Norwich v Arsenal | Premiership 20.10.12

Re: Norwich v Arsenal | Premiership 20.10.12

Postby AFC10 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

SammyGunner11 wrote:
AFC10 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
AFC10 wrote:Still absolute fuming about this to be honest and I still can't decide why we was so bad! it's a mix up between it being a complete off day, Norwich having a gameplan against us that worked (Park the bus for 90 mins) or some things have go change.

I'm going to start by saying we have to drop Gervinho, enoughs enough now. I know he's popped up with a goal here and there but he's done absolutely NOTHING since that game before Man City I think it was where he played his best game I've seen him play. Adding nothing to the team and he's becoming even more frustrating to watch with his predictable shuffling of the ball and getting tackled, it's time for OX to make that right hand side his position now.

Secondly, Podolski. He's not made the impact I thought he would of made at all and I think that's all down to him playing outwide and not where he's at his best, in goalscoring positions. Wenger even plays him up top on his own or reverts back to 4-4-2 with Giroud up there with him which would work IMO. Don't get me wrong his work rate is epic but I'd rather be seeing his form he brings for Germany and Cologne than turning him into a hard working left sided player because its the goals we're lacking up top ATM.

All in all was a disappointing game for us with no flair, no urgency and lacked end product! fair play to Norwich sticking to their game like most relegation candidates would at home against the big sides but now we have to come out against Schalke and QPR and make a point that it was a one off otherwise the great start to the season we had looks like complete bollox. To be behind Chelsea by 10 points already isn't acceptable!

gervinho
nothing? he swivelled and scored a fine goal v chelsea and a goal from outside the box v olympiacos

Not going to take nothing away from his goal v Chelsea, brilliant goal! Still added nothing for the rest of the game. I was at the Olympiacos game to, any other game a keeper in the prem would of saved that but again he was frustrating/Added nothing. It was the game you realise how pissed off people was getting with him with all the moans and groans.

If we look at who's been our best player so far this season, Gervinho easily makes the top 5. I don't know what you're on about :?

Cazorla
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Arteta
Mert

That's our top 5 so far if you want to go by what you said, can't even debate it.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 pm

AFC10 wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
AFC10 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
AFC10 wrote:Still absolute fuming about this to be honest and I still can't decide why we was so bad! it's a mix up between it being a complete off day, Norwich having a gameplan against us that worked (Park the bus for 90 mins) or some things have go change.

I'm going to start by saying we have to drop Gervinho, enoughs enough now. I know he's popped up with a goal here and there but he's done absolutely NOTHING since that game before Man City I think it was where he played his best game I've seen him play. Adding nothing to the team and he's becoming even more frustrating to watch with his predictable shuffling of the ball and getting tackled, it's time for OX to make that right hand side his position now.

Secondly, Podolski. He's not made the impact I thought he would of made at all and I think that's all down to him playing outwide and not where he's at his best, in goalscoring positions. Wenger even plays him up top on his own or reverts back to 4-4-2 with Giroud up there with him which would work IMO. Don't get me wrong his work rate is epic but I'd rather be seeing his form he brings for Germany and Cologne than turning him into a hard working left sided player because its the goals we're lacking up top ATM.

All in all was a disappointing game for us with no flair, no urgency and lacked end product! fair play to Norwich sticking to their game like most relegation candidates would at home against the big sides but now we have to come out against Schalke and QPR and make a point that it was a one off otherwise the great start to the season we had looks like complete bollox. To be behind Chelsea by 10 points already isn't acceptable!

gervinho
nothing? he swivelled and scored a fine goal v chelsea and a goal from outside the box v olympiacos

Not going to take nothing away from his goal v Chelsea, brilliant goal! Still added nothing for the rest of the game. I was at the Olympiacos game to, any other game a keeper in the prem would of saved that but again he was frustrating/Added nothing. It was the game you realise how pissed off people was getting with him with all the moans and groans.

If we look at who's been our best player so far this season, Gervinho easily makes the top 5. I don't know what you're on about :?

Cazorla
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Arteta
Mert

That's our top 5 so far if you want to go by what you said, can't even debate it.

In your opinion.

Some would disagree, but I would pick Gervinho ahead of Mert, tbh.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Swan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:02 am

SammyGunner11 wrote:
AFC10 wrote:
SammyGunner11 wrote:
AFC10 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

gervinho

Cazorla
Jenkinson
Gibbs
Arteta
Mert

In your opinion.

Some would disagree, but I would pick Gervinho ahead of Mert, tbh.

no no no as he said you can't even debate it :)
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:06 am

Our top-5 players:

1. Arteta
2. Cazorla
3. Jenkinson
4. Podolski
5. Gervinho

And, yes, we do need to play Podolski up top. It's too much now. And I wouldn't mind Santos making left side his.

On Chamberlain, here's a strange one: he seems to be injured whenever we need him. So strange! And so infuriating!

I'd drop Ramsey as soon as possible. I'd play Coq as the holding midfield player and Arteta as a CM. That would instantly improve us.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Pudpop » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:44 pm

How is Gibbs not in that list?

1. Gibbs
2. Jenkinson
3. Cazorla
4. Mert
5. Arteta

Gibbs and Jenks is debatable because IMO Gibbs has gotten more assistance defensively than Jenkinson, so technically doesn't deserve it as much.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AFC10 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Angelito wrote:Our top-5 players:

1. Arteta
2. Cazorla
3. Jenkinson
4. Podolski
5. Gervinho

No Gibbs? Easily one of the best.. But Poldi and Gervinho?? shake my head, have I missed nothing? :think:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:24 am

Gibbs isn't in the list because Podolski has been playing both as LB and LF. The reason Gibbs has shined is Podolski's work-rate. At times in games, Gibbs is further up than Podolski in the left hand side. This is not to suppose that Gibbs has been poor. He's been very good too, but much of his goodness is a result of Podolski's work rate.

As for Gervs, well, he did well for us in a few games, but the reason he's in is because nobody has stood out. Our players haven't been performing well. It's a travesty because when you look at the top-3 contenders (United, Chelsea, and City); Chelsea have been playing their best games this season. United are as they always are, but City have been pretty poor, yet they has been squeezing three points from most games. This is what's separating City from Chelsea/United, especially Chelsea because when City can play bad and get the job done, I think they will be fine when they start jelling in again.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 am

Angelito wrote:Gibbs isn't in the list because Podolski has been playing both as LB and LF. The reason Gibbs has shined is Podolski's work-rate. At times in games, Gibbs is further up than Podolski in the left hand side. This is not to suppose that Gibbs has been poor. He's been very good too, but much of his goodness is a result of Podolski's work rate.

As for Gervs, well, he did well for us in a few games, but the reason he's in is because nobody has stood out. Our players haven't been performing well. It's a travesty because when you look at the top-3 contenders (United, Chelsea, and City); Chelsea have been playing their best games this season. United are as they always are, but City have been pretty poor, yet they has been squeezing three points from most games. This is what's separating City from Chelsea/United, especially Chelsea because when City can play bad and get the job done, I think they will be fine when they start jelling in again.

I think you must be the first non-City fan to give us credit in that way this season.

Other teams win ugly it's a sign of champions. City win ugly and it's a crisis and its all falling to bits. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Maxduke » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Chelsea have been awful this season in my opinion but have been getting the results.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Agree.... I hate that!

And I can't stand all the comments on FB from Chelski mates about "sexy football" :doh:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:36 am

glad i missed this game.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby greengoonerie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Maxduke wrote:Chelsea have been awful this season in my opinion but have been getting the results.

What??

I wish we were that awful!!!

22 points - 10 points ahead of us.
No defeats in the EPL.
Beat us easily at Emirates.

If you think they're awful just now, then just wait until they get good! :hiding: :arse flag.gif:

It's not April 1st is it??
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Diaby24AFC » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Maxduke wrote:Chelsea have been awfully good this season in my opinion and have been getting the results.

Fixed that for ya
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:53 am

Chelsea have been awful? What? Have you watched them play? Chelsea has been winning in style thanks to their trio; it's City who has been awful but is still grinding it out. Can't believe they're still unbeaten.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Maxduke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:53 am

I've watched every Chelsea game in the league this season as far as I can remember and if you think they're playing well then I don't know what to say. :lol:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13