The Boss

Re: Manchester Utd V Arsenal | Premier League 03/11/2012

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Mannone
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla
Ramsey Giroud Podolski

Gibbs has been confirmed OUT for this on Twitter and I think it's safe to say starting Santos would be madness. It's a shame Theo can't start but he's just played 120 minutes and would never be able for this.

edit: Chamberlain will make the bench and Sczensy is 70-30 to start. I'd rather we stuck with Vito though.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Why is he still out? Same old Gibbs.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TheArsenalPost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't want to see Santos near the Starting XI. Verm can do a job there. If Jenks didn't play what felt like 3 hours of football yesterday I'm sure he could too.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Always_a_gooner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm

Verms has to start at left back...playing santos there would be suicidal but i have a feeling AW will do it *sigh*
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trequartista » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:47 pm

i am almost 100% certain Santos will start. He needs to just sit back and let Bac offer an attacking outlet from Full-back. He's a good tackler, he's just always on the edge of the opposition box when they hit us on the break
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Copying my post from the other thread.

Might sound controversial but Arshavin ran the show yesterday and in Cazorla looked tired and jaded the last time he was on the pitch. We can bring him on in the second half to add extra does of creativity but Arshavin not just looked good yesterday but also in the previous game as well.

Walcott MUST start.

We need Sagna's experience against United and hopefully Gibbs will be fit to play.

Wilshere and Arteta look like the form an ideal CM partnership.

we need to play our regular 4-2-3-1 against United as we cannot afford to get too adventurous against them. With RVP and Rooney they have enough firepower and we cannot afford to gung ho. 4-2-4 will be suicidal against a top side like United. Form needs to be given precedence. Walcott, Giroud and Arshavin are running high on confidence and we need to get them playing against United.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't know if I want Kosh to start or Santos to start. Koscielny has developed this habit of scoring own goals, whilst Santos isn't a defender. We're screwed either way. Best would be to retain the partnership of Mert and Verm, with Podolski covering for Santos.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Always_a_gooner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:53 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
Mannone
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla
Ramsey Giroud Podolski

Gibbs has been confirmed OUT for this on Twitter and I think it's safe to say starting Santos would be madness. It's a shame Theo can't start but he's just played 120 minutes and would never be able for this.

edit: Chamberlain will make the bench and Sczensy is 70-30 to start. I'd rather we stuck with Vito though.

If only walcott hadnt just played 120+ mins i wouldve started him instead of ramsey...Really hoping chamberlain will be able to start instead :pray:
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Really looking forward to this game.
Walcott or Ox should start on the right even if they arent 100% as we need their pace.
If we lose this game our outside chance of the title is over. I would be happy with a draw.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Walcott start? Good grief he played 120 minutes with a bruised lung. We can ill afford passengers.

Not that it will matter because Judas is going to turn us over anyway.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Might aswell make the most of him before he leaves ;)
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:52 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Walcott start? Good grief he played 120 minutes with a bruised lung. We can ill afford passengers.

Not that it will matter because Judas is going to turn us over anyway.

I'm fearing the same... the abuse will never end if he gets anymore than one goal against us.. I hope Vermaelen gives him an absolute bone-cruncher in the first five minutes... I'm in the mood for a nasty game
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:08 pm

We've had our annual pre-United collapse. So the signs are there that they'll turn us over pretty easily. What to expect? They won't play well, but we'll be worse. They score a couple goals on the counter and then we'll either settle for the loss of capitulate.

Sorry for the negativity. Just never see us getting anything from this fixture. Even if we play well the ref will just compensate.

Do we know who it'll be yet? Flip a coin between Mike Dean and Howard Webb I guess. Dean is actually worse but Webb clearly supports United so it's lose-lose

Saving grace may be Jack. Him being back is a massive boost. We have much better personnel in midfield than they do, one of these days we have to make it count. Remember when they played 7 defenders with Rafael and Fabio in midfield and we played our strongest side and still f***ing lost? Disgusting
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:13 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:We've had our annual pre-United collapse. So the signs are there that they'll turn us over pretty easily. What to expect? They won't play well, but we'll be worse. They score a couple goals on the counter and then we'll either settle for the loss of capitulate.

Sorry for the negativity. Just never see us getting anything from this fixture. Even if we play well the ref will just compensate.

Do we know who it'll be yet? Flip a coin between Mike Dean and Howard Webb I guess. Dean is actually worse but Webb clearly supports United so it's lose-lose

Saving grace may be Jack. Him being back is a massive boost. We have much better personnel in midfield than they do, one of these days we have to make it count. Remember when they played 7 defenders with Rafael and Fabio in midfield and we played our strongest side and still f***ing lost? Disgusting

Webb gave us a penalty at OT last season :sneaky2:
Refs have been good to us lately. Allowed Arteta to score an offside goal, didnt send Kos of yesterday, allowed more added time for us to score.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13