Re: Arsenal V Tottenham | Premier League 17/11/2012

Postby AFC10 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:01 am

Jack f***ing Wilshere and Santi f***ing Cazorla. Enough said
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 am

An arsenal fan hoping the scum beat us in any situation is just plain wrong in any situation.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 am

Zedie wrote:An arsenal fan hoping the scum beat us in any situation is just plain wrong in any situation.

I agree thats a tad far but the reason he wanted it to happen is understandable. Its true that the sooner the club drops out of 4th place and the champions league the sooner something will change, keep getting 4th and raking the money in and the board won't change anything. Is it better to finish 4th the next 5 seasons for example and slowly get worse till we just can't manage it anymore or would it be better to finish lower this season and hope the board will take drastic action now (new manager, transfer policies, wage structure/contracts etc). Is 7 baron years not long enough for the fans?
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am

billie86 wrote:
Zedie wrote:An arsenal fan hoping the scum beat us in any situation is just plain wrong in any situation.

I agree thats a tad far but the reason he wanted it to happen is understandable. Its true that the sooner the club drops out of 4th place and the champions league the sooner something will change, keep getting 4th and raking the money in and the board won't change anything. Is it better to finish 4th the next 5 seasons for example and slowly get worse till we just can't manage it anymore or would it be better to finish lower this season and hope the board will take drastic action now (new manager, transfer policies, wage structure/contracts etc). Is 7 baron years not long enough for the fans?

The key word there is hope. If we drop out and things don't change, how do you rate our chances of getting back into the Champions league? What then will draw players to the club? We will end up as the next Liverpool.

If the board refuse to play ball now don't hope we lose, hope we win games, perform well with no matter what players we have. Week in, week out play for the badge. That's how you change a club.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby billie86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 am

TheArsenalPost wrote:
billie86 wrote:

The key word there is hope. If we drop out and things don't change, how do you rate our chances of getting back into the Champions league? What then will draw players to the club? We will end up as the next Liverpool.

If the board refuse to play ball now don't hope we lose, hope we win games, perform well with no matter what players we have. Week in, week out play for the badge. That's how you change a club.

Even liverpool have managed to win a cup in the last 7 years though, would being the next liverpool be so bad? Would we not fair better in the europa league? I mean lets be honest in the CL we are out of our depth with the current squad, even more so now than we have been in recent years. I would take a europa league cup win, hell i would be over the moon with it and i even think the players would be happy with it, im sure they would rather win the europa than get drubbed by barca again its demoralising. I feel CL wise we are just there to make up the numbers these days. Either way i just want arsenal to be a footballing force again, whatever can make that happen im all for it. :pray:
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

Woah. Wanting to be the next anything is a dangerous place to sit. You set yourself up for disapointment or in this case fail to do yourself justice. Arsenal are a Champions League side. Like I said, it's one of the thing we have over teams like Liverpool and Spurs, without it, we'll be fighting for a 5th or 6th place spot every season. That is not good enough.

I'd rather take the top 4 spot and a slim chance (but still a chance) at the title or Champions League any day. There is a reason teams strive to be in it.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby billie86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:Woah. Wanting to be the next anything is a dangerous place to sit. You set yourself up for disapointment or in this case fail to do yourself justice. Arsenal are a Champions League side. Like I said, it's one of the thing we have over teams like Liverpool and Spurs, without it, we'll be fighting for a 5th or 6th place spot every season. That is not good enough.

I'd rather take the top 4 spot and a slim chance (but still a chance) at the title or Champions League any day. There is a reason teams strive to be in it.

The reason arsenal want to be in it is money, if the board genuinely wanted to win the CL they would give us a team capable of doing so imo but they are happy as it stands. Do you not think we will be fighting for 5th or 6th position soon if things stay the same? We have already gone from competing for the title to competing for top 3 and now we are just aiming for top 4, we were lucky to get it last year but our luck will run out sooner or later. Also What happens if uefa takes a place away from the EPL for the CL? hasn't it been mentioned that we may lose a spot because our teams haven't been performing well enough? 4th place would be a europa league place if that happens anyway. Its been a steady decline but its definately happening.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 pm

You need to distinguish between Arsenal board members and Arsenal players. Their views aren't the same. No one is saying our performances and results have been good enough, but wishing losses on a team you support, in my book, is wrong. You should always be looking to win. If that view was ever shared by a player they'd be riduculed by us lot no end. You need a winning mentality, fans too.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

billie86 wrote:

Wishing to drop out of the top 4 is just backwards thinking imo plus actually wanting to play UEFA cup football is the same thing. Whats the point of doing that when both are in completely the wrong direction? We may as well go the whole hog, sell all our top stars who won't want to stay and play in the championship with the best of our youths if we need to win that desperately.

I get the sentiment, but forcing the board to act can be done by other means like fans staying away for specific games, refusing to buy particular merchandise etc rather than us hoping to drop out of the CL.

I can't see it making much difference anyway, they still probably wouldn't react with signings. Plus, what player in the top bracket is going to want to go to a a top 6 club anyway? Things wil just get worse and we will end up with players like squillaci as starters...

Relations between the fans and the board have never been as devided as they are now. We are the key to getting change, if there's no one to line the boards pockets if they show no backbone, they'll see a change in their margins and possibly think twice....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:You need to distinguish between Arsenal board members and Arsenal players. Their views aren't the same. No one is saying our performances and results have been good enough, but wishing losses on a team you support, in my book, is wrong. You should always be looking to win. If that view was ever shared by a player they'd be riduculed by us lot no end. You need a winning mentality, fans too.

I dont think the players are the issue, they try but always come up short. This year again we are a few players short and it always seems to be the case, is it the board or wenger? nobody knows for certain but whichever it is they need to change one way or another.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:25 pm

billie86 wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:You need to distinguish between Arsenal board members and Arsenal players. Their views aren't the same. No one is saying our performances and results have been good enough, but wishing losses on a team you support, in my book, is wrong. You should always be looking to win. If that view was ever shared by a player they'd be riduculed by us lot no end. You need a winning mentality, fans too.

I dont think the players are the issue, they try but always come up short. This year again we are a few players short and it always seems to be the case, is it the board or wenger? nobody knows for certain but whichever it is they need to change one way or another.

The players could always pass better, play with more unity, common sense and belief. Winning does come down to them too.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby billie86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Zedie wrote:
billie86 wrote:

Wishing to drop out of the top 4 is just backwards thinking imo plus actually wanting to play UEFA cup football is the same thing. Whats the point of doing that when both are in completely the wrong direction? We may as well go the whole hog, sell all our top stars who won't want to stay and play in the championship with the best of our youths if we need to win that desperately.

I get the sentiment, but forcing the board to act can be done by other means like fans staying away for specific games, refusing to buy particular merchandise etc rather than us hoping to drop out of the CL.

I can't see it making much difference anyway, they still probably wouldn't react with signings. Plus, what player in the top bracket is going to want to go to a a top 6 club anyway? Things wil just get worse and we will end up with players like squillaci as starters...

Relations between the fans and the board have never been as devided as they are now. We are the key to getting change, if there's no one to line the boards pockets if they show no backbone, they'll see a change in their margins and possibly think twice....

Wishing to drop out of the top 4 would be backwards thinking yes but only if it ended there, the point is it would hopefully be 1 step backwards but 2 step forwards, 1 season of failure follwed by a new manager or board members, new policies, maybe we would even spend some money, maybe usmanov would come in? who knows but 1 bad season and a few changes may not be the worst thing that could happen to the club. As you say other ways of getting the board to act would be better but it is not going to happen by the looks of it so i suppose this is plan b :dontknow:

As for us not being able to attract top players i don't think we would be much different to what we are now if we finished in the europa league places, all our top players have bailed anyway and which of the top players would choose us (a club who hasn't won anything for 7 years) over the likes of chelsea, city, man utd etc who would offer more money and more chance of trophies? its no suprise we lost out on mata, hazard etc we act like a europa league club in the transfer market anyway trying to pick up bargain bin players.

I dont know we just do not seem to be headed anywhere, i don't want to see us selling our best players, i dont want to be just making up the numbers in the CL and EPL and thats how it feels at the moment. I will continue to support the players on the pitch of course as any fan should but i despise how the club has fallen from grace whilst everyone is lining their pockets :(
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm

billie86 wrote:
Zedie wrote:
billie86 wrote:

Wishing to drop out of the top 4 would be backwards thinking yes but only if it ended there, the point is it would hopefully be 1 step backwards but 2 step forwards, 1 season of failure follwed by a new manager or board members, new policies, maybe we would even spend some money, maybe usmanov would come in? who knows but 1 bad season and a few changes may not be the worst thing that could happen to the club. As you say other ways of getting the board to act would be better but it is not going to happen by the looks of it so i suppose this is plan b :dontknow:

As for us not being able to attract top players i don't think we would be much different to what we are now if we finished in the europa league places, all our top players have bailed anyway and which of the top players would choose us (a club who hasn't won anything for 7 years) over the likes of chelsea, city, man utd etc who would offer more money and more chance of trophies? its no suprise we lost out on mata, hazard etc we act like a europa league club in the transfer market anyway trying to pick up bargain bin players.

I dont know we just do not seem to be headed anywhere, i don't want to see us selling our best players, i dont want to be just making up the numbers in the CL and EPL and thats how it feels at the moment. I will continue to support the players on the pitch of course as any fan should but i despise how the club has fallen from grace whilst everyone is lining their pockets :(

Defo agree something needs to happen, but if it will, i dont know regardless of the situation. If we are still in a funk come January, i expect us to sign someone a la Arshavin when he got bought.

I dont think there will ever be a time when Usmanov is let onto the board unless some of the others die or the rules are changed by UEFA! Although i have my reservations about him, im in no doubt that he would at least force a cash injection into the team one way or another, the negative propganda he could spread once inside the circle would ensure that.

The most annoying thing for me is that back when we were still selling at a premium and buying bargain basement, we had other players around us to make losing 1 not a problem. Its now gotten to a stage where we are losing too many to cover the impact of the lose every season, so we are constantly readjusting. Plus, the quality of some of the players we are getting in has not really worked out.

Back when Anelka left and Henry came in, the impact wasnt felt, but now that Clichy has left and Santos has come in, its defo more noticable. The same could be said for any number of key positions.

Something needs to change and i still maintain that its the key board memebers over the manager that would make the biggest difference.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Trequartista » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Can't remember for the life of me who said this now, but one of you chaps said in September:

"If Giroud scores close to 20 goals this season, I will shave my arse-crack for 6 months"

Come on, own up, who was it? Olivier's bagged himself 7 already and we're only a third of the way through the season, plus he's only just starting to find some real form and get into his stride.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Trequartista wrote:Can't remember for the life of me who said this now, but one of you chaps said in September:

"If Giroud scores close to 20 goals this season, I will shave my arse-crack for 6 months"

Come on, own up, who was it? Olivier's bagged himself 7 already and we're only a third of the way through the season, plus he's only just starting to find some real form and get into his stride.

It wasnt me but you're changing the quote Frodo. That certain person said 20 league goal, which still wont happen.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13