Reading V Arsenal | Capital One Cup 30/10/2012

Re: Reading V Arsenal | Capital One Cup 30/10/2012

Postby djaxster » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Jay22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Dejan wrote:I wonder what the odds were of us winning at 4-0 behind.
missed opportunity to get rich goddamn

Was only 85/1 to win 5-4 in normal time so I stayed away from it. My mate backed the 4-4 draw afrer normal time when it was 4-1.

85/1 isn't too bad. I wonder if anyone put some money on it.

SSN said today that at one point a betting company had odd's 750-1 for Arsenal to win. Not sure if it was after full time though
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby AFC10 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 pm

djaxster wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Dejan wrote:I wonder what the odds were of us winning at 4-0 behind.
missed opportunity to get rich goddamn

Was only 85/1 to win 5-4 in normal time so I stayed away from it. My mate backed the 4-4 draw afrer normal time when it was 4-1.

85/1 isn't too bad. I wonder if anyone put some money on it.

SSN said today that at one point a betting company had odd's 750-1 for Arsenal to win. Not sure if it was after full time though

Sky bet was 500/1 at 4-0 down. 7-5 odds never existed but would of been 1500/1
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Jay22 wrote:Also, sorry to be negative, but our defending in the first half was pathetic. It was like we didn't even tried stopping them from scoring. Pathetic really.

Kos needs to get his mojo from last year back.

Our defensive frailties were down to a new CB pairing where they hadn't played together before (often, so don't give me stats) and the fact that they both had particularly bad games. Also, our wide men weren't helping our full back at all during the opening half an hour, and Reading used the overlap to devastating effect. Thirdly, whereas usually while defending you would see our front 4 (ST, LW, RW, CAM) getting back into the half fairly quickly to congest space, this barely happened with Arsha, Theo, Gnabry and Chamakh in the first, and also quite often in the second and later. These are just some of my opinions, but we generally really were quite poor in defense. I'm not worried though considering the manner in which we conceded them and the fact that our first XI should defend better.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:58 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Brace yourselves to be statto'd by the only man with 20/20 hindsight

ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby FourSix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:47 am

A win like that does more for the team then a comfortable win (which it was never going to be). Giroud is looking better as well, was good against QPR and was good again against Reading, Chamakh can actually score decent goals which was surprising. Theo was brilliant and I'm still not sure if he got 2 or 3 goals... but thank god Jenkinson followed it up as it wasn't going to be given if he didn't.

Great game of football and we came out the right side of a classic.
FourSix
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 am

FourSix wrote:A win like that does more for the team then a comfortable win (which it was never going to be). Giroud is looking better as well, was good against QPR and was good again against Reading, Chamakh can actually score decent goals which was surprising. Theo was brilliant and I'm still not sure if he got 2 or 3 goals... but thank god Jenkinson followed it up as it wasn't going to be given if he didn't.

Great game of football and we came out the right side of a classic.

Theo has been officially credited with the goal.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Another class act from our club :arsenal3:
Arsenal hunt fans who returned Giroud and Coquelin's kit after shirt-sighted moment of madness at Reading

Arsenal are searching for the two supporters who were forced to return Olivier Giroud and Francis Coquelin’s shirts during the miracle 7-5 victory over Reading at the Madejski Stadium.

After Theo Walcott scored his second goal of the game in the final minute of normal time to bring the Gunners level at 4-4 after being 4-0 down, the French pair were so caught up in the euphoria of their equaliser that they threw their shirts to the fans, only to have to plead for them back when they realised they still had to play extra-time.

Now club staff are studying CCTV footage in an attempt to identify the supporters in order to present them with replica Giroud and Coquelin shirts they can keep.

'I thought in the cup competitions in England when you draw you then replay. That’s why I threw my shirt into the crowd,' Giroud explained in The Sun.

'I had no idea and I only realised when one of our subs ran over to tell me.

'Luckily the man gave me back my shirt so I could carry on. I have to thank him.

'At the end I threw my shirt back into the fans again.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ading.html
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Both deserve a signed shirt for their honesty, top lads! :thumbsup:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby elovic » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:34 pm

I was forced to miss the game (I know I know.. damn girlfriend)

Can anyone testify to how Eisfeld was? I have big hopes for the kid, during the only 10 minutes I've ever seen him play from a previous game, I was very impressed.
elovic
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Positives
Finds space really well
Prepared to try things and shows for the ball

Negatives
Passing very erratic - gave ball away as much as he found Arsenal players Vs. REading. But then again, EVERYONE was doing that all night!!

Shooting when teammates were better positioned - did this twice during the match IIRC.

All in all he had a game mixed with some good and some bad I thought. A bit like the Arsenal performance overall!

I'd like to see him in a starting 11 and see how he responds.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:05 pm

elovic wrote:I was forced to miss the game (I know I know.. damn girlfriend)

Can anyone testify to how Eisfeld was? I have big hopes for the kid, during the only 10 minutes I've ever seen him play from a previous game, I was very impressed.

2 words

Hot Prospect
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trequartista » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Just replayed this game with the exact same starting XIs and the closest benches I could do (players like Bellarin aren't in the game) and we won 4-1 with a double from Chamkh (It was clearly written in the stars that he wuld score 2 come what may!) and goals from Walcott and a screamer from Arshavin on the edge of the box.

So, thats what would have happened if the gods of football hadn't been feeling mischievous :)
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13