Angelito wrote:@ Starman

How many of those are Prem games?

he has started 14 league games in 2012
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: Norwich v Arsenal | Premiership 20.10.12

Postby jake_cohen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 am

Kyle? wrote:I'd like to us try 3-5-2, with Poldi and Giroud up front.

I'd think this could work, playing with wing backs- 3-5-2. Still allows for the 3 central midfielders and the wing backs can get up and back
Website- jakecohen92.wordpress.com
Twitter- twitter.com/jcohen92
jake_cohen
Michael Thomas

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 am

starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:@ Starman

How many of those are Prem games?

he has started 14 league games in 2012

Yeah, I was referring to Prem only.

Then there's this stat where we have won only one game in which Arteta hasnt started...

Ramsey is terrible and my God, we lose everything when he plays.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 am

Btw, I don't think 3-5-2 will work in the PL. If we really want to perform to our best, our major formation is 4-4-2 against weaker teams and proper 4-3-3 against stronger teams.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, Wenger openly admitted that he isn't a motivator, and that game sure proved it. Neither is Verm it seems. We didn't even look like we wanted to play football.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jake_cohen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Angelito wrote:Btw, I don't think 3-5-2 will work in the PL. If we really want to perform to our best, our major formation is 4-4-2 against weaker teams and proper 4-3-3 against stronger teams.

Could be right, but Man City has used this numerous times. It's the formation they tore Chelsea apart with.
Website- jakecohen92.wordpress.com
Twitter- twitter.com/jcohen92
jake_cohen
Michael Thomas

Postby AFC10 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Still absolute fuming about this to be honest and I still can't decide why we was so bad! it's a mix up between it being a complete off day, Norwich having a gameplan against us that worked (Park the bus for 90 mins) or some things have go change.

I'm going to start by saying we have to drop Gervinho, enoughs enough now. I know he's popped up with a goal here and there but he's done absolutely NOTHING since that game before Man City I think it was where he played his best game I've seen him play. Adding nothing to the team and he's becoming even more frustrating to watch with his predictable shuffling of the ball and getting tackled, it's time for OX to make that right hand side his position now.

Secondly, Podolski. He's not made the impact I thought he would of made at all and I think that's all down to him playing outwide and not where he's at his best, in goalscoring positions. Wenger even plays him up top on his own or reverts back to 4-4-2 with Giroud up there with him which would work IMO. Don't get me wrong his work rate is epic but I'd rather be seeing his form he brings for Germany and Cologne than turning him into a hard working left sided player because its the goals we're lacking up top ATM.

All in all was a disappointing game for us with no flair, no urgency and lacked end product! fair play to Norwich sticking to their game like most relegation candidates would at home against the big sides but now we have to come out against Schalke and QPR and make a point that it was a one off otherwise the great start to the season we had looks like complete bollox. To be behind Chelsea by 10 points already isn't acceptable!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm

AFC10 wrote:Still absolute fuming about this to be honest and I still can't decide why we was so bad! it's a mix up between it being a complete off day, Norwich having a gameplan against us that worked (Park the bus for 90 mins) or some things have go change.

I'm going to start by saying we have to drop Gervinho, enoughs enough now. I know he's popped up with a goal here and there but he's done absolutely NOTHING since that game before Man City I think it was where he played his best game I've seen him play. Adding nothing to the team and he's becoming even more frustrating to watch with his predictable shuffling of the ball and getting tackled, it's time for OX to make that right hand side his position now.

Secondly, Podolski. He's not made the impact I thought he would of made at all and I think that's all down to him playing outwide and not where he's at his best, in goalscoring positions. Wenger even plays him up top on his own or reverts back to 4-4-2 with Giroud up there with him which would work IMO. Don't get me wrong his work rate is epic but I'd rather be seeing his form he brings for Germany and Cologne than turning him into a hard working left sided player because its the goals we're lacking up top ATM.

All in all was a disappointing game for us with no flair, no urgency and lacked end product! fair play to Norwich sticking to their game like most relegation candidates would at home against the big sides but now we have to come out against Schalke and QPR and make a point that it was a one off otherwise the great start to the season we had looks like complete bollox. To be behind Chelsea by 10 points already isn't acceptable!

gervinho
nothing? he swivelled and scored a fine goal v chelsea and a goal from outside the box v olympiacos
starmandb

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Walcott.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby AFC10 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:51 pm

starmandb wrote:
AFC10 wrote:Still absolute fuming about this to be honest and I still can't decide why we was so bad! it's a mix up between it being a complete off day, Norwich having a gameplan against us that worked (Park the bus for 90 mins) or some things have go change.

gervinho
nothing? he swivelled and scored a fine goal v chelsea and a goal from outside the box v olympiacos

Not going to take nothing away from his goal v Chelsea, brilliant goal! Still added nothing for the rest of the game. I was at the Olympiacos game to, any other game a keeper in the prem would of saved that but again he was frustrating/Added nothing. It was the game you realise how pissed off people was getting with him with all the moans and groans.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:13 pm

AFC10 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

gervinho

Not going to take nothing away from his goal v Chelsea, brilliant goal! Still added nothing for the rest of the game. I was at the Olympiacos game to, any other game a keeper in the prem would of saved that but again he was frustrating/Added nothing. It was the game you realise how pissed off people was getting with him with all the moans and groans.

if i took notice of every player that was ever moaned and groaned at over the arsenal we would never be able to field a team
starmandb

Postby AngusPodgory » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Yeah, Norwich parked the bus - because we forgot how to play the long ball.
AngusPodgory
Liam Brady

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:35 pm

in the last min of the chelsea game gervinho beat ivanovich and cut back for cazorla to put it over the bar.
in the olympicos game gervinho did fine work on the edge of the box played in cazorla who put it wide.
he then linked up with cazorla before playing in podolski for our 2nd
he then played in cazorla who was dissposessed.
i would agree he can be a bit jekyl and hide but to say he did nothing is unfair
starmandb

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

AFC10 wrote:
starmandb wrote:

gervinho

If we look at who's been our best player so far this season, Gervinho easily makes the top 5. I don't know what you're on about :?
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby TheArsenalPost » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm

He's been better than last season but he still needs to do a hell of a lot better every week! His consistency isn't great, not for a guy who plays for a top 4 side. He'll never be a prolific goalscorer but his game is a little too predictable at times.
TheArsenalPost
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2012-13