Arsenal V Fulham | Premier League 10/11/2012

Re: Arsenal V Fulham | Premier League 10/11/2012

Postby yosifun » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:51 am

I have no problem with playing Poldi and Theo in a 4-3-3 with a quality CF in the middle, problem is sometimes we play more of a 4-5-1 so they are not really playing close enough to goal to be a real threat to the opposition.

Since Theo can be easily deployed as a winger, we can tweak things during the course of a game moving Theo and Cazorla to the wings and moving Poldi closer to Giroud for a 4-4-2 when we need to score.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am

mel4 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:Although I have no doubt Podolski prefers to play uptop, he rarely ever plays there for Germany.

In the last ten years, I can't remember nor count up to five times where Podolski played as a CF for Germany. Greengoonerie is busy prancing and trolling with his double ID

What Double ID? Again, your opinions are mixing up your facts?

Please enlighten me as to what Double ID I possess?
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:21 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
gooner17 wrote:It genuinely amazes me the amount of stick Giroud gets. He scored two goals yesterday but some people still feel the need to give him stick. Why? Because they were headers. So f***ing what? He's a striker, it's his job to score goals with whatever part of his body it will go in with. (Obviously not his hands). And to whoever said he is a donkey with his feet. Yeah he should have scored that chance before his second headed goal but it hardly makes him poor with his feet. If he was so bad with his feet he couldn't have produced that twenty yard shot which required a very good save to stop it from going in.
And to whoever said it says something about the team's performance when Giroud was our best player, maybe it is because he is actually a good player but you're too much of a fanny to realise that.

Giroud is not a bad player at all.

however,

Giroud scored two out of 8 chances presented to him at Fulham - watch the match again.
Podolski scored one out of one chance presented to him.

Play the guy you bought as a centre forward (Podolski) and play Giroud either hanging off him, or as an attacking midfielder.
Giroud missed a HATFUl on Saturday, just as he has missed chance after chance all season.

Pod should be CF.

This

??? is there something I should know??? :P

it means I agree
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:24 pm

greengoonerie - you can't seriously think podolski plays CF for germany?
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Pudpop » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Missed a hatful? The only shot I remember Giroud missing that he SHOULD have scored was the shot before his second goal. I don't remember any misses where I was annoyed saying that he should've scored that, so why would you be annoyed in your striker having a higher shots per goal percentage than Judas had last year?

And also, saying the he scored the only shot 'presented' to him is one way of putting it... Giroud's 2 goals weren't presented to him. His movement was the only reason he got those 2 chances.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby friedslice » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:53 am

greengoonerie wrote:
gooner17 wrote:It genuinely amazes me the amount of stick Giroud gets. He scored two goals yesterday but some people still feel the need to give him stick. Why? Because they were headers. So f***ing what? He's a striker, it's his job to score goals with whatever part of his body it will go in with. (Obviously not his hands). And to whoever said he is a donkey with his feet. Yeah he should have scored that chance before his second headed goal but it hardly makes him poor with his feet. If he was so bad with his feet he couldn't have produced that twenty yard shot which required a very good save to stop it from going in.
And to whoever said it says something about the team's performance when Giroud was our best player, maybe it is because he is actually a good player but you're too much of a fanny to realise that.

however,

Giroud scored two out of 8 chances presented to him at Fulham - watch the match again.

Play the guy you bought as a centre forward (Podolski) and play Giroud either hanging off him, or as an attacking midfielder.
Giroud missed a HATFUl on Saturday, just as he has missed chance after chance all season.

Pod should be CF.

Podolski was signed as a WF where he plays for Germany. I want to see him central, but giroud was the man signed to play up front. he's a poacher, it'd be worthless him going wide or dropping deep, he was signed for the very purpose of attacking the 6 yard box and putting away chances as he's done a few times this week.
he's not that good though and clearly a standard below what we need. he'd be a good squad player who offers us something else.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Pudpop wrote:Missed a hatful? The only shot I remember Giroud missing that he SHOULD have scored was the shot before his second goal. I don't remember any misses where I was annoyed saying that he should've scored that, so why would you be annoyed in your striker having a higher shots per goal percentage than Judas had last year?

And also, saying the he scored the only shot 'presented' to him is one way of putting it... Giroud's 2 goals weren't presented to him. His movement was the only reason he got those 2 chances.

OK. I hope you have the match recorded - 8 chances 2 goals.

That equates to a hatful of misses in my (or anyones) book!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Podolski
VERSUS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_Giroud

One played in German league - equivalent to PL in my book
One played in French league - equivalent to Championship in my book.

both scored goals.

German player has proved internationally he can score also, with far higher goals ratio than French player.

Stubborn French Arsenal manager chooses French player over German player to play up front. (surprise surprise!!) Moves german goal machine to left hand side out of harms way. We watch the weekly Giroud missfest at Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich, Schalke, Fulham.

:BangHead: :BangHead:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jacobharris » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 pm

to be fair, i can see why podolski is playing on the left, he actually tracks back, and brings a lot more balance to the team than having theo, ox, gerv or arsh on the wings. since gibbs has been out he has had to do more defensive work, hence why the goals have dried up. that being said, him and giroud in a 4-4-2 would be ideal.
jacobharris
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:05 pm

greengoonerie wrote:
Pudpop wrote:Missed a hatful? The only shot I remember Giroud missing that he SHOULD have scored was the shot before his second goal. I don't remember any misses where I was annoyed saying that he should've scored that, so why would you be annoyed in your striker having a higher shots per goal percentage than Judas had last year?

OK. I hope you have the match recorded - 8 chances 2 goals.

That equates to a hatful of misses in my (or anyones) book!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Podolski
VERSUS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_Giroud

One played in German league - equivalent to PL in my book
One played in French league - equivalent to Championship in my book.

both scored goals.

German player has proved internationally he can score also, with far higher goals ratio than French player.

Stubborn French Arsenal manager chooses French player over German player to play up front. (surprise surprise!!) Moves german goal machine to left hand side out of harms way. We watch the weekly Giroud missfest at Liverpool, Chelsea, Norwich, Schalke, Fulham.

:BangHead: :BangHead:

+1
Would be interesting to see how many more points we would be on if he hadn't had those awful misses.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:18 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
greengoonerie wrote:

however,

Pod should be CF.

This

??? is there something I should know??? :P

it means I agree

:redface: :redface: thanks...netiquette eh!!
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13