Re: Manchester Utd V Arsenal | Premier League 03/11/2012

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:14 pm

GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Özilfan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 pm

TheArsenalPost wrote:
jake_cohen wrote:Last nights game wasn't good and it was so frustrating as we never really appeared to be in the game. I hope things change in the coming matches, or we will be out of all comps again very soon. Obviously Bradford is our chance for a trophy though.

I did this stats analysis on Mertesacker for this match also. Let me know your thoughts.
http://jakecohen92.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... -analysis/

Kinda implies if we beat them we win. Few more games to go.

I think he means that playing the mighty Bradford at Valley Parade is like a cup final for us :rofll: :lol:
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 pm

I have no idea what he means :)
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jake_cohen » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Arshavinfan wrote:
TheArsenalPost wrote:
jake_cohen wrote:Last nights game wasn't good and it was so frustrating as we never really appeared to be in the game. I hope things change in the coming matches, or we will be out of all comps again very soon. Obviously Bradford is our chance for a trophy though.

I did this stats analysis on Mertesacker for this match also. Let me know your thoughts.
http://jakecohen92.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... -analysis/

Kinda implies if we beat them we win. Few more games to go.

I think he means that playing the mighty Bradford at Valley Parade is like a cup final for us :rofll: :lol:

Haha something like that. Meant that we should beat them, and be into the semis.
Website- jakecohen92.wordpress.com
Twitter- twitter.com/jcohen92
jake_cohen
Michael Thomas

Postby TheArsenalPost » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 pm

We should. But we should have beaten Norwich too ;)
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Another sad display. We're going backwards. When our defense was bad, at least we had our attack, now they're both very average. Only 2 shots on goal and they didn't even come until stoppage time in the 2nd half.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:27 pm

dj_jonty_uk wrote:I think we're going into games with a negative attitude, because Wenger keeps stubbornly putting weak links in our team, and our good players know that they have more work to do to cover for the weak players. Ramsey is not a winger. Santos is not a defender. There's two straight off. This is the premier league, and we were playing one of the best clubs......why does Wenger insist on trying out players that everyone else knows aren't up to the task? I know our first choice LB was injured, but there were other things he could have done.....Sagna at LB with Jenkinson at RB, or Verm at LB and bring Kos in from the start between Verm an Mert. There seems to be a simplicity blindness to Wenger, and it's getting worse every season. Stop playing below par players. And personally, i'd take a punt on giving Walcott responsibilities up front at least until xmas......i'm just not sure Giroud will be anything for us this season. I know he has to adapt to the English game, but we should never have gotten to the stage that we have a striker who is adapting, Chamakh who never adapted, and Walcott who will take time to afapt to plaing the striker role. It should never have come to this.

And why Wenger couldn't see that Jack was treafing a very thin line while he had already been booked......the difference between both managers decisions with the exact same scenario for both teams, yet our manager decides to ignore it. And then, worse than that, cringingly states on the interview afterwards that Jack didn't deserve a 2nd yellow card? I'm sorry, but in my opinion he could have gotten a 2nd yellow a few minutes beforehand.

..and therein lies the problem for Arsenal fans.

Gallic stubbornness.

There isn't an Arsenal fan who believes Santos is good enough for Arsenal - yet Arsenal persists with him

Theo scores a hat-trick in midweek and is benched in favour of a French attacking midfielder whom Wenger thinks he can turn into a striker. Again Stubborn Arsene.

the disagreement that is gradually becoming public between Wenger and Bould - stubbornness again.

His refusal to accept that Arsenal needed to buy players until we were hammered 8-2 and lost 4-3 at Blackburn last season - yep, you got it.....

This man has become a one-man show at Arsenal in the management space, whcih is completely unsafe in an organization as large as Arsenal. SAF uses Mike Phelan and a host of others around him. Sure, SAF makes team decisions etc, but Wenger is incapable of listening to anyone else at all.

We are where we are, because of stubbornness sadly.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Santos isn't bad for a back up left back
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Santos isn't bad for a back up left back

I'd rather have somebody with his age and loads more talent, or his talent and loads more potential because he's still 17...

For a 29 year old, he's a horrible back up LB.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Santos ain't an LB. his positioning, lack of physical conditioning and inability to tackle proves that. I can't think of one sliding tackle he's ever made.

I can think of many times where he's jumped on the floor and had te ball and player glide past him.

Wenger loves a makeshift signing, but this is one he has Definately gone wrong on. We need an LB in January amongst other positions and if we are still in the same rough position come jan, there is no other explanation for that level of self sabotage.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby golfinguy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Tactical analysis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20199261

I'm not a big Savage fan, but he's pretty much right on in this analysis.

What he left out was the great divide in pressing between the two teams. United were surprisingly effective. Not sure what was up with our players, but United were dispossessing Cazorla ffs - thats not good for us. Plenty others were dispossessed and/or made poor passes too. We usually handle pressure quite well, but we folded Saturday.

Our pressing? I'm not sure, do we ever really press? We seem to play 'containment' defense, backing off and hoping they make a mistake. You're not going to come out ahead if you're waiting for RVP, Rooney, etc. to make a mistake. And of course this really doesn't work if you never get back to begin with. Does the title 'wing-forward' make these guys think they can let the opposing defender run without any responsibility? f**k!

Its obvious Verm should not have been given the armband - since it appears he should not be starting right now. Arsene's choices for captains have been quite suspect for years now.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby yosifun » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:49 pm

You're right, he's an awful back up left back.

Gibbs should be our current back up, covering for someone like Baines.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:07 pm

looks worse every time I see it
how that isn't a red is beyond me
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zenith » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 pm

It takes one very disrespectful c*nt to launch in like that especially when you know the bloke has just started playing again after having broken his leg twice in a single season.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 pm

at least he hit the other leg
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13