Arsenal V Fulham | Premier League 10/11/2012

Re: Arsenal V Fulham | Premier League 10/11/2012

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:09 am

Just because we played to his strengths for one game doesn't make him a superstar like some are suggesting.
Everyone has bad games and good games... Giroud certainly has more of the former than the latter.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Just because we played to his strengths for one game doesn't make him a superstar like some are suggesting.
Everyone has bad games and good games... Giroud certainly has more of the former than the latter.

We played to RVP's strengths the whole of last season... so if we hadn't he would have been shit?

Your supposed to play to your CF's strengths...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:24 am

Your centre forward is also supposed to be good enough to have more than one little niche that he's good at. It would be nice if he played to the rest of the team's strengths and could actually be useful when the ball's on the ground.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 am

gooner17 wrote:It genuinely amazes me the amount of stick Giroud gets. He scored two goals yesterday but some people still feel the need to give him stick. Why? Because they were headers. So f***ing what? He's a striker, it's his job to score goals with whatever part of his body it will go in with. (Obviously not his hands). And to whoever said he is a donkey with his feet. Yeah he should have scored that chance before his second headed goal but it hardly makes him poor with his feet. If he was so bad with his feet he couldn't have produced that twenty yard shot which required a very good save to stop it from going in.
And to whoever said it says something about the team's performance when Giroud was our best player, maybe it is because he is actually a good player but you're too much of a fanny to realise that.

Giroud is not a bad player at all.

however,

Giroud scored two out of 8 chances presented to him at Fulham - watch the match again.
Podolski scored one out of one chance presented to him.

Play the guy you bought as a centre forward (Podolski) and play Giroud either hanging off him, or as an attacking midfielder.
Giroud missed a HATFUl on Saturday, just as he has missed chance after chance all season.

Pod should be CF.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 am

greengoonerie wrote:
gooner17 wrote:It genuinely amazes me the amount of stick Giroud gets. He scored two goals yesterday but some people still feel the need to give him stick. Why? Because they were headers. So f***ing what? He's a striker, it's his job to score goals with whatever part of his body it will go in with. (Obviously not his hands). And to whoever said he is a donkey with his feet. Yeah he should have scored that chance before his second headed goal but it hardly makes him poor with his feet. If he was so bad with his feet he couldn't have produced that twenty yard shot which required a very good save to stop it from going in.
And to whoever said it says something about the team's performance when Giroud was our best player, maybe it is because he is actually a good player but you're too much of a fanny to realise that.

however,

Giroud scored two out of 8 chances presented to him at Fulham - watch the match again.

Play the guy you bought as a centre forward (Podolski) and play Giroud either hanging off him, or as an attacking midfielder.
Giroud missed a HATFUl on Saturday, just as he has missed chance after chance all season.

Pod should be CF.

This
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mel4 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

greengoonerie wrote:

however,

Pod should be CF.

are you in a dreamland or something? Podolski was never bought as a center forward. Wenger in his recent interview following what Poldi said in Germany, said he has known Poldi to have played about 11 years from the flanks. Suggesting, he never bought him as a CF.

Personally I do not know Poldi as a CF despite what his goal tally in FC Koln might suggest. Its like saying CRonaldo is a CF because of the number of goals he scores. Poldi like CR9 can play as a CF or a supporting striker, but at the moment, they are not CFs.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

mel4 wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:

however,

Pod should be CF.

are you in a dreamland or something? Podolski was never bought as a center forward. Wenger in his recent interview following what Poldi said in Germany, said he has known Poldi to have played about 11 years from the flanks. Suggesting, he never bought him as a CF. Personally I do not know Poldi as a CF despite what his goal tally in FC Koln might suggest. Its like saying CRonaldo is a CF because of the number of goals he scores. Poldi like CR9 can play as a CF or a supporting striker, but at the moment, they are not CFs.

Sorry, and who said that? Wenger. Ah, so it must be true.

Podolskis recent request that he be played in the middle (last week and posted on this site) is irrelevant then?

Yeah, think about it for a second. the Manager is trying to justify his selction of a player OUT OF POSITION !!!!

If the player HIMSELF is asking to be played in the centre, WTF does that tell you? Podolski has suddenly had a conversion to Centre forward.

FFS. It's not me who is in dreamland mate. Its WEnger and you who think Podolski is some kind of Left sided winger/attacking midfielder.

He is a centre forward. He played with Germany as a Centre Forward. He scores goals as a centre forward. He is incapable of NOT drifting into the middle a la his goal on Saturday, as that is where he played for Germany for a decade!!

Wenger is talking throuhg his hoop - have you ever heard the phrase "spin"?
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mel4 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:57 am

Lol.... this is so funny I can't even laugh.... with Germany as a CF? When did he consistently play as CF with Germany? Before Miroslav Klose? If I recall, only Gomez has had more opportunity as a CF when Miroslav is not playing?

...or are you talking about FC Koln, or Bayern Munchen? If FC Koln, was he really their permanent CF?

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am

mel4 wrote:Lol.... this is so funny I can't even laugh.... with Germany as a CF? When did he consistently play as CF with Germany? Before Miroslav Klose? If I recall, only Gomez has had more opportunity as a CF when Miroslav is not playing?

...or are you talking about FC Koln, or Bayern Munchen? If FC Koln, was he really their permanent CF?

sometimes, I don't know why I bother.....
:dizzy: :dizzy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Podolski

Playing position - Forward

Appearances 103 - Goals for Germany 44

Opinions Vs Facts eh?

I know which ones I will choose. Facts. Your opinions above are nonsense!!

Still, you go on ahead and believe Arsene and his justification for wasting a guy whose natural instinct is to score goals as a Centre Forward. Thats one of the things that is wrong at Arsenal...

....and you have laughably as your tag line, "some day I hope to get my Arsenal back" - you'll get it back much sooner if you stop believing the spin merchants from the board - Arsene Included.

Did you read the Article by Podolski last week? Thought not.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Maxduke » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 am

Although I have no doubt Podolski prefers to play uptop, he rarely ever plays there for Germany.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:22 am

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:

however,

Pod should be CF.

This

??? is there something I should know??? :P
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mel4 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am

greengoonerie wrote:
mel4 wrote:Lol.... this is so funny I can't even laugh.... with Germany as a CF? When did he consistently play as CF with Germany? Before Miroslav Klose? If I recall, only Gomez has had more opportunity as a CF when Miroslav is not playing?

sometimes, I don't know why I bother.....
:dizzy: :dizzy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Podolski

Playing position - Forward

Appearances 103 - Goals for Germany 44

Opinions Vs Facts eh?

I know which ones I will choose. Facts. Your opinions above are nonsense!!

Still, you go on ahead and believe Arsene and his justification for wasting a guy whose natural instinct is to score goals as a Centre Forward. Thats one of the things that is wrong at Arsenal...

....and you have laughably as your tag line, "some day I hope to get my Arsenal back" - you'll get it back much sooner if you stop believing the spin merchants from the board - Arsene Included.

Did you read the Article by Podolski last week? Thought not.

Are you this ignorant? When did 'forward' ever solely mean a CF? Like I pointed earlier, CRonaldo is a forward, but not a CF. Podolski is rightly a forward for Germany but not a CF for Germany.

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mel4 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am

Maxduke wrote:Although I have no doubt Podolski prefers to play uptop, he rarely ever plays there for Germany.

In the last ten years, I can't remember nor count up to five times where Podolski played as a CF for Germany. Greengoonerie is busy prancing and trolling with his double ID

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 am

Ah I see your argument now...

straws....

clutching at....... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

go away outta that, will ya!

Pod scores goals in the centre. You can spin it up any way you want, similarly to what Arsene is trying to do in his recent article, but those of us who use facts rather than opinion based nonsense see Podolski as a goal scoring Centre forward. Pod himself said it last week FFS. Or do you beleive the manager ahead of the player now?

Arsene doesnt like big bruising types of forwards as can be seen from his selection of Giroud up front every game. Hence our inability to convert chances from natural goal scorers such as Podolski, relying instead on Giroud scoring one in every few chances he gets... hence Wengers attempt to justify why he plays Giroud ahead of Pod up front, to Arsenals detriment.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mel4 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am

I don't have to believe Wenger and I don't have to believe the player.

Podolski apart from his heroics at FC Koln is not under any extensive facts that suggests he is a CF. Yes, he is a clinical goal scorer. No one doubts that.

Same like Theo, he has no record of being a CF. He is also clinical.

It depends on Wenger to decide to play them as CFs or not. But none of them should bullshit anyone by claiming they are CFs. They should stick to they want to play centrally. Right now they are not CFs but forwards. End of.

mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13