while since I last seen the man)

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby pawiel » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:16 am

as i remember he got judass shirt after chelsea game at the bridge im wondering whats hes done with that shirt :)
pawiel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:38 am

Pudpop wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
billie86 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:forget creating chances, probably the worst game of the season in terms of passing and keeping possession. Only positive from the game is a clean sheet.

Do you remember the man utd game? or schalke at home? or even norwich? all equally as bad if not worse performances than this

At-least we kept the ball to some extent even if did not create feck-all in those games. At-least we put a few passes together in coherence in those games. Today we struggled to string 2-3 forward passes together. The passing has been not up to our usual standards this season but today's game was painful to watch.

Today was much better than the 3 that Billie mentioned

+1
and at least the conditions were shocking today... no excuse for the other 3
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby lexalove » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:29 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
billie86 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:forget creating chances, probably the worst game of the season in terms of passing and keeping possession. Only positive from the game is a clean sheet.

Do you remember the man utd game? or schalke at home? or even norwich? all equally as bad if not worse performances than this

At-least we kept the ball to some extent even if did not create feck-all in those games. At-least we put a few passes together in coherence in those games. Today we struggled to string 2-3 forward passes together. The passing has been not up to our usual standards this season but today's game was painful to watch.

Today was much better than the 3 that Billie mentioned

+1
and at least the conditions were shocking today... no excuse for the other 3

have we really fallen that far that we are using the weather conditions as an excuse?
things must be worse than I thought :shock:
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:54 am

Soooo... Last two games Ramsey doesn't start, we play amazing football and win both of them.

Yesterday, Ramsey f'kin starts and we don't win AGAIN! Why the f**k can't Wenger see this? Whenever Ramsey starts, it's like we're playing with 10 players and 1 body. He shouldn't start--never, ever because he disrupts the harmony of the team.

It's evident--the first game he starts and we play poorly and end up dropping points. Sigh...

It's simple. If Ramsey starts against Everton, we won't win and if he doesn't, I can guarantee a victory.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 am

Fran Solo wrote:I hope Gibbs is healthy enough. Did he play as a sub before this match?

no
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 am

Not saying Ramsey should start but he was easily our best midfielder yesterday. Cazorla barring the NLD has been poor by his high standards in the recent past. Arteta seems to have got struck in third gear this season. Wilshere is probably the most influential midfielder we have at this point in time and whenever he starts we look a different side.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:19 am

Angelito wrote:Soooo... Last two games Ramsey doesn't start, we play amazing football and win both of them.

Yesterday, Ramsey f'kin starts and we don't win AGAIN! Why the f**k can't Wenger see this? Whenever Ramsey starts, it's like we're playing with 10 players and 1 body. He shouldn't start--never, ever because he disrupts the harmony of the team.

It's evident--the first game he starts and we play poorly and end up dropping points. Sigh...

It's simple. If Ramsey starts against Everton, we won't win and if he doesn't, I can guarantee a victory.

You think we played amazing against Montpillier? You think we played amazing against Spurs before the sending off? :rofll:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 am

Zenith wrote:Bully's opinion: (has been a while since I last seen the man)

:lol: what a legend.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 am

gooney wrote:
Angelito wrote:Soooo... Last two games Ramsey doesn't start, we play amazing football and win both of them.

You think we played amazing against Montpillier? You think we played amazing against Spurs before the sending off? :rofll:

We played amazing because we WON! Bottom-line.

ManU did not play well at all during 2010/2011 season, but that season will be remembered because they won. This is what I meant.

Nothing changes the fact that we won two games in which Ramsey didn't start and those were to tough games, but the moment Ramsey started, we didn't win a game that we "should have won" comfortably.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 am

gooney wrote:

ManU did not play well at all during 2010/2011 season, but that season will be remembered because they won. This is what I meant.

Nothing changes the fact that we won two games in which Ramsey didn't start and those were to tough games, but the moment Ramsey started, we didn't win a game that we "should have won" comfortably.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 am

gooney wrote:

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 am

Zenith wrote:Bully's opinion: (has been a while since I last seen the man)

Summed it up well when he says '' we need to do simple things quicker than fans things slowly''.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 am

Kyle? wrote:Really not looking forward to Everton on Wednesday. If we were this bad against Villa, then if we fail to raise our game, i can see Fellaini having a very big (haired) day.

fellaini has never scored against us
walcott,vermaelen twice,rosicky,arshavin and koscielny have scored with him up the other end.
respect of coarse but panic? everton have plenty to worry about us
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13