Aston Villa V Arsenal | Premier League 24/11/2012

Re: Aston Villa V Arsenal | Premier League 24/11/2012

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:
Zenith wrote:Tony Adams hits the nail on the head yet again.

And that is?

must have said we are shit :think:

if he did he definately hit the nail on the head

Do you support Arsenal?

ok we aren't shit but we are playing pretty shit, city put 5 past villa last week, we should be beating teams like villa if we want to get anywhere this season.

Has it not occurred to you that maybe Villa played well today? They were both hopeless and unlucky last week, and this week they came with a game-plan and executed to perfection.

What a ridiculous idea. How can another team out play us? That would mean that people can't moan about the squad.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:

And that is?

Do you support Arsenal?

ok we aren't shit but we are playing pretty shit, city put 5 past villa last week, we should be beating teams like villa if we want to get anywhere this season.

Has it not occurred to you that maybe Villa played well today? They were both hopeless and unlucky last week, and this week they came with a game-plan and executed to perfection.

Pudpop is right though, before City got their first penalty Villa was reasonably solid in terms of defending.

As soon as City scored the game changed big time.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Pudpop » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:

And that is?

Do you support Arsenal?

What a ridiculous idea. How can another team out play us? That would mean that people can't moan about the squad.

I'm sorry :crybaby:
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Pudpop wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:

And that is?

Do you support Arsenal?

I'm sorry :crybaby:

You better be. Now follow suit and Wenger bash and hate on the team! :dizzy:
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby billie86 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:

And that is?

Do you support Arsenal?

If todays result was a one off i would be inclined to agree but it isn't, norwich, stoke, sunderland, villa, fulham? Other top teams may slip up against 1 or 2 of those but not all of them, not as consistently as we do, if a team is playing well against you the better team should raise their game and still win but we rarely do that these days.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Kyle? » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Really not looking forward to Everton on Wednesday. If we were this bad against Villa, then if we fail to raise our game, i can see Fellaini having a very big (haired) day.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:09 pm

billie86 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:

And that is?

Do you support Arsenal?

If todays result was a one off i would be inclined to agree but it isn't, norwich, stoke, sunderland, villa, fulham? Other top teams may slip up against 1 or 2 of those but not all of them, not as consistently as we do, if a team is playing well against you the better team should raise their game and still win but we rarely do that these days.

I've already said that I feel that today wasn't as bad as Norwich, so I won't compare the 2. Stoke and Sunderland shouldn't be compared because the team was still gelling, so it wouldn't be a true comparison. Fulham's faults were defensive.

None of them besides Norwich are true comparisons, and Norwich was far worse. I've said in the wish list thread that raising there game is something that we need but lack due to stubbornness of Wenger and his substitutions and formation.

Also, remember that we would've won today had Kos put that one away.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 pm

good point away from home against a team that almost beat man u and was hammered last week. They were always gonna be reaction from them and they deserved their point.

As far as goes, I wasnt getting carried away last week and im not gonna get carried away this week. we are in fight for top 4 big time this season and as long as the team is near the top 4 by January Im delighted. Then its up to the manager to make a decision if he wanna save money and lose the only thing he can brag about( always making top 4) or spend in january to save the fourth spot. This team is not good enough to be top 4. This team is not better than spurs despite beating them last week. its was thanks to Adebayor.

also Im laughing at Wenger being angry. he ended the game with his 2 strikers on the bench and played 6 midfielders. The two players he benched end of the game has scored more than the 11 that ended the game and he benched them and had front 3 of gervinho, arshavina dn cazorla crossing for each other.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby billie86 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:
TexasGooner wrote:

And that is?

Do you support Arsenal?

I've already said that I feel that today wasn't as bad as Norwich, so I won't compare the 2. Stoke and Sunderland shouldn't be compared because the team was still gelling, so it wouldn't be a true comparison. Fulham's faults were defensive.

None of them besides Norwich are true comparisons, and Norwich was far worse. I've said in the wish list thread that raising there game is something that we need but lack due to stubbornness of Wenger and his substitutions and formation.

Also, remember that we would've won today had Kos put that one away.

True but they could say the same had holmans shot gone an inch or 2 lower, i think a draw was a fair result
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:45 pm

No team can convert every chance that comes its way. You need to create enough clear cut opportunities and even after that if you end up on the loosing side you have a right to complain but not when you have struggled to keep the ball with any authority and failed to create anything more than a couple of opportunities.

It would be easy to dismiss every game as a one off but what i am worried about more is our falling standards when it comes to keeping possession of the ball. We have had poor spells last year as well but even then we displayed a decent level possession football. We used to go sideways and sometimes too intricate in the final third but we never used to pass the ball this sloppily before. We used to be accused of not being clinical in front of goal, or of not producing enough clear cut opportunities but never have i seen commentators criticizing our general passing this much. Not talking about today's game alone but our passing has been far from being slick this season.The basis of Wenger's game plan is based on keeping the ball and our poor run has coincided with our failure to keep the ball in the opposition half.

Another thing i noticed off late is that our midfield looks pretty static atm. We used to be this pass and move team but our off the ball movement in the midfield hasn't been on the money this season. Rather than blaming the individual mistakes we need to look at the falling standards of our possession game which has been the corner stone of Wenger's reign in the last seven years.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:53 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP

I missed the game, BBC report sounds like I didn't miss much.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:PLAYER RATINGS UP

I missed the game, BBC report sounds like I didn't miss much.

Yup.

A boring game from start to finish.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Glad to have the clean sheet, not happy the scoring didn't continue though. Giroud still looks on form atleast and Ramsey was positive today as well. Cazorla and Arteta were marked out of the game, very good shutting down today from Aston Villa. Not disapointed as Villa have been a determined side recently, I have a list of about half the clubs in the league I'd have rather played this weekend, and yes one would have been Everton. Ah well, atleast Gibbs seems to be the key to getting clean sheets.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm happy I missed the game

I heard that gervinho made "the worst first touch ever"

and jenkinson the worst cross ever....

sounds good

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Jenkinson has been impressive this season but he always rushes the cross without even bothering to see if anybody is making a run to get to the end of it. He has good crossing ability but he needs to show some composure/awareness before crossing the ball. I guess as he gains experience the composure and awareness will come.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13