Arsenal V Schalke 04 | Champions League 24/10/2012

Re: Arsenal V Schalke 04 | Champions League 24/10/2012

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

prolific wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
prolific wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:Think about the money spent on signing on fees and wages for park, chamakh and giroud (and maybe even include eduardo) then add it all up and tell me who we could have bought to replace henry!

I'm not including Eduardo, he could at least play football.

park was about 6 million
Chamakh was free
Giroud was about 13 million.

19 million, not including signing fee's etc. and we could have bought Llorente, Or (if we chucked in a couple of extra million) Lewandowski, both who could do a far better job for us than what we have now.

the funny thing is we now have a chance to sign both for a cut fee or on a free. you could throw a the Prem, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup at Wenger and he would still rather stick with crap. the amount of players missed out on because Wengers ways has declined us. its impossible. he wont change, we'll be force fed that itll break the bank but they fail to kick players out the club to fund progression within budget. he wont sort his own mess out getting the squad performing. this is why we need Pep. first he wont allow players to slack and you can bet he'll finetune us and then if thats not possible he'll put his foot down and get rid of the useless, wasted resources funding qaulity players to join.

I don't see the manager as the problem, i see the board as the issue. Wenger loves this club and wants us to do well, you can tell by the pained expression he always seems to give when talking about some of our inferior players.

The problem is the board. It doesn't matter who we have in charge, be it Wenger, Guardiola, Moyes, Klopp etc. they won't have any money to spend until 2014/15.

Better to stick with Wenger and get a near guaranteed 4th place than take a risk and miss out, just until 2014, when we finally get a financial return from the stadium.

it pains him because they are not the players he wants them to become. its not all the board. its Wenger too. if he generates funds he can sign. if he cant he could fine tune but he does neither. how can you let Bendtmer do what he done. Arshavin. heck Arshavin even admitted when Wenger went apeshit it woke him up. Wenger just expects it to happen. previous players all thought he was both a genius but nuts for not laying into players a bit more.

Truee
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Been watching City so obviousley didn't see the game tonight.

Can someone give me a quick run down? Were you shit, was it just some (who?), were you just outclassed etc.

I had City and Arsenal in a double today at 7/1. I'm very shocked tonight.

Would have won if you were awarded pointed for possession! If only!

We created f**k all in attack, even though our tempo was much improved after Norwich.

Their first goal came curtousy of Jenkinson being a little slack to stay in line. A cross came in - from what I remember - got knocked out, the line moved up, Jenkinson was a little slack keeping up (not hating on him, easy mistake for a youngster) played Huntelaar onside. Good finish, shouldn't have happened though.

Second goal was a counter. Santos was a little sloppy, but outnumbered. Low cross came in, Afellay finished at the back post.

Not guts, no forcing the issue, completely out-done by German organisation and efficiency.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 pm

The Bundersliga is better than the preimerleague.

Absolute shit from us tonight. No creativity and conviction whatsoever.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Can someone give me a quick run down? Were you shit, was it just some (who?), were you just outclassed etc.

We were awful mate, they totally outplayed us, we had only 1 shot on target, and it was from a 17 year old making his CL debut. Santos was dreadful, Gervinho nearly as bad, Ramsey worked harder than normal but offered nothing going forward.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby prolific » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Kyle? wrote:We had a top class striker who wanted 100k+ a week. He was told to sod off.

he also wanted a squad able to compete. of course we cant offer silly figures but thats a bit rich when we're wasting such a vast amount. theres no.balance at Arsenal. its just getting by. and the best part of it is we could be exceeding with our budgets.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

A bit like the Norwich game, just not good enough, not enough attacking intensity, everything was this on the half-way-line-passes that just kept going nowhere.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Schalke certainly weren't 'amazing' they where solid, we where shit. Farfan was good, i'm always impressed with him however.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby yosifun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 pm

elkanofan wrote:Schalke certainly weren't 'amazing' they where solid, we where shit. Farfan was good, i'm always impressed with him however.

It's not that he was good, it's just Santos was horrible at marking him.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Yes we were.

Just read through the thread mate, ignore my posts because they have been full or rage and anger. ;)
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 pm

1] So not signing a decent LB has come back and bit us in the arse.

2] So not signing a quality striker has come back and bit us in the arse.

3] Employing all three players out of position up-front takes the cake for me. FFS Gervinho a WF plays through the middle and keeps on fluffing around. Podolski a striker is left on the LHS watching Gervinho huffing and puffing in front of the goal. Ramsey a CM was chasing shadows on the RW.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:1] So not signing a decent LB has come back and bit us in the arse.

3] Employing all three players out of position up-front takes the cake for me. FFS Gervinho a WF plays through the middle and keeps on fluffing around. Podolski a striker is left on the LHS watching Gervinho huffing and puffing in front of the goal. Ramsey a CM was chasing shadows on the RW.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby yosifun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Zenith wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:1] So not signing a decent LB has come back and bit us in the arse.

This!!

yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:24 pm

yosifun wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Schalke certainly weren't 'amazing' they where solid, we where shit. Farfan was good, i'm always impressed with him however.

It's not that he was good, it's just Santos was horrible at marking him.

Santos cannot defend whatsoever! Can't attack very good either it seems.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby billie86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:58 pm

I almost stayed in to watch this tonight but after the norwich performance thought better of it and went out, thank god i did or my remote control would have probably gone through my tv screen by the sounds of it. Reading everyones comments it sounds like another spineless, lackluster performance. Looking at the line up everyone should have expected the worst, santos and ramsey? Santos has the defending ability of a traffic cone and ramsey has similar vision to stevie wonder. Its no secret we hardly ever win when ramsey starts in my opinion. Santos isn't good enough, gervinho isn't a striker, ramsey isn't good enough or a right winger, most of our players are as brittle as gingerbread men and have to go off if they get a twisted sock and then this is the situation you get left with. Same thing every year, highest amount of injuries in the league and no decent back up, will we ever learn? doesn't look like it. Anyway, no point dwelling on this result, we would be better off getting knocked out in the group stage in my opinion, i mean come on does anyone think we can win the champs league lol? may aswell save time and energy and go out sooner rather than later. We aren't good enough t compete with the big boys and tonight proves it. We had a few good games early on but teams know how to stifle us now, stop cazorla and podolski and we are useless :crybaby:
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Pathetic display. Everyone apart from Coq were poor. Took until injury time to get a shot on target. + There was not exactly much else anywhere near goal. This in a HOME game too. Like i say, PATHETIC. To piss me off even more the commentary team on the box decided to have a conversation about how we are missing RVP. Horrible night. At least we will win on Saturday.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13