Arsenal V Schalke 04 | Champions League 24/10/2012

Re: Arsenal V Schalke 04 | Champions League 24/10/2012

Postby billie86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:08 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Pathetic display. Everyone apart from Coq were poor. Took until injury time to get a shot on target. + There was not exactly much else anywhere near goal. This in a HOME game too. Like i say, PATHETIC. To piss me off even more the commentary team on the box decided to have a conversation about how we are missing RVP. Horrible night. At least we will win on Saturday.

We do miss rvp and its becoming more evident every week and don't be too sure, playing like this we wont beat anyone
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 am

Wow. I missed the game and.... Should I be glad?

What the f**k? It's the CL so I don't care much, but we've lost the last two games at the Emirates. Jesus.

Ramsey, Ramsey, Ramsey... Let's stick with him until we rot. I'm tired.

And why can't Podolski play as the striker? What the heck? He should be our number 9--not just wearing number 9.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 am

I really dont think arsenal fans understand how poor this team is, its basically last seasons team minus RVPs 30+ goals. Sadly any other fans clubs would have reacted crazy by the last few seasons fiasco. But its well known Arsenal fans dont have much of passion, I know they will say we do, thats why we pay so much. But my impression from arsenal fans is mostly people who has good money and see football as a hobby. If this was Man u or Liverpool, no way would their fans accept 7 years without trophy and the team getting worse and worse.

Kroenke must feel like he won the lottery with these mugs, wouldnt surprise me if he says he will not talk tomorrow and Gazidis will spin for a short while without really answering any questions and send everyone away. I havent gone to any game this season as I swore I would never spend money on this current Arsenal.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby friedslice » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:52 am

the last two matches are a case of the "same old shit" i moaned about for what seemed like weekly last season. this year though i thought we'd improved and certainly looked to have. the last 2 games are a concern though. it was always likely we'd slip back into bad habits, rome wasn't built in a day and all that, but we can't fall back into consistently poor performances like this - like we did last year- we don't have RVP to save us this year.

its the same old story of plenty of football whilst creating nothing, sideways passes with lack of quality in cutting edge - then inevitably concede through shit defending. that was the story nearly every week for much of last season, hopefully it doesn't continue to be this year, but with how thin our squads looking atm it could be a real concern.
need players desperately in january.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 am

and santos can f**k off, the fat, useless, lazy, shit driving wank stain. he's f***ing abysmal, he'd be more use sitting on the bench. always out of position, never gets back, always gets beaten down his side and makes constant f**k ups which cost the side goals. f**k OFF YOU UNPROFESSIONAL C*NT
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsenalyank » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:23 am

Just watched the replay, wish I would have checked this board first. Almost no one, with the exception of Coquelin, played well today. Why Wenger insists on playing Ramsey on the wing I will never know. I wouldn't have even known he was on the pitch if I didn't see the lineup before the game. Santos looks like an adult beer-league player, Gerv seems to have taken a step backwards, Poldi is too busy covering back to do anything going forward, and Carzola is our only legitimate threat going forward, so he gets crowded out every time he gets the ball. I've never been misguided about this season in terms of thinking we will win anything substantial, and I understand that this team will not win all their games, but their display these last two games has been pathetic. People spend a lot of time and money supporting this club, the least we should be repaid with is a little bit of effort. The Wenger experience seems to be sputtering to a close. It will be interesting to see where this teams goes from here, just hopefully we won't fall too far before we get there.
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby S4cePL » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:18 am

beyond shit really. Wenger, will you sign quality in January... um probably NO caz you serve our board which just wants profits. fcuk trophies or ambition really.

Santos. wow I have never seen an Arsenal LB have a more pathetic game than today. wow what great scouting by our guys going all the way to f***ing Turkey for this useless piece of shit that looks like he can play with me and my friends on a Sunday afternoon at one of Chicago;s public parks. overweight and incompetent piece of shit LB who thinks he is the next Pires on the wing
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:39 am

poor performance,i wont lambast this team for now,with time i think we will have a competetive bunch
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby golfinguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 am

Lots of commentary on Santos being shit. He was, but it wasn't as bad as made out to be. The problem was Podolski not playing his regular game - he was inside all too often, allowing Santos to get doubled up on and left hopeless. The Japanese right back ran wherever he wanted, because Podolski was not keeping him in check.

And then Ramsey on the right? He was all over the park, and not in a good way. Between him and Podolski it was like playing with no wingers at all. Someone needs to get up Ramsey's ass - far too many missed and shit passes.

The lineup was just all wrong. No discipline either - meaning the instructions must have been wrong too.

Gerv and Podolski need to switch. Ramsey needs to ride the bench for a while. Hell, maybe Arshavin on the right would have been better. f**k!
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
Ciperator wrote:disgusting how much fans leave the stadium

Home support was proper shit today.

yes where was you?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 am

Popey wrote:we don't score without theo...

apart from the 5 v southampton
2 in montpellier
1 v chelsea
2 v olympiacos
1 at west ham
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:25 am

Leody wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Leody wrote:We've taken fewer shots than any team in the Champions League this season... with just 22.

Before today, We were the most efficient team in the competition aswell in terms of shot to goals.

I was just channeling my inner statman, aka copy and paste from OptaJoe...

would,nt have a clue how to copy and paste
good old fashioned add em up and write it down on a piece of paper
starmandb

Postby GoonerGetYA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 am

VCC wrote:poor performance,i wont lambast this team for now,with time i think we will have a competetive bunch

:rofll: with time :rofll:
How about 7 years of dismal performances, selling our best players, buying cheap shit replacements.
7 years of going backwards
7 years of failure
7 years of bottling
7 years with no trophies
Still being the most expensive club to watch

WITH TIME you say!! WITH TIME we'll be even worse then we are now.
We're nothing but a new age feeder club for clubs with Ambition to do well, you know the ones that spend and WIN things, the teams that BUY top players not sell them!
The money hungry board have turned this club into a laughing stock full of sub standard players!
A new hope
GoonerGetYA
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:35 am

gooney wrote:I really dont think arsenal fans understand how poor this team is, its basically last seasons team minus RVPs 30+ goals. Sadly any other fans clubs would have reacted crazy by the last few seasons fiasco. But its well known Arsenal fans dont have much of passion, I know they will say we do, thats why we pay so much. But my impression from arsenal fans is mostly people who has good money and see football as a hobby. If this was Man u or Liverpool, no way would their fans accept 7 years without trophy and the team getting worse and worse.

Kroenke must feel like he won the lottery with these mugs, wouldnt surprise me if he says he will not talk tomorrow and Gazidis will spin for a short while without really answering any questions and send everyone away. I havent gone to any game this season as I swore I would never spend money on this current Arsenal.

yes thanks for questioning my passion
i guess it is a take it or leave it hobby and i do think to myself shall i throw a few 50 pound notes on the fire for warmth or shall i get 1 of those season tickets for a giggle.
i love leaving my family home on a saturday night to pick up drunken fools
the clearing up the sick is such a hoot i get the butler to do it sometimes to share the fun
i,m not doing the extra hours to pay the credit card for the season ticket or anything
i know i am a newbie and don,t have your great insight into our fan base but i will keep trying.
just like my uncle who saw he,s 1st game in 1935[still goes] i guess he gets too much money as a pensioner so just wastes it for fun or my grandad who saw his 1st game in 1928 but does,nt go to games anymore
i mean what kind of excuse is dying in 1994 for failing to attend games?
the reason i reference these two gentlemen is that they both sat with me in the east lower when we played liverpool 72/73 and manchester united in 75/76 when both these sides were into there 8th season without a trophy.
the 0-0 at highbury v liverpool was the game when jimmy hill had to take over on the line when the linesman got injured.
the united game was our 5th of 7 consecutive home games in which we scored 3 goals at home to them[we had not played them the season before they had been relegated and playing in the 2nd division]
my seat was paid for by my grandad who had driven a cab and did those extra hours that i now do to pay for me god bless him.
having a few david cassidy/bay city rollers posters up in a little girls bedroom at the time was a hobby
i suggest you leave yours occasionally rather than insulting a fanbase everytime we have a bad result
starmandb

Postby billie86 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 pm

golfinguy wrote:Lots of commentary on Santos being shit. He was, but it wasn't as bad as made out to be. The problem was Podolski not playing his regular game - he was inside all too often, allowing Santos to get doubled up on and left hopeless. The Japanese right back ran wherever he wanted, because Podolski was not keeping him in check.

And then Ramsey on the right? He was all over the park, and not in a good way. Between him and Podolski it was like playing with no wingers at all. Someone needs to get up Ramsey's ass - far too many missed and shit passes.

The lineup was just all wrong. No discipline either - meaning the instructions must have been wrong too.

Gerv and Podolski need to switch. Ramsey needs to ride the bench for a while. Hell, maybe Arshavin on the right would have been better. f**k!

Do we only have 2 proper wingers at the club? I can only think of walcott and gerv and both of them would rather be strikers :think: . Ox isn't a winger imo, arshavin is an attacking mid, podolski is a centre forward, ramsey is nothing like a winger :dontknow:. Maybe this would explain why our play is so narrow and we aren't making many chances.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13