Arsenal V QPR | Premier League 27/10/2012

Re: Arsenal V QPR | Premier League 27/10/2012

Postby yosifun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Wenger will eventually do what he does lately, play Santos and Ramsey and make our team look rubbish..
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Exactly. 2 pathetic players in the 11.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yosifun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Exactly. 2 pathetic players out of position in the 11.

Fixed ;)
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Exactly. 2 pathetic players in the 11.

Ramsey is constantly being played out of position, he's far from pathetic...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:56 pm

yosifun wrote:
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Exactly. 2 pathetic players out of position in the 11.

Fixed ;)

lol, you read my mind
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:12 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:

he's been worse when he's played in position than out of position
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:13 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

he's a CAM IMO. He hasn't been played there this season

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm

elovic wrote:
starmandb wrote:
elovic wrote:ive just checked-
Gervinho hasnt produced anything good in 374 minutes. stunning stat.

may give a mild shock if it was true
it aint
scored home to chelsea
scored home to olympiacos and set up podolskis goal
all in the 374 mins he had played before you made the post
from someone slagging off the fans do you really think this is a good way to get behind a team that need a goal?

For once, the entire post was satirical, I have no effing idea how many minutes have passed since he's scored.
Second, Im baffled to see how a lot of people are blinded by his stats, yes he has 4-5 goals since the start of the season, but he gives away possession so easily, he shows very little signs of teamplay abilities, and besides a few tap-ins and ONE nice finish, I cant see any talent this player has.

He mightve produced 5-6 goals, but in his presence, I believe he destroyed dozens of opportunities for goals.

Third, as a fan I have every right to criticize the team's demerits. Gervinho (at least on the flanks) will just harm the team almost every game he opens. There are some players in this squad that I love to death, Gervinho- by FAR my least favorite. Thats it.

if you critisize your own you must be solid on facts and do you not find it rich that you are having a pop at people sitting in the stadium for lack of support for the team whilst doing the same on the internet.
i believe that weather you are over there or 3000 miles away your support and how you get behind the team carries the same weight or when you do get over there[and i hope you do] you will travel with a mind to supporting the team rather than slagging off gervinho.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Angelito » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Ramsey's CAM-Dom last season nearly got us out of Wenger's beloved top-4 trophy. Our massive run started after Rosicky returned.

Santos isn't as bad as Ramsey in losing the ball, misplacing passes, running out of ideas, making the simplest of errors; what he is awful at is defending and that's supposed to be his job. All of this signifies that Santos should play as a LF for us because he has a neat shot, crosses the ball excellently, and can also dribble.

Ramsey is bad in everything. We had a neat opportunity to counter-attack yesterday; Ramsey lost the ball as he does every time and his passes are horrible most of the time. Let's not get carried away and defend Ramsey. He wouldn't be anywhere near the starting line-up at other top clubs.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

on the performance…
I am very happy with the result because we lost two big games in our head, and the confidence was a bit jaded. We were serious, we moved the ball quite well and we needed to be patient today. It is a QPR team with quality, I don't think they will stay at the bottom [of the league]. It was important not to make a mistake, and wait for our chance and take it. We were a bit lucky that they lost a player, because it made it easier for us in the last 20 miniutes. But overall we played a serious game against a good team.

on Wilshere's comeback…
You could see technically he is there, and he gave everything, and what he is missing he will get through competition. He still misses a bit of the pace of the game, the rhythm of the game, but overall what he did was class.

on choosing to include Wilshere…
I made the decision without telling him because when you have not played for such a long time it is not always easy to deal with that and there is a high level of expectation when he goes on the pitch. I also felt the confidence of the team was a bit jaded and sometimes players with experience and quality give a bit of a lift as well.

on when he told him he was playing…
I told him he was playing at 10.30am today. Sometimes I think it is better when you don't have much time to think about it when you have been out for a long time.

on whether he can play regularly now…
I don't know - we have to see how he responds. After such a long time out, it goes a bit up and down. What is good is that he got kicked today and had no problem. The rest will come with the games. Now, after a game like that, I will certainly not play him on Tuesday [against Reading in the Capital one Cup]. Will I play him next week? I don't know.

on whether QPR targeted him…
I wouldn't say that. QPR knew they had to be completely committed to stop us from playing, they did that well. In midfield they have good players - Diakite and Granero are good footballers. I don't think they especially wanted to kick him.

on Granero's challenge on Wilshere…
Yes, [I was worried]. After 17 months, you hope he is not back to what happened before. The referee was in a good position, I thought it was a very hard tackle but he decided not to give him a yellow card. Afterwards he gave a red to Mbia, I think he deserved it. But overall he had a good game.

on QPR's late chances…
I don't think it is tactical, it was psychological. You could see that as soon as we scored we just wanted to protect the result and we were 11 against 10. If the team is full of confidence maybe we give a chance away, but we would continue to flow forward. But here we just wanted to protect the result - it shows you how quickly the confidence goes from the team.

on Cazorla's late miss…
No player misses a chance like that on purpose. When you know Santi, he still cannot understand how he did it. But he did.

on Gervinho's injury…
It is an ankle problem, we don't know how bad it is.

on Sagna's comeback…
He did well. He is ready physically, he was not out as long as Jack and he has no problem.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ent-today-
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:00 pm

on when he told him he was playing…
I told him he was playing at 10.30am today. Sometimes I think it is better when you don't have much time to think about it when you have been out for a long time.

Demonstration of Wengers genius :P
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Zenith wrote:
Gunnerfromafrica wrote:Had no Internet relation today, nor was I at home, I heard it was bad, how were jack and sagna?

Jack was outstanding, in fact he was the only player who really brought some pace into our game with his passing and runs, he got substituted after an hour or so though.

Bac seemed solid as well, made a few crucial tackles and did his defensive duties, overall a very decent performance from him.

For highlights visit this link:
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/

Thanks mate :arsesmile:
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:37 pm

You're welcome, saw the video of him got removed because of a copyright claim by the FA...

Here's another one:

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

He replaced Santi against Stoke. He is a CAM but he shouldn't be our second guy behind Cazorla.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:59 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:

he was there pretty much all of last season
he was awful
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13