Arsenal V Schalke 04 | Champions League 24/10/2012

Re: Arsenal V Schalke 04 | Champions League 24/10/2012

Postby Massa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Kyle? wrote:One thing is abundantly clear. We really need a top drawer CF. If Falcao is available for 35 million, we have to get him.

I want David Villa, proper target men don't do well at Arsenal.

falcao isn't a target man
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 pm

billie86 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Lots of commentary on Santos being shit. He was, but it wasn't as bad as made out to be. The problem was Podolski not playing his regular game - he was inside all too often, allowing Santos to get doubled up on and left hopeless. The Japanese right back ran wherever he wanted, because Podolski was not keeping him in check.

And then Ramsey on the right? He was all over the park, and not in a good way. Between him and Podolski it was like playing with no wingers at all. Someone needs to get up Ramsey's ass - far too many missed and shit passes.

The lineup was just all wrong. No discipline either - meaning the instructions must have been wrong too.

Gerv and Podolski need to switch. Ramsey needs to ride the bench for a while. Hell, maybe Arshavin on the right would have been better. f**k!

Do we only have 2 proper wingers at the club? I can only think of walcott and gerv and both of them would rather be strikers :think: . Ox isn't a winger imo, arshavin is an attacking mid, podolski is a centre forward, ramsey is nothing like a winger :dontknow:. Maybe this would explain why our play is so narrow and we aren't making many chances.

who cares where they would prefer to play? podolski is a fantastic winger with great workrate and attacking instinct. he was crap when he played upfront anyway
ox is as pure a winger as you can get. running past 46 year old milan players easily doesn't change that
gervinho is equally poor upfront or on the wing so
walcott has been a winger for the past 6 years
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby golfinguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:33 pm

billie86 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Lots of commentary on Santos being shit. He was, but it wasn't as bad as made out to be. The problem was Podolski not playing his regular game - he was inside all too often, allowing Santos to get doubled up on and left hopeless. The Japanese right back ran wherever he wanted, because Podolski was not keeping him in check.

And then Ramsey on the right? He was all over the park, and not in a good way. Between him and Podolski it was like playing with no wingers at all. Someone needs to get up Ramsey's ass - far too many missed and shit passes.

The lineup was just all wrong. No discipline either - meaning the instructions must have been wrong too.

Gerv and Podolski need to switch. Ramsey needs to ride the bench for a while. Hell, maybe Arshavin on the right would have been better. f**k!

Do we only have 2 proper wingers at the club? I can only think of walcott and gerv and both of them would rather be strikers :think: . Ox isn't a winger imo, arshavin is an attacking mid, podolski is a centre forward, ramsey is nothing like a winger :dontknow:. Maybe this would explain why our play is so narrow and we aren't making many chances.

Proper wingers? Maybe three; I'd add Ox to the list, even though he wants to play centrally he has the pace to play on the wing.

Podolski usually does a job, just had a shit game. Ramsey was dreadful (positionally, possession). I mentioned Arshavin because we lacked options and Ramsey frustrated me so much I longed for the forgotten Russian. THATS how bad it was ;)
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13